Calling All Beck Hate Bots!!!

Glad he's been rejected by his own party.

:cuckoo:

I think he's been rejected by the Masters.

People like him and Palin were useful tools for creating the TP shock troops, but now the Masters need to cool their jets a bit while they play the reasonable men game.

Face it the TP people and the Fundamentalist are NOT the same class as the MASTERS.

And those populists movements are okay when they can bring in votes from the radical right populists to the MASTERS elect, but when they threaten to take over the GOP?

Its time for the masters to reassert control over the narrative and Beck apparently won't play.

One would think from the OP and this thread that the GB show was ending in short order; he said at the end of the year, and then it appears he will make a logical transition to other programing on Fox.

I suspect that what he does next will not make the tools of the far left happy.

MSNBC booted their radical and I guess Fox has followed suit with their's

after his comments about donald trump, i'm figuring ailes and murdoch didn't trust him speaking during election season.

i wonder if beck's going to get his own network now.

Beck is still working for fox just doing documentaries and specials and working on their website.

No one has said why yet. I think it is this combination of 2 things, Ratings down and Beck wants to personally move in a different direction.

Beck is very one note. I lost interest after trying to watch his show a handful of times.

No loss, afaic.

I haven't really seen him as 'one note', but he is so technical and pulls in so much stuff to support the point he is making that it requires a lot of attention and focus to follow it. And many of us simply don't have an hour to spend in 'class' in the middle to late afternoon, and unless you do have the time to spend, Beck can come across as tedious. Since I usually don't have an hour to spare at that time, I don't watch all that often. I have watched enough to feel I can evaluate his style, content, and credibility.

But again his ratings are impressive, most especially for his time slot, so a lot of folks ARE taking the time to tune in.

I agree.

I've only caught his show a couple of times as his time slot was a pretty hectic time for me at home.

The times I have managed to catch him I found what he had to say pretty thought provoking. He always told viewers not to take his word for it. Research it yourself.

From what he says he'll still be with Fox but doing other things.

Will be interested to see what the "other things" will be.

Last edited:
Glad he's been rejected by his own party.

:cuckoo:

He decides not to renew his contract and now is somehow rejected by his own party? What party is his own exactly? The man attacks Republicans and Democrats all the time. He isn't trying to play the partisan game you have trapped yourself into.

You'd realize this if you ever spent 5 mins listening to what he is talking about.

If you think Glenn Beck is through, you're severely mistaken. God isn't done with him yet. Nor is our Republic.

Sigh...I guess he'll never restore honor to America or whatever that was he was babbling about after claiming he touched the constitution.

He's not retiring, he's leaving Fox. Dude has bigger fish to fry. :eek: Fear not, Ravs, (start Terminator voice) he'll be back. :lol:

He is going to go to NPR and that will be the end of its funding.

Ha! Good one! :lol:

Or.

Beck will go to NPR and funding will explode from the Far Right! Wouldn't that be ironic? :lol:

Beck is very one note. I lost interest after trying to watch his show a handful of times.

No loss, afaic.

I haven't really seen him as 'one note', but he is so technical and pulls in so much stuff to support the point he is making that it requires a lot of attention and focus to follow it. And many of us simply don't have an hour to spend in 'class' in the middle to late afternoon, and unless you do have the time to spend, Beck can come across as tedious. Since I usually don't have an hour to spare at that time, I don't watch all that often. I have watched enough to feel I can evaluate his style, content, and credibility.

But again his ratings are impressive, most especially for his time slot, so a lot of folks ARE taking the time to tune in.

I agree.

I've only caught his show a couple of times as his time slot was a pretty hectic time for me at home.

The times I have managed to catch him I found what he had to say pretty thought provoking. He always told viewers not to take his word for it. Research it yourself.

If you want to catch his show but don't have time at 5. You can find it at a number of sites online. I usually catch it here:

The Daily Beck- Watch The Glenn Beck Show- April 6, 2011: Beck and Fox Announce TV ‘Transition’

MSNBC booted their radical and I guess Fox has followed suit with their's

after his comments about donald trump, i'm figuring ailes and murdoch didn't trust him speaking during election season.

i wonder if beck's going to get his own network now.

Beck is still working for fox just doing documentaries and specials and working on their website.

No one has said why yet. I think it is this combination of 2 things, Ratings down and Beck wants to personally move in a different direction.

I don't think it has anything to do with what beck wants. i suspect it's more because over 300 sponsors dropped the show and the ratings tanked. I think this because when asked about the cancellation, roger ailes said he didn't care if people said beck quit or was canceled and that he was "happy with either story".

my own personal belief is that beck's conspiracy theories and insane babbling about caliphates where he essentially said every president was in cahoots (including the repub ones) and saying donald trump was basically too nuts even for him, made beck a loose cannon who was no longer getting the ratings or bringing in the bucks so was no longer worth the trouble.

This is what I don't get;

Even with a large loss of viewers, he's still ranked #1 in his time slot.
So why dump him?

anyway, rumor has it the Judge may take over his slot. I hope not, I think Stossel would be a much better choice.

So why dump him?

anyway, rumor has it the Judge may take over his slot. I hope not, I think Stossel would be a much better choice.

I like stossel, that guy is hillarious.

Did you see his show where he was begging on the street making more than minimum wage :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OQjlzh279E]YouTube - pt 1 John Stossel freeloaders 3-25-11[/ame]

I agree.

If you want to catch his show but don't have time at 5. You can find it at a number of sites online. I usually catch it here:

The Daily Beck- Watch The Glenn Beck Show- April 6, 2011: Beck and Fox Announce TV ‘Transition’

Thanks for the info.

So why dump him?

Did you see his show where he was begging on the street making more than minimum wage :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OQjlzh279E]YouTube - pt 1 John Stossel freeloaders 3-25-11[/ame]

He pulled in about $8/hr just sitting there with a sign "I just want a beer".

Imagine if he was an agressive begger?

see, he goes that extra mile and I think he would hammer the competition in any slot. Except I'Rielies slot. People would freak w/o their daily dose of Bill.

So why dump him?

I caught it. I love Stossel and his no nonsense approach to things.

He was great as a homeless man and he made money. Mayby we all should hit the streets?? These panhandlers make out pretty darned good.

Look at that woman who left her house every morning dressed like a street person and stood with her sign on a busy highway. Looks like she made out pretty well also. Tax free money.

Yep. We should all hit the streets. LOL

So why dump him?

He was great as a homeless man and he made money. Mayby we all should hit the streets?? These panhandlers make out pretty darned good.

Look at that woman who left her house every morning dressed like a street person and stood with her sign on a busy highway. Looks like she made out pretty well also. Tax free money.

One of our local radio guys did that too. He dressed up in a shabby disguise and staked out an intersection just off the interstate where the homeless guys set up shop. Within twenty minutes he had netted over $20.00 and within an hour had taken in over $80 (which was donated to a local homeless ministry.)

So it does make you wonder sometimes when you see the same guy on the same corner day after day. These guys may be making out like bandits. :)

But back on topic:

I think Stossel or the Judge would be good in Beck's slot but I don't think either one can pull the ratings that Beck pulls in that slot. And Laura Ingraham has subbed for O'Reilly so often lately, I wonder if they aren't testing her 'likeability' as well as possible Beck substitute. It would be nice to see a sharp gal get one of those major hosting spots though Beck's show was more often a college lecture class than a hosted show. Stossel and the Judge could probably do something similar. I don't think Ingraham would be as appealing in that format.

So why dump him?

it's not just the loss of viewers... it's the ad revenues.

plus ailes doesn't like/trust him.

So why dump him?

yeeaahh

I'm still not buying it.

the number 1 slot at any time will have a minimum value. I just can't see #2 bringing in the same amount.

On the bright side, Media Matters will go out of print. W/o Beck as their main source to demonize, they only have Bill to go after, and everyone loves Bill. :)

YouTube - pt 1 John Stossel freeloaders 3-25-11

One of our local radio guys did that too. He dressed up in a shabby disguise and staked out an intersection just off the interstate where the homeless guys set up shop. Within twenty minutes he had netted over $20.00 and within an hour had taken in over $80 (which was donated to a local homeless ministry.)

So it does make you wonder sometimes when you see the same guy on the same corner day after day. These guys may be making out like bandits. :)

But back on topic:

I think Stossel or the Judge would be good in Beck's slot but I don't think either one can pull the ratings that Beck pulls in that slot. And Laura Ingraham has subbed for O'Reilly so often lately, I wonder if they aren't testing her 'likeability' as well as possible Beck substitute. It would be nice to see a sharp gal get one of those major hosting spots though Beck's show was more often a college lecture class than a hosted show. Stossel and the Judge could probably do something similar. I don't think Ingraham would be as appealing in that format.

Laura? You think she has the range?

There is a very good chance that she gets a show to replace either the Judge or Stossel. but I don't think she has the name recognition, yet, to fill that slot.

hmm

Juan Williams?

So why dump him?

yeeaahh

I'm still not buying it.

the number 1 slot at any time will have a minimum value. I just can't see #2 bringing in the same amount.

On the bright side, Media Matters will go out of print. W/o Beck as their main source to demonize, they only have Bill to go after, and everyone loves Bill. :)

you can buy it or not. it is what it is, whether you like it or not.

i wouldn't worry about media matters.

but i do always wonder why the people on the right hate anything that calls them what they are. you (generic you, not you, personally) cheer the ugliest musings of the weakest minds on the right but can't stand discussion about anything even remotely negative about anyone on the right, no matter how evil, vile or stupid

Forum List

Back