CNBC AMERICAN GREED 266
HLN DR. DREW 316

10PM
FNC ON THE RECORD W/GRETA 2,033
CNN ANDERSON COOPER 360
MSNBC ED SHOW 1,068
CNBC AMERICAN GREED 293
HLN JOY BEHAR 345
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/07/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-april-6-2011/88659

Because it was his decision.

Of course, the left has no problem pretending he's lost 300 sponsors that never sponsored the show to begin with.

Did Fox, the network that his show aired on, lose sponsors because of Glen Beck? Yes or no. Spare me the silly little snarky "somehow it's the left's fault" comment. Just answer that one little question.

Again, on any other occasion you people would be screaming about the property rights of the company that decided to drop a commentator.

I've seen no evidence that they did. I doubt that any of Fox's regular programming is 'sponsored'. Advertisers buy advertising to be aired within a certain time frame and they pay premium rates to get premium air time. But some actually choose the daytime slots because they're cheaper and on the theory their targeted demographics will be likely watching then.

The producers/programmers assign the ads where they would best fit which could be anywhere within a three-hour time frame.

Some advertisers, when they found out their ads had been aired during Beck's show, requested they be moved to news programs because they did not want to be associated with ANY political programming. I'm sure some specifcally didn't want to be associated with Beck but I am unaware of any who put it that way.

But no, I doubt Fox lost any advertisers and if they did, there are plenty lined up to take any slots that come open. You don't have ratings like Fox gets without attracting lots of advertisers.

Buying airtime on Fox News and requesting that their ads not be aired during any political programming seems........odd.

Odd if you assume that all Fox News is does is partisan hackery. If you believe they actually do objective news....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....sorry I couldnt finish that sentence.

No Beck on TV? Oh no!

Where will I get my daily dose of anti-semitic, anti-Muslim crazy talk? I guess I can listen to Mike Weiner or Alex Jones. I see that the "Color of Change" advertising boycott worked. Maybe Beck will spend some time reading up on his hero, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

No Beck on TV? Oh no!

Where will I get my daily dose of anti-semitic, anti-Muslim crazy talk? I guess I can listen to Mike Weiner or Alex Jones. I see that the "Color of Change" advertising boycott worked. Maybe Beck will spend some time reading up on his hero, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
It's pretty obvious from your post that you don't watch GB

Did Fox, the network that his show aired on, lose sponsors because of Glen Beck? Yes or no. Spare me the silly little snarky "somehow it's the left's fault" comment. Just answer that one little question.

Again, on any other occasion you people would be screaming about the property rights of the company that decided to drop a commentator.

I've seen no evidence that they did. I doubt that any of Fox's regular programming is 'sponsored'. Advertisers buy advertising to be aired within a certain time frame and they pay premium rates to get premium air time. But some actually choose the daytime slots because they're cheaper and on the theory their targeted demographics will be likely watching then.

The producers/programmers assign the ads where they would best fit which could be anywhere within a three-hour time frame.

Some advertisers, when they found out their ads had been aired during Beck's show, requested they be moved to news programs because they did not want to be associated with ANY political programming. I'm sure some specifcally didn't want to be associated with Beck but I am unaware of any who put it that way.

But no, I doubt Fox lost any advertisers and if they did, there are plenty lined up to take any slots that come open. You don't have ratings like Fox gets without attracting lots of advertisers.

Buying airtime on Fox News and requesting that their ads not be aired during any political programming seems........odd.

Not odd at all since the largest blocks of time on Fox News is straight news rather than the featured commentary shows that do generally include a discernable bias. When I was working in the industry, it was not unusual for an advertiser to request that the ad not be run during the X segment or whatever. It is true of radio too. If you listen to the ads on Ingraham, Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Levin, Medville et al, they will be of a very different type than what will be run during a news segment or general information program. This will almost always be at the request of the advertisers.

No Beck on TV? Oh no!

It's pretty obvious from your post that you don't watch GB

I watched it 5 days a week for the entire month of March. I was home after surgery. It was funnier than watching the Andy Griffith Show. I like how Beck has a studio audience of 9/12ers and acts shocked that they agree with his premises.

People who are fired, usually don't continue working for them for the rest of the year.

Interesting thing, I was just listening to Glenn about his plans and when he does transition off of Fox, he is still planning to "meet with America" every day on his website until he is ready for the next stage.

It should be interesting to see what he is up to. But I can tell you this, it sure as heck doesn't sound like he had no choice in this. Nor is he going to stop talking considering he has been hiring people like crazy lately.

He's going to be louder than ever when all this is said and done.

Roger Ailes - Glenn Beck - Quit Or Fired - Happy Either Way | Mediaite

Roger Ailes Says He ‘Doesn’t Care’ If Reports Claim Glenn Beck Was Fired Or Quit? He lost a million viewers and they couldnt sell snow to an alaskan when his show was on. He is a fucking nut and finally, even fox had enough. We knew he was a clown two years ago, finally your side is catching up.

Stop making yourself look like a fool. Its embarrassing.

Last edited:
Did he cry yet?????

Why would he cry over his own decision??

As usual, you are not reading between the lines, looking at the facts, and then deciding what REALLY transpired here. Try it. This article expresses it best:

Glenn Beck and Fox News are portraying this as an amicable separation with sloppy wet kisses abounding, but a television network doesn’t hack off a healthy limb for no reason. Nor does an egomaniacal wannabe Messiah abandon a broadcast perch with national reach voluntarily. We may never know the details of this severance, but we can be certain that it was not as lovey-dovey as the parties are pretending.

We know that Beck’s audience has been eroding rapidly. The past quarter showed more than a third of his viewers skipped out. What’s more, when he has been on vacation his numbers barely budged, proving that he was not a particularly indispensable component of his own show. He has the distinction of having driven away more than 300 advertisers who refuse to have their products and services associated with his hostile, hateful rhetoric.

From Fox’s perspective, they could air traffic at a Roach Motel and make more money if just half of the prodigal advertisers return. (Plus, the Roach Motel Hour would provide more intelligent content and attract a smarter audience). Fox may also have an incentive to distance themselves from the more extreme meanderings of Beck’s perverse imagination as the 2012 election cycle ramps up. More and more conservative politicians, pundits, and planners have become fearful that Beck’s derangement is scaring voters away.

News Corpse » Glenn Beck:

The decision to leave was not Beck's decision. He was not given a choice.

Posted this in another thread.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m692Tqbnbxo]YouTube - SHOCKING VIDEO Glenn Beck Uses Vicks To Cry On Cue[/ame]

Elmer Gantry lives!

Not odd at all since the largest blocks of time on Fox News is straight news rather than the featured commentary shows that do generally include a discernable bias. When I was working in the industry, it was not unusual for an advertiser to request that the ad not be run during the X segment or whatever. It is true of radio too. If you listen to the ads on Ingraham, Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Levin, Medville et al, they will be of a very different type than what will be run during a news segment or general information program. This will almost always be at the request of the advertisers.

I worked in advertising for 20 years too, and I agree about advertisers requesting that they be kept out of specific programming. My observation was more related to your first sentence. It's been a long time since I watched Fox for any length of time but, as I recall, news runs between 6 and 7, and all the other prime time slots (let's say between 5 and 11 - I know that's not a true definition of prime) are commentary shows. I could be wrong.

Im glad he decided not to renew his contract with Fox.... they suck as a news agency and he will do tremendously better without them to hold him back.

Sucks for you Fuckers... now all you have to do is whine about Hannity and Oreilly :(

um....that was the point. it was for a photo shoot. ...haha.

There is nothing funnier than Beck supporters. NOTHING.

There is nothing more pathetic than you God damned fucks either.

You are all dishonest lying sacks of shit.
TRUE STORY!

I have a deep seated hatred for Beck fans it seems. :eusa_whistle: Oh and see my sig pic. Was he at a "photo shoot" there as well? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

There is nothing funnier than Beck supporters. NOTHING.

There is nothing more pathetic than you God damned fucks either.

You are all dishonest lying sacks of shit.
TRUE STORY!

I have a deep seated hatred for Beck fans it seems. :eusa_whistle: Oh and see my sig pic. Was he at a "photo shoot" there as well? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You dumbass... look at your stupid avatar a little closer fucktard.

Its the same picture from the same PHOTOSHOOT!

Damn, you are more retarded than I originally thought, and I didnt know that was possible :eek:

0:36 seconds to be exact!
What an ass you are....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back