can anyone tell us what exactly obama accomplished on his overseas campaign?

i mean really....what exactly did obama accomplish with his overseas campaign last week? we know he bowed to a muslim king...gave the queen an ipod...

but what did he accomplish?

Yurt, I'm really surprised by this thread. You are an intelligent person, and I know that you probably know the answer to this. The answer is Yes, Obama did accomplish something over there. He made all the dems feel warm and fuzzy over here. :lol:

i mean really....what exactly did obama accomplish with his overseas campaign last week? we know he bowed to a muslim king...gave the queen an ipod...

he informed the world that america is no longer the leader of the free world......oh and the saudi king deserves a great deal of respect.....

What does any President accomplish when they go abroad?

Well GW went abroad and came back with two Constitutional Republics where there used to be tyrannys... and he pissed off European Leftists to BOOT!

Say what ya like, but when he went overseas, he came back with RESULTS!

It was a photo op, nothing more, grandstanding. All the deals are made in advance. Its the same in every administration, they negotiate all this stuff way before. What we saw was simply a bit of show. Obama knew the outcome otherwise he would not of gone. But to be fair thats how our leaders play the game.

He went over met the heads of state, showed his face to the public, patched up relations a bit, set the foundation for the future, stopped by Iraq to cheer the troops, and got a committment of a trillion for the IMF. What was he supposed to accomplish?

Well GW went abroad and came back with two Constitutional Republics where there used to be tyrannys... and he pissed off European Leftists to BOOT!

Yep. 40,000 American casualties, many times more Iraqi dead, a trillion in debt for a mistaken war.

Bush got things done, and fucked up.

We'd be much better off if he'd gotten nothing done.

Yep. 40,000 American casualties, many times more Iraqi dead, a trillion in debt for a mistaken war.

Bush got things done, and fucked up.

We'd be much better off if he'd gotten nothing done.

and obama's solution is to send 17,000 more to afganistan.....ask congress for another 80 billion dollars.....extend the pull out to 18 months.....change you can believe in....

He went over met the heads of state, showed his face to the public, patched up relations a bit, set the foundation for the future, stopped by Iraq to cheer the troops, and got a committment of a trillion for the IMF. What was he supposed to accomplish?

so he didn't get anything he wanted...

who did he patch things up with? the king of saudi? cheered the troops....ok, that is not an accomplishment....

obama alone asked for that trillion for developing countries?

at the G20...they hailed a "new world order"...great, bush I would be proud...

and your last question really says it all....he didn't accomplish anything that really helped america...he showed his face....he campaigned -- again

who did he patch things up with? the king of saudi? cheered the troops....ok, that is not an accomplishment....

and your last question really says it all....he didn't accomplish anything that really helped america...he showed his face....he campaigned -- again

Obama has and is accomplishing a great deal.

He has changed the entire world's opinion of America.

Why does this matter? Because we need the world to help us accomplish our goals. This is called leadership.

Why does this matter? Because we need the world to help us accomplish our goals. This is called leadership.

Yep.. He sure did change the world's opinion of America. He convinced the world that we're weak and that the Saudi King must be the leader of the free world. Nice work.

Yep.. He sure did change the world's opinion of America. He convinced the world that we're weak and that the Saudi King must be the leader of the free world. Nice work.

No one cares about that except whinny little Republicans.

Just like no one cared when Bush kissed and held hands with the Saudi King.

I am in spain, you know what they think of us now, they think we got a pompous ass for a leader. Read the british fried his speech and news conference, they said he was a bore, who stuttered Uh, UH, UH, over and over, they ripped him. I posted the article, its in the great orator thread, if you want to read it its a thread I started so it will be easy to find.

Like all people you can not stereotype them, british press said he was a bore and made fun of his speech. that he talked of himself too much.

My Brazilian friends go both ways, some good some bad.

Most seem to think he is just another politician. They are right, he is old school, same tired shit.

And what 'goals' do you refer to here?

I'm so surprised by the fact that you have ALL missed the most important accomplishment of all!

He got Michelle to be compared to Jackie O! He got her magazine cover after magazine cover!!!

And, at the same time, was able to use his own arrogance to be apologetic for American pride.

He did not accomplish anything but with his philosophies he is helping conservatives get control of the country. :clap2:

Keep it up BO!!!!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

really....

nato fails to give more troops obama wanted. the only country to offer any substantial help was britain, you know where obama gave a perfunct head nod to their queen, yet a full deep bow to a muslim king...yup, what an accomplishment...

so it seems you didn't give us one single positive accomplishment and no one else in this thread has either. all the "accomplishments" i see are negative for america. the lack of liberals posting in this thread is humorous. i would think the libs would be jumping all over this thread and touting their great leader's success and accomplishments.....but instead we get

silence of the dems

Last edited:
Obama was given far higher marks by the American media than the European media. While maintaining his celebrity status, his leadership status continues to falter.

That being said, it is what is reported in America that counts, and in that regard, the trip gave Obama some nice positively gushing accolades from our own media outlets. This was quickly followed up with equally gushing reports of the new family dog, more on Mrs. Obama's fashion sense, etc.

All the while though, Obama's poll numbers continue a slow but steady decline. This has to cause some concern within the administration - no American president has received such overwhelming support from the media while losing said support among the American people. One significant misstep and Obama could see his approval numbers go from a creeping decline to a severe drop. His popularity sits atop the ever changing and fickle sands of celebrity and white liberal guilt...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Forum List

Back