Can God cure as well as kill? Should God kill or cure?

You know, for someone who knows nothing about God you sure seem to have a lot of opinions of Him.
YOU “know” a god? Hilarious!
Hey, I know about the story of Santa Clause, but that does not make it real.

Anyone can know God by humble serving Him.

Jesus said he came to serve and not be served.

Why would you do the opposite of what he wants?

What possible service do you think you can fill that Jesus has need of?

Regards
DL

You know, for someone who knows nothing about God you sure seem to have a lot of opinions of Him.

I see a lot of the damage belief in him does and that is what helps form my opinions.

Part of that damage seeing believers look at a genocidal piece of garbage God and somehow seeing him as good.

Regards
DL

So your issue with God is that he Has Power over life and death

Not and I did not even speak to that.

I spoke of how Christians can see a genocidal son murdering prick of a God as somehow good.

Perhaps you thought you were talking to someone else.

Regards
DL

And if you’re actually interested in God healing I recommend studying Isaiah 53

I am more interested in all his unjust murdering.

He does that a lot more.

Regards
DL

God is justice. If he was ever unjust He would cease to be God.

Let's see what your standards are then.

If justice or a judge asks for and accepts a bribe/sacrifice to alter his verdict, is it justice or a just judge?

I do not expect an honest answer but I must try to get one.

Regards
DL

god can't do either--this is obvious
like these idiots who thank god they survived a car/train/plain crash--but others died!!

True. What are your thoughts on the morality shown for God in the bible?

Regards
DL
bible is fiction

Yes, but that was not my question.

My question was of the morality it gives God.

Christians usually deflect away from that judgement as their morals have been corrupted and they try to hide them.

I am surprised you did for yours as well.

Regards
DL

Scriptures show quite often where God either kills directly or orders killings. I should not have to quote particular instances but will put a link below showing some examples.

I appreciate that believers will see God killing as just killing evil people who deserve it. I do not care about that and will concede that point here and now.

My question is based on what Jesus said, which was that he had come to heal the morally sick and not cater to the morally well. Jesus was
into curing and not killing.

In comparing good and evil in this issue, I conclude that a good God would cure instead of kill, and that only an evil satanic God would
kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

See Job 40 for God’s response.

like these idiots who thank god they survived a car/train/plain crash--but others died!!

Regards
DL
bible is fiction
The bible is a mixture of myth, fiction and some fact. The problem is it’s mostly impossible to tell which is which.
As to the theme of this thread a reading of Peter Vardy’s ‘The Puzzle of Evil’ gropes with the question at some length attempting to solve the problem from a Christian perspective but never arrives at a fully satisfactory explanation. Any theologian who’s honest ( and few are) will admit the origin of Evil appears to be God himself if we examine where Satan supposedly originated. That is unless God’s supposed omniscience is denied and very few believers are willing to swallow that one. One thing is certain though, for the priestly class the supposed existence of Satan has been a great money earner down the centuries and comforted many who can avoid blaming themselves for sin by blaming Satan for tempting them.

As to the morality shown by God in the Bible there’s little difference between the vengeful, erratic and cruel God of The Old Testament and the sad-masochist one of the New.

Regards
DL
bible is fiction
The bible is a mixture of myth, fiction and some fact. The problem is it’s mostly impossible to tell which is which.
As to the theme of this thread a reading of Peter Vardy’s ‘The Puzzle of Evil’ gropes with the question at some length attempting to solve the problem from a Christian perspective but never arrives at a fully satisfactory explanation. Any theologian who’s honest ( and few are) will admit the origin of Evil appears to be God himself if we examine where Satan supposedly originated. That is unless God’s supposed omniscience is denied and very few believers are willing to swallow that one. One thing is certain though, for the priestly class the supposed existence of Satan has been a great money earner down the centuries and comforted many who can avoid blaming themselves for sin by blaming Satan for tempting them.

As to the morality shown by God in the Bible there’s little difference between the vengeful, erratic and cruel God of The Old Testament and the sad-masochist one of the New.
Can you tell which one of those the account of the Tower of Babel is?

Scriptures show quite often where God either kills directly or orders killings. I should not have to quote particular instances but will put a link below showing some examples.

I appreciate that believers will see God killing as just killing evil people who deserve it. I do not care about that and will concede that point here and now.

My question is based on what Jesus said, which was that he had come to heal the morally sick and not cater to the morally well. Jesus was

In comparing good and evil in this issue, I conclude that a good God would cure instead of kill, and that only an evil satanic God would
kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

I found this while looking.

Regards
DL

kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

I found this while looking.

Regards
DL

My response to the first story would have been there is no such thing as evil. There is only absence of good.

My response to the account of Job is that Job is an allegorical account that acknowledges that bad things do happen to good people.

Straw men are not real or a good comparison of objectivity.

As long as atheists - especially militant atheists - perceive God to be some magical fairy tale then everything they see will skew to that result. There won't be one single thing that they will agree with or accept. Whereas if they were trying to objectively analyze the evidence for spirit creating the material world they would be more apt to listen to the whole argument and not look for trivial things to nitpick.

As long as atheists - especially militant atheists - perceive God to be some magical fairy tale then everything they see will skew to that result. There won't be one single thing that they will agree with or accept. Whereas if they were trying to objectively analyze the evidence for spirit creating the material world they would be more apt to listen to the whole argument and not look for trivial things to nitpick.

Trivial things to nitpick? You mean trivial things like facts that you tend to sidestep around?

Trivial things to nitpick? You mean trivial things like facts that you tend to sidestep around?
No. Trivial things like reading these accounts literally. Like you and so many others do because you lack the intellectual wherewithal to confront them from a position of respect. It's probably the number one reason in your life that you are so poor with dealing with others who hold opposing views than you.

True. The immorality of the fable as a whole has them wanting to kill your supernatural prick of a God, --- even as they wonder why moral people, or those who say they are, like you, are idol worshiping your genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL

No. Trivial things like reading these accounts literally. Like you and so many others do because you lack the intellectual wherewithal to confront them from a position of respect. It's probably the number one reason in your life that you are so poor with dealing with others who hold opposing views than you.

As a typical pick and choose religionists, you want the liberty to decide which of the Bible events are literally true and which are mere parable.

Make a list.

True. The immorality of the fable as a whole has them wanting to kill your supernatural prick of a God, --- even as they wonder why moral people, or those who say they are, like you, are idol worshiping your genocidal son murdering prick of a God.

Regards
DL
If you start from the belief that the first eleven chapters of the Torah are an allegorical account of world history before the great migration from Mesopotamia - which was an actual historical event - then the first eleven chapters of the Torah takes on new meaning. Seen in this light these accounts should be viewed less like fairy tales and more like how important information was passed down in ancient times. Just as the Chinese used well known history and everyday things as symbols in their written language to make words easier to remember, ancient man used stories to pass down historical events and important knowledge to future generations. Interspersed in these allegorical accounts of history are wisdoms that they deemed important enough to pass down and remember. Such as man knows right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong he rationalizes he didn't do wrong. Most people don't even realize this wisdom is in the Torah because they read it critically instead of searching for the wisdom that ancient man knew and found important enough to include in his account of world history.

You need to keep in mind that these accounts are 6,000 years old and were passed down orally from one generation to the next for thousands of years. Surely ancient man believed these accounts were of the utmost importance otherwise they would not have been passed down for thousands of years before they were recorded in writing. You shouldn't view these accounts using the context of the modern world. Unfortunately, you are so far removed from these events that you have no idea of the original meaning. I bet you don't even know what the account of the Tower of Babel was about. You read these texts like they were written yesterday looking for ways to discredit them and make yourself feel superior rather than seeking the original meaning and wisdom. Shame on you.

As a typical pick and choose religionists, you want the liberty to decide which of the Bible events are literally true and which are mere parable.

Make a list.
There actually is a list out there. Take some time and educate yourself on it.

Forum List

Back