Calling All Beck Hate Bots!!!

Sigh...I guess he'll never restore honor to America or whatever that was he was babbling about after claiming he touched the constitution.

He's not retiring, he's leaving Fox. Dude has bigger fish to fry. :eek: Fear not, Ravs, (start Terminator voice) he'll be back. :lol:

He isn't leaving Fox. He simply isn't doing his daily show there anymore. Fox and Him are working on other projects together.

"...Him..."?
Should this be in the Religion forum?

Has he confirmed that he can't confirm a confirmation that he is confirming his candidacy for President?

I had no problems with Beck when he was CNN. I watched him almost every night.
Then he went to Fox News and appealed to their audience. There is a vast difference between CNN's audience (mostly moderates and independents) than Fox's audience (far righties), so Beck had to get weirder to appeal to the Fox News crowd. It took awhile but the weirder he got the less I watched him.

Glenn Beck to End Daily Fox News Program - NYTimes.com

4:45 p.m. | Updated | Glenn Beck will end his daily Fox News Channel program later this year.

His departure was jointly announced in a statement on Wednesday by Fox and Mr. Beck’s company, Mercury Radio Arts.

Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, which have clashed over the making of “Glenn Beck,” will “work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties,” the companies said in the statement.

I'm sure there will be some on USMB who will be disappointed by this, I am not one of those people.

Then he went to Fox News and appealed to their audience. There is a vast difference between CNN's audience (mostly moderates and independents) than Fox's audience (far righties), so Beck had to get weirder to appeal to the Fox News crowd. It took awhile but the weirder he got the less I watched him.

At CNN, with the restrictions CNN put on him, his ratings were in the toilet with everybody else. When he came to Fox, he was allowed to do the show he wanted to do, and his ratings eclipsed EVERYBODY else at CNN and MSNBC and HLN combined in his time slot and he beat everybody else at those networks in whatever time slots.

He didn't get 'wierd' to accommodate a Fox audience. A Fox audience doesn't tolerate 'wierd' very well nor does it tolerate cherry picked information from any ideology very well. They do appreciate good research and information you can't get anywhere ele. Fox provides that and Beck provided it in spades.

Beck never suggested anybody ought to believe anything just because he said it though. He points people to the same sources he used to develop his thesis for every program and encouraged them check it out themselves and draw their own conclusions.

He would not have been allowed to do that at CNN.

Last edited:

At CNN, with the restrictions CNN put on him, his ratings were in the toilet with everybody else. When he came to Fox, he was allowed to do the show he wanted to do, and his ratings eclipsed EVERYBODY else at CNN and MSNBC and HLN combined in his time slot and he beat everybody else at those networks in whatever time slots.

He didn't get 'wierd' to accommodate a Fox audience. A Fox audience doesn't tolerate 'wierd' very well nor does it tolerate cherry picked information from any ideology very well. They do appreciate good research and information you can't get anywhere ele. Fox provides that and Beck provided it in spades.

Beck never suggested anybody ought to believe anything just because he said it though. He points people to the same sources he used to develop his thesis for every program and encouraged them check it out themselves and draw their own conclusions.

:clap2: Good post Foxfyre. Beck's health ( "may go blind within a year" ) and stress levels may have contributed to the demise of his program as well. He will have much less stress in his upcoming spots on Fox, and I look forward to watching them. I think he is a great American who has brought us news and information relative to events before they happened and has shared much of his research with his colleagues which they have used. I think he wants to spend some time just enjoying his life and his family, that he treasures. He knows the true meaning of happiness, for himself. "Beware the barrenness of a busy life"

Last edited:

:clap2: Good post Foxfyre. Beck's health ( "may go blind within a year" ) and stress levels may have contributed to the demise of his program as well. He will have much less stress in his uncoming spots on Fox, and I look forward to watching them. I think he is a great American who has brought us news and information relative to events before they happened and has shared much of his research with his colleagues which they have used. I think he wants to spend some time just enjoying his life and his family, that he treasures. He knows the true meaning of happiness, for himself. "Beware the barrenness of a busy life"

going blind? I thought with his morales that wouldn't happen. Is there anything wrong with his right or left hand too?

I always considered Beck the canary in the mine. He seems WAAAAYYY out there until you let 5-6 months pass

Wasn't he called a conspiracy theorist because he said the protests would spread in the M.E.????

Beck may be a radical if courage and willingness to thoroughly explore controversial and provocative themes is your definition of radical, but I can assure you that Fox didn't boot him. Not with his ratings. His depature is his idea and nobody else's.

He got those ratings in an impossible timeslot with the rerun at an equally impossible midnight. Had they run him in prime time, I would expect his ratings
would beat O'Reilly and Hannity. The rumor is that he never got a prime time slot because he never committed to more than one year's contract at a time and they always knew he wouldn't choose to be a permanent fixture at Fox. So they didn't want to offend their other popular personalities, O'Relly, Hannity, Van Sustern.

I didn't watch his program often, but when I had time to do that, he never failed to inform as well as entertain and was far less annoying than the fast paced and more chaotic O'Reilly Factor and Hannity. But my best to Beck in whatever career choices he makes. He certainly has accumulated wealth to the point he can afford to take whatever risks to call his own shots now.
Psst..He lost over a million fox idiot fans since last year and sponsors are RUNNING from him.

oh yeah, it was HIS idea.

Oh dear god you are funny.

Beck may be a radical if courage and willingness to thoroughly explore controversial and provocative themes is your definition of radical, but I can assure you that Fox didn't boot him. Not with his ratings. His depature is his idea and nobody else's.

He got those ratings in an impossible timeslot with the rerun at an equally impossible midnight. Had they run him in prime time, I would expect his ratings
would beat O'Reilly and Hannity. The rumor is that he never got a prime time slot because he never committed to more than one year's contract at a time and they always knew he wouldn't choose to be a permanent fixture at Fox. So they didn't want to offend their other popular personalities, O'Relly, Hannity, Van Sustern.

I didn't watch his program often, but when I had time to do that, he never failed to inform as well as entertain and was far less annoying than the fast paced and more chaotic O'Reilly Factor and Hannity. But my best to Beck in whatever career choices he makes. He certainly has accumulated wealth to the point he can afford to take whatever risks to call his own shots now.
Psst..He lost over a million fox idiot fans since last year and sponsors are RUNNING from him.

oh yeah, it was HIS idea.

Oh dear god you are funny.
How anyone can praise Beck, gets me. The man is a pig.

:clap2: Good post Foxfyre. Beck's health ( "may go blind within a year" ) and stress levels may have contributed to the demise of his program as well. He will have much less stress in his upcoming spots on Fox, and I look forward to watching them. I think he is a great American who has brought us news and information relative to events before they happened and has shared much of his research with his colleagues which they have used. I think he wants to spend some time just enjoying his life and his family, that he treasures. He knows the true meaning of happiness, for himself. "Beware the barrenness of a busy life"

I hadn't put that into the equation, but I bet you're right that his chronic eye problem is a factor in this. It would be a scary thing to know you were going blind, and you would need to spend some serious time getting ready for that if you had sufficient warning to get ready. And I think too he probably figured he had put out the message he wanted to get out and he just wants something different to focus on now. Creative people are often like that.

I don't hate Mr. Beck. I just find him a bit... distant from reality. O'Reilly isn't a bad guy though. Albeit, I disagree with him most of the time, but I think he's certainly better than Beck, Hannity, and the hosts of Fox and Friends.

Forum List

Back