Calling All Beck Hate Bots!!!

I caught it. I love Stossel and his no nonsense approach to things.

He was great as a homeless man and he made money. Mayby we all should hit the streets?? These panhandlers make out pretty darned good.

Look at that woman who left her house every morning dressed like a street person and stood with her sign on a busy highway. Looks like she made out pretty well also. Tax free money.

Yep. We should all hit the streets. LOL

One of our local radio guys did that too. He dressed up in a shabby disguise and staked out an intersection just off the interstate where the homeless guys set up shop. Within twenty minutes he had netted over $20.00 and within an hour had taken in over $80 (which was donated to a local homeless ministry.)

So it does make you wonder sometimes when you see the same guy on the same corner day after day. These guys may be making out like bandits. :)

But back on topic:

I think Stossel or the Judge would be good in Beck's slot but I don't think either one can pull the ratings that Beck pulls in that slot. And Laura Ingraham has subbed for O'Reilly so often lately, I wonder if they aren't testing her 'likeability' as well as possible Beck substitute. It would be nice to see a sharp gal get one of those major hosting spots though Beck's show was more often a college lecture class than a hosted show. Stossel and the Judge could probably do something similar. I don't think Ingraham would be as appealing in that format.

Laura? You think she has the range?

There is a very good chance that she gets a show to replace either the Judge or Stossel. but I don't think she has the name recognition, yet, to fill that slot.

hmm

Juan Williams?

No, not Juan. He is smart enough and good enough but simply not likeable enough. He lacks the 'star factor' that the host of a successful show has to have. And though Laura is smart enough, more qualified than most, and does great research for everything she does, I just can't see her doing a format like Beck's program. She works much better bouncing ideas and concepts off of other people.

I REALLY REALLY want them to keep it an educational program rather than just another program of a lot of noise of people shouting opinions at each other.

To rebut Jillian, I was just reading up. I think she's wrong that Ailes doesn't like/trust Beck, but there is considerable opinion to support her comment that the advertising revenues continue to be a problem. Beck is controversial and says stuff nobody else would say, and that probably is too provocative for many advertisers.

Still, Beck's tremendous ratings, though less than last year as almost everybody's is, are still the third best in the business and he dragged a lot of viewers into the next hour with Bret Baier who is not controversial. AND I was reading that Napolitano didn't lose ratings when he has subbed for Beck on occasion so he is a good bet to be Beck's replacement. Stossel and Megyn Kelly are the only other two I'm seeing being seriously considered though and I would prefer Napolitano in that slot rather than them.

Last edited:
This is what I don't get;

Even with a large loss of viewers, he's still ranked #1 in his time slot.
So why dump him?

anyway, rumor has it the Judge may take over his slot. I hope not, I think Stossel would be a much better choice.

it's not just the loss of viewers... it's the ad revenues.

plus ailes doesn't like/trust him.

Oh I forgot to mention that if they put judge N. in becks spot the ratings will drop more.

I like the Judge's values and positions but he is only bearable in short doses.

One of our local radio guys did that too. He dressed up in a shabby disguise and staked out an intersection just off the interstate where the homeless guys set up shop. Within twenty minutes he had netted over $20.00 and within an hour had taken in over $80 (which was donated to a local homeless ministry.)

So it does make you wonder sometimes when you see the same guy on the same corner day after day. These guys may be making out like bandits. :)

But back on topic:

I think Stossel or the Judge would be good in Beck's slot but I don't think either one can pull the ratings that Beck pulls in that slot. And Laura Ingraham has subbed for O'Reilly so often lately, I wonder if they aren't testing her 'likeability' as well as possible Beck substitute. It would be nice to see a sharp gal get one of those major hosting spots though Beck's show was more often a college lecture class than a hosted show. Stossel and the Judge could probably do something similar. I don't think Ingraham would be as appealing in that format.

Laura? You think she has the range?

There is a very good chance that she gets a show to replace either the Judge or Stossel. but I don't think she has the name recognition, yet, to fill that slot.

hmm

Juan Williams?

No, not Juan. He is smart enough and good enough but simply not likeable enough. He lacks the 'star factor' that the host of a successful show has to have. And though Laura is smart enough, more qualified than most, and does great research for everything she does, I just can't see her doing a format like Beck's program. She works much better bouncing ideas and concepts off of other people.

I REALLY REALLY want them to keep it an educational program rather than just another program of a lot of noise of people shouting opinions at each other.

To rebut Jillian, I was just reading up. I think she's wrong that Ailes doesn't like/trust Beck, but there is considerable opinion to support her comment that the advertising revenues continue to be a problem. Beck is controversial and says stuff nobody else would say, and that probably is too provocative for many advertisers.

Still, Beck's tremendous ratings, though less than last year as almost everybody's is, are still the third best in the business and he dragged a lot of viewers into the next hour with Bret Baier who is not controversial. AND I was reading that Napolitano didn't lose ratings when he has subbed for Beck on occasion so he is a good bet to be Beck's replacement. Stossel and Megyn Kelly are the only other two I'm seeing being seriously considered though and I would prefer Napolitano in that slot rather than them.

When I say Juan Williams name I say it like this

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaan Williams" because he always sounds whiney. :lol:

yeeaahh

I'm still not buying it.

the number 1 slot at any time will have a minimum value. I just can't see #2 bringing in the same amount.

On the bright side, Media Matters will go out of print. W/o Beck as their main source to demonize, they only have Bill to go after, and everyone loves Bill. :)

you can buy it or not. it is what it is, whether you like it or not.

i wouldn't worry about media matters.

but i do always wonder why the people on the right hate anything that calls them what they are. you (generic you, not you, personally) cheer the ugliest musings of the weakest minds on the right but can't stand discussion about anything even remotely negative about anyone on the right, no matter how evil, vile or stupid

OUCH!!

You hurt my generic feelings. :(

Off hand, most people love a good banter. As long as it's based on facts. Calling Beck, etc, etc, a liar, when he's not lying, just has a different point of view, gets very old very quickly.

take the birffer crap. Obama did not show his BC, and technically has not. But birfers are lying cuz there's no proof he was born somewhere else. but in thier opinion, they are right and obama is not a citizen.

Every time someone has said Beck lied that is put to the task of proving it has been made a fool.

~~~~`

He's probably out for his over the top fashion more than anything else.

So why dump him?

anyway, rumor has it the Judge may take over his slot. I hope not, I think Stossel would be a much better choice.

Oh I forgot to mention that if they put judge N. in becks spot the ratings will drop more.

I can't think of anybody they could put in that slot who will pull Beck's ratings. People who watch Beck aren't looking for 'fluff' and unless they get the same caliber of program, they aren't going to tune in with anywhere near the numbers Beck pulls.

BUT....having said that....I agree Napolitano isn't Beck, but he CAN do the same educational kind of show, and the ratings haven't suffered when he has subbed for Beck. So I can see why he would be one being considered. . . .

So why dump him?

Same with Beck; small doses.

Man-o-man I hope it's Stossel!

but Juan would be good. I'm telling you guys, the ratings would go over the top with him.

I can't think of anybody they could put in that slot who will pull Beck's ratings. People who watch Beck aren't looking for 'fluff' and unless they get the same caliber of program, they aren't going to tune in with anywhere near the numbers Beck pulls.

BUT....having said that....I agree Napolitano isn't Beck, but he CAN do the same educational kind of show, and the ratings haven't suffered when he has subbed for Beck. So I can see why he would be one being considered. . . .

He could do it better than Beck probably. I mean with less detractors by better.

Honestly I dont hate beck but I can't watch him either, his radio show is ok but his TV show just drives me bonkers.

Beck is no Buckley. End of story.

Why is it even worth talking shit to liberals when this is the decision of FOX? Beck made his own bed and then set it on fire with his torch and pitchfork style. I don't pity him and I don't give a shit if he goes on to become some kind of internet messiah of the uber right wing.

Again, why talk shit to liberals when, on any other occasion, conservatives would insist that this decision is merely the prerogative of a private business that didn't want to remain in the same room with the guy screaming ****** at a motown revival concert?

Why is it even worth talking shit to liberals when this is the decision of FOX? Beck made his own bed and then set it on fire with his torch and pitchfork style. I don't pity him and I don't give a shit if he goes on to become some kind of internet messiah of the uber right wing.

Again, why talk shit to liberals when, on any other occasion, conservatives would insist that this decision is merely the prerogative of a private business that didn't want to remain in the same room with the guy screaming ****** at a motown revival concert?

Who are you talking to, the OP?

Your comments dont fit the last few pages of discussion which is why I ask, its very out of place where this thread is at now.

Your comments dont fit the last few pages of discussion which is why I ask, its very out of place where this thread is at now.

I didn't read a good answer since the OP as to why this is dogshit on liberals' shoes. Granted, I'm not adding to a discussion about who to fill the vacant position, as I have no dog in the race, but I'd love to know the answer to my question.

I didn't read a good answer since the OP as to why this is dogshit on liberals' shoes. Granted, I'm not adding to a discussion about who to fill the vacant position, as I have no dog in the race, but I'd love to know the answer to my question.

I'm not the OP but I'll give it a shot.

Many liberals go out of their way to talk negatively about beck therefore the guy who made this thread was trying to pre-empt the "glory be Beck is leaving" threads that he assumed were going to start popping up about his show ending.

I think the guy who made the thread was just making fun of those people here with BDS and I mean Beck Derangement Syndrome not Bush :lol:

So why dump him?

Because it was his decision.

Of course, the left has no problem pretending he's lost 300 sponsors that never sponsored the show to begin with.

I'm not the OP but I'll give it a shot.

Many liberals go out of their way to talk negatively about beck therefore the guy who made this thread was trying to pre-empt the "glory be Beck is leaving" threads that he assumed were going to start popping up about his show ending.

I think the guy who made the thread was just making fun of those people here with BDS and I mean Beck Derangement Syndrome not Bush :lol:

Beck's leaving validates their criticism though. Enough that even FOX jumped on the bandwagon, yes? Again, this has nothing to do with liberals. THIS has everything to do with Beck proving to be what the right, and the OP, were told he was from the beginning.

So why dump him?

Of course, the left has no problem pretending he's lost 300 sponsors that never sponsored the show to begin with.

Did Fox, the network that his show aired on, lose sponsors because of Glen Beck? Yes or no. Spare me the silly little snarky "somehow it's the left's fault" comment. Just answer that one little question.

Again, on any other occasion you people would be screaming about the property rights of the company that decided to drop a commentator.

So why dump him?

Did Fox, the network that his show aired on, lose sponsors because of Glen Beck? Yes or no. Spare me the silly little snarky "somehow it's the left's fault" comment. Just answer that one little question.

Again, on any other occasion you people would be screaming about the property rights of the company that decided to drop a commentator.

Ive seen no evidence that they've lost any sponsors whatsoever.

I've seen people claim that businesses that never sponsored the show or network "stopped" but as they never sponsored to begin with, I know those were lies.

Forum List

Back