Can God cure as well as kill? Should God kill or cure?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Scriptures show quite often where God either kills directly or orders killings. I should not have to quote particular instances but will put a link below showing some examples.

I appreciate that believers will see God killing as just killing evil people who deserve it. I do not care about that and will concede that point here and now.

My question is based on what Jesus said, which was that he had come to heal the morally sick and not cater to the morally well. Jesus was
into curing and not killing.

In comparing good and evil in this issue, I conclude that a good God would cure instead of kill, and that only an evil satanic God would
kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

You know, for someone who knows nothing about God you sure seem to have a lot of opinions of Him.

Scriptures show quite often where God either kills directly or orders killings. I should not have to quote particular instances but will put a link below showing some examples.

I appreciate that believers will see God killing as just killing evil people who deserve it. I do not care about that and will concede that point here and now.

My question is based on what Jesus said, which was that he had come to heal the morally sick and not cater to the morally well. Jesus was

In comparing good and evil in this issue, I conclude that a good God would cure instead of kill, and that only an evil satanic God would
kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

285 Since the beginning the Christian faith has been challenged by responses to the question of origins that differ from its own. Ancient religions and cultures produced many myths concerning origins. Some philosophers have said that everything is God, that the world is God, or that the development of the world is the development of God (Pantheism). Others have said that the world is a necessary emanation arising from God and returning to him. Still others have affirmed the existence of two eternal principles, Good and Evil, Light and Darkness, locked, in permanent conflict (Dualism, Manichaeism). According to some of these conceptions, the world (at least the physical world) is evil, the product of a fall, and is thus to be rejected or left behind (Gnosticism). Some admit that the world was made by God, but as by a watch-maker who, once he has made a watch, abandons it to itself (Deism). Finally, others reject any transcendent origin for the world, but see it as merely the interplay of matter that has always existed (Materialism). All these attempts bear witness to the permanence and universality of the question of origins. This inquiry is distinctively human.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The Creator

And if you’re actually interested in God healing I recommend studying Isaiah 53

If you try to really stop and think about creation, the Universe and all....it REALLY IS mind boggling.....on a epic scale.

Even if you accept that there is a God, where did "God" come from?
If matter is neither created nor destroyed, where did matter originate?

As advanced as we believe we are.......we are vastly inadequate to answer those dilemmas.

god can't do either--this is obvious
like these idiots who thank god they survived a car/train/plain crash--but others died!!

kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

Many times the death is gift to stop what is coming next to a person. Just look at OV cancer many times it starts in the brain and changes the persons mental thinking and actions. You could end up in a mental care hosp out of your mind. God can a sometimes steps in and has it kill you before it does heavy damage. I saw what happens when it does not spread the person has pain that even heroin does not stop, so with it going fast into other organs make the victim die faster. It the way thing go some time.s

I'm sure God has heard all of these questions an observations before. They will surely be given the consideration they deserve.

You know, for someone who knows nothing about God you sure seem to have a lot of opinions of Him.

I see a lot of the damage belief in him does and that is what helps form my opinions.

Part of that damage seeing believers look at a genocidal piece of garbage God and somehow seeing him as good.

Regards
DL

kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

285 Since the beginning the Christian faith has been challenged by responses to the question of origins that differ from its own. Ancient religions and cultures produced many myths concerning origins. Some philosophers have said that everything is God, that the world is God, or that the development of the world is the development of God (Pantheism). Others have said that the world is a necessary emanation arising from God and returning to him. Still others have affirmed the existence of two eternal principles, Good and Evil, Light and Darkness, locked, in permanent conflict (Dualism, Manichaeism). According to some of these conceptions, the world (at least the physical world) is evil, the product of a fall, and is thus to be rejected or left behind (Gnosticism). Some admit that the world was made by God, but as by a watch-maker who, once he has made a watch, abandons it to itself (Deism). Finally, others reject any transcendent origin for the world, but see it as merely the interplay of matter that has always existed (Materialism). All these attempts bear witness to the permanence and universality of the question of origins. This inquiry is distinctively human.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - The Creator

You have the wrong information and have gone by what the inquisitors wrote to try to justify their murders.

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.

"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards

DL

If you try to really stop and think about creation, the Universe and all....it REALLY IS mind boggling.....on a epic scale.

Even if you accept that there is a God, where did "God" come from?
If matter is neither created nor destroyed, where did matter originate?

As advanced as we believe we are.......we are vastly inadequate to answer those dilemmas.

Correct, which is why I ignore them and speak of morals which we can understand, even if it is about an imaginary God that many believe in.

Care to opine on the O.P.?

Regards
DL

god can't do either--this is obvious
like these idiots who thank god they survived a car/train/plain crash--but others died!!

True. What are your thoughts on the morality shown for God in the bible?

Regards
DL

kill instead of cure.

What do you conclude?

Regards
DL

Many times the death is gift to stop what is coming next to a person. Just look at OV cancer many times it starts in the brain and changes the persons mental thinking and actions. You could end up in a mental care hosp out of your mind. God can a sometimes steps in and has it kill you before it does heavy damage. I saw what happens when it does not spread the person has pain that even heroin does not stop, so with it going fast into other organs make the victim die faster. It the way thing go some time.s

We are talking the mass murder of healthy people or sick one to God that he could cure instead of kill.

Try again.

Regards
DL

I'm sure God has heard all of these questions an observations before. They will surely be given the consideration they deserve.

Sure, to believers, but the question and answers tell us more about Christian morality, or lack of it seems, than of God.

You deflecting adds to the immoral verdict.

Regards
DL

I see a lot of the damage belief in him does and that is what helps form my opinions.

Part of that damage seeing believers look at a genocidal piece of garbage God and somehow seeing him as good.

Regards
DL

So your issue with God is that he Has Power over life and death

Forum List

Back