Calling All Beck Hate Bots!!!

He's going to be the anti-Dr. Phil. Each week a psychologist or psychiatrist will interview Mr. Beck and at the end of the episode offer a diagnosis. The final show will allow the audience to vote on which of the clinical assessments best describes Mr. Beck, standard text rates will apply.

I had no problems with Beck when he was CNN. I watched him almost every night.
Then he went to Fox News and appealed to their audience. There is a vast difference between CNN's audience (mostly moderates and independents) than Fox's audience (far righties), so Beck had to get weirder to appeal to the Fox News crowd. It took awhile but the weirder he got the less I watched him.

At CNN, with the restrictions CNN put on him, his ratings were in the toilet with everybody else. When he came to Fox, he was allowed to do the show he wanted to do, and his ratings eclipsed EVERYBODY else at CNN and MSNBC and HLN combined in his time slot and he beat everybody else at those networks in whatever time slots.

He didn't get 'weird' to accommodate a Fox audience. A Fox audience doesn't tolerate 'weird' very well nor does it tolerate cherry picked information from any ideology very well. They do appreciate good research and information you can't get anywhere ele. Fox provides that and Beck provided it in spades.

Beck never suggested anybody ought to believe anything just because he said it though. He points people to the same sources he used to develop his thesis for every program and encouraged them check it out themselves and draw their own conclusions.

He would not have been allowed to do that at CNN.

Maybe to an ideologue, who certainly leans very right Beck didn't get weird, but to an average moderate/independent who isn't an ideologue of any sort, he certainly got weird,,really weird.
Let me explain something, I don't hate the guy and respect the fact that he overcame his addiction.
BUT, he did his job to rile-up the loyal Fox News viewers. Trouble is he obviously crossed the line and he did it intentionally. His loyal audience doesn't think Beck crossed any line even though (as reported) the Fox upper management thought so. Now what does THAT tell you about Beck's loyal audience?
I contend that people who watch the crap on Fox News and MSNBC are killing brain cells anyway.
Also high ratings don't indicate quality. Here's an example. The Enquirer has a larger readership than the Washington Post, a grocery store tabloid has higher readership than one of the best newpapers in the country. Again, quanity has nothing to do at all with quality.

Last edited:
Sigh...I guess he'll never restore honor to America or whatever that was he was babbling about after claiming he touched the constitution.

:lol: He promised to bite the bullet and not tell a lie for a whole 40 days and 40 nights!

How anyone can praise Beck, gets me. The man is a pig.

You say that only because you clearly don't know him.

I guess the million or so fans who left him over the year didnt know him either?

Or they merely learned that they could find his show comercial free online everyday where they could watch whenever they chose to.

the man is not a big. He is an incredibly compassionate and sincere person. He means what he says and says what he means. Which is the reason so many people don't like him. You can't deal with people who are geniune and know what they are talking about. You can't deal with people who know how to do research and back up their points.

The man has come a long way and is a living testament that people can be redeemed and born again.

You say that only because you clearly don't know him.

I guess the million or so fans who left him over the year didnt know him either?

Or they merely learned that they could find his show comercial free online everyday where they could watch whenever they chose to.

the man is not a big. He is an incredibly compassionate and sincere person. He means what he says and says what he means. Which is the reason so many people don't like him. You can't deal with people who are geniune and know what they are talking about. You can't deal with people who know how to do research and back up their points.

The man has come a long way and is a living testament that people can be redeemed and born again.

This is why he lost a million viewers? Because they were waiting for him to not get picked up again and then follow him on line?

Oh my god.

MSNBC booted their radical and I guess Fox has followed suit with their's

after his comments about donald trump, i'm figuring ailes and murdoch didn't trust him speaking during election season.

i wonder if beck's going to get his own network now.

Bingo.

I suspect that this purveyor of the right wing's Kool-Aide started sampling his own wares and worse, he developed a taste for brewing up his own version of the stuff. (this indicates that he actually believe the stuff he says, incidently)

He is, therefore, no longer a useful tool.

He has become a loose cannon on the Good Ship Corporate Propaganda, one that its masters can no longer count on to stay on THEIR message.

So he's walking the plank.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back