Just wanted to introduce myself...

baum

Rookie
Sep 16, 2018
... so people understand my background when answering to anything I post.

I am a human, a european, a german... in that order. I am also a physicist, a banker and see the world through the eyes of a technocrat. While I am a christian I do not believe in a specific god, but accept that the modern protestantic church is trying to set a ethic level that I partly would share. I accept that all men and women, any institutions and governments have flaws, and I like to evaluate people not by profession, title, but by their ability to reflect on things and theirselves.

That being said, I am a boring moderate (in politics) in my country and I change my vote on parties depending on statements and also what i believe is best for the country.

I am a human, a european, a german... in that order. I am also a physicist, a banker and see the world through the eyes of a technocrat. While I am a christian I do not believe in a specific god, but accept that the modern protestantic church is trying to set a ethic level that I partly would share. I accept that all men and women, any institutions and governments have flaws, and I like to evaluate people not by profession, title, but by their ability to reflect on things and theirselves.

That being said, I am a boring moderate (in politics) in my country and I change my vote on parties depending on statements and also what i believe is best for the country.
Welcome back, 320.
Have a donut!
upload_2018-9-16_15-1-57.png

Welcome to USMB from a fellow human.

Wilkommen, and bring many hip boots. :welcome:

I’m sorry to hear that, especially the human part.

Well howdy and welcome to the board. Please tell me: Why are all Germans so angry? Maybe it's those tight lederhosen or something..

I am a human, 0
a european, -1
a german... -1
I am also a physicist, +1
a banker -1
a technocrat. -1
a christian +1
a specific god, -1
the modern protestantic church +1
any institutions and governments have flaws +1
by their ability to reflect on things and theirselves.+1
a boring moderate -1

Overall technocratic score = -1

A technocratically mildly boring pseudo-intellectual liberal whose opinion will vary in everything.

Here's one of my all-time favorite angry Germans, Hans Gruber...

Well howdy and welcome to the board. Please tell me: Why are all Germans so angry? Maybe it's those tight lederhosen or something..

I know it is a common belief that germans are angry and have no humor. Dont know why we came to that impression. It is true that to new persons we are often not very polite.

I am a human, 0
a european, -1
a german... -1
I am also a physicist, +1
a banker -1
a technocrat. -1
a christian +1
a specific god, -1
the modern protestantic church +1
any institutions and governments have flaws +1
by their ability to reflect on things and theirselves.+1
a boring moderate -1

Overall technocratic score = -1

A technocratically mildly boring pseudo-intellectual liberal whose opinion will vary in everything.
Thanks, i am happy i got a score close to 0. I consider that a victory on an US forum ;)

So, was Hitler really an evil genius?

Hitler was a POS but he did fulfill the last part of the OP's post, "also what i believe is best for the country." He did pull Germany out of the trashing the Wiemar Republic did to Germany but really screwed up when he started invading other countries and systematically exterminating people.

willkommen in amerika und möge dir schnell klar sein, dass wir nicht alle bedauerlichen trumpfans sind

If they would have stopped the movie production after Die Hard, it would stand as the best movie of all times ;)
For a while i always wondered why germans were almost as often the bad guys as russians, but i guess i shouldnt have slept through history classes

You've been watching too many movies.
Germans for the most part are very nice people.

If they would have stopped the movie production after Die Hard, it would stand as the best movie of all times ;)
For a while i always wondered why germans were almost as often the bad guys as russians, but i guess i shouldnt have slept through history classes

Well for starters..

article-2479212-19075FE700000578-35_634x405.jpg

Must have been something Trump said. :laughing0301:

Then there's there's this guy...

kindergarten-cop.jpg

So, was Hitler really an evil genius?

Hitler was a POS but he did fulfill the last part of the OP's post, "also what i believe is best for the country." He did pull Germany out of the trashing the Wiemar Republic did to Germany but really screwed up when he started invading other countries and systematically exterminating people.
I guess we see things differently. Yes, germany was punished after ww1 to an extent that living was difficult. But then, criminals need to be punished. In hindsight it was just a bit too much. But Hitler did nothing for the people ... Everything he did was in preparation for the war.

Well for starters..

Unfortunately it is her everyday face. But if i have to choose between small hands and her... Well i cant choose anyways

Well for starters..

Then there's there's this guy...

kindergarten-cop.jpg

Awnold is an Austrian.

Forum List

Back