Can I BE polite here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'eh, don't worry about it- you'll find friendlies, pure combatants, extremists, & middle of the road posters from both sides. however, if you lean left you are outnumbered... BUT if you wear a hazmat suit when you come thru the door- you'll be fine.

It's the church ladies that get on my tits.

Moralising and preaching on the one hand, and hurling out expletives on the next.
Conservatives taught me every bad word I know.
:cul2:

Did they really? :71:

'eh, don't worry about it- you'll find friendlies, pure combatants, extremists, & middle of the road posters from both sides. however, if you lean left you are outnumbered... BUT if you wear a hazmat suit when you come thru the door- you'll be fine.

Moralising and preaching on the one hand, and hurling out expletives on the next.

yep... another site i go to has a poster like that & has wished that 'liberal' posters she disagrees with 'should have been aborted'.

how she can reconcile that in her own nutty brain, just stuns me... but she does.

This place is where it's all at.

A free for all. Even wet T-shirt contests.

:hyper: :meow:

How civil or uncivil a place is this? because i get abuse and its almost always from "conservatives" thinking they are clever, insulting name calling lying isn't an argument posting a stupid meme isnt an argument.. are there any adults here.. or is this just another asylum run by the inmates?

Do what I do, discredit them and give it right back.

Discredit?

From you?

Surely you jest?

Penelope is the perfect example of the saying, "If you don't read the paper you are uniformed, and if you do read the paper you are misinformed".

How civil or uncivil a place is this? because i get abuse and its almost always from "conservatives" thinking they are clever, insulting name calling lying isn't an argument posting a stupid meme isnt an argument.. are there any adults here.. or is this just another asylum run by the inmates?

Do what I do, discredit them and give it right back.

Discredit?

From you?

Surely you jest?

Penelope is the perfect example of the saying, "If you don't read the paper you are uniformed, and if you do read the paper you are misinformed".

It depends on what paper. They mainly read rags.

Welcome aboard USMB, BILLSANDS. Civil and "truth" are rarely synonymous in these roughening seas of our era. Nevertheless, a good dialectic storm can get anyone closer to a higher understanding of ourselves, and the world. Regardless of political affiliation there's good, challenging discourse to be had here, on USMB with some truly excellent thinkers, and everyone can learn something here—even from their most vitriolic opponent—with an open mind and thickened skin. Never take disagreement too personally, sharpen up you intellectual sword and slash and hack. It is great therapy.

yep... another site i go to has a poster like that & has wished that 'liberal' posters she disagrees with 'should have been aborted'.

how she can reconcile that in her own nutty brain, just stuns me... but she does.

i enjoy coming here very much...& the other one i have been posted on since 2006.

Truthfully, the libs usually go easy on me.

I actually get along better with the lefties. Really, I do. Reason being is that they're intellectually honest about themselves. They eagerly admit that they want bigger government. I can appreciate intellectual honesty. They put it all out there on the table.

I get po'd at my conservative peers, though, because they're just as big government as the lefties, except they wanna pretend otherwise.

But I have to be careful, because I don't like to blame individials. I blame the party. I pop my pie hole off sometimes and people likely take it personal, but it's not meant to be personal.

i enjoy coming here very much...& the other one i have been posted on since 2006.

There's another one? :50:

We've cornered the market in politeness when it comes to the Flame Zone. Drop by after 100 posts and I'll put the kettle on.

Last edited:
One can be as polite as desired here, but reciprocity cannot be guaranteed. There are primarily only 'left' and 'right' posters here.
Then, there are the rest of us.
If you're not far left or far right, you can get equally pissed on by BOTH sides.

So true.
I'm very lib/prog on social issues but much more moderate/conservative on fiscal/military/crime issues....

so, depending upon the issue which I am so kindly expressing my rational, sane and intelligent (and correct!) opinion on I can be bashed by L or R......sometimes both......

Well only a liberal would ask if they can be polite. Of course you can, it's all up to you.

Welcome aboard USMB, BILLSANDS. Civil and "truth" are rarely synonymous in these roughening seas of our era. Nevertheless, a good dialectic storm can get anyone closer to a higher understanding of ourselves, and the world. Regardless of political affiliation there's good, challenging discourse to be had here, on USMB with some truly excellent thinkers, and everyone can learn something here—even from their most vitriolic opponent—with an open mind and thickened skin. Never take disagreement too personally, sharpen up you intellectual sword and slash and hack. It is great therapy.
Not true, but winner diatribe nonetheless.

One can be as polite as desired here, but reciprocity cannot be guaranteed. There are primarily only 'left' and 'right' posters here.
Then, there are the rest of us.
If you're not far left or far right, you can get equally pissed on by BOTH sides.

So true.
I'm very lib/prog on social issues but much more moderate/conservative on fiscal/military/crime issues....

so, depending upon the issue which I am so kindly expressing my rational, sane and intelligent (and correct!) opinion on I can be bashed by L or R......sometimes both......
I haven't run into you yet on the board, but it sounds like we may agree on quite a few things. Don't be running off on November 9th. Us left of center lifers get truly piled on at times once the DNC volunteers go back to baking brownies for the PTA.

Well only a liberal would ask if they can be polite. Of course you can, it's all up to you.
Beware miketx

The Spider and the Fly

“Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,
'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.”

Try to be polite even though some people make it hard to be polite.

yes...
so true....

ONLY a liberal would ask if we can be polite. Conservatives would NEVER be polite......I have come to the conclusion that NICE and POLITE and GOOD are concepts that anger most conservatives......

Funny.
4 posts in and you already formed an opinion that conservatives only reply in memes.
That's fine. The liberals here just copy/paste the thoughts that others form for them.

Even Steven.
i never understod why copying and pasting data or facts was a roblem or do conservatives just make stuff up here too?
We;; we have a thread here owehterr not 15 dollars and hour is better thyan the 400 per night in tips that the average waitress makes! e joker thinks waitresses make over 90k per year and sites this stat from nothing but I need to prove him wrong accordnig to him! Some are real fucking idiots! Have you run ionto sunni man or broke loser! Two of the biggest lying idiots on here along with some others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back