California surfer uses food stamps to buy sushi and avoid work

Why bother getting a job when you can jam out, surf and enjoy sushi with your bros, thanks to government food stamps?

[WATCH] California surfer uses food stamps to buy sushi and avoid work

Here's what I don't get about the typical conservatives viewpoint:

I totally agree the welfare state is bullshit. But as long as we're being forced to pay into it, we should take advantage of it as much as we can. I certainly don't begrudge the surfer who's figured out how to make it work for him.

here's the problem, the people taking the most advantage of it, never pay into it.

Why bother getting a job when you can jam out, surf and enjoy sushi with your bros, thanks to government food stamps?

I totally agree the welfare state is bullshit. But as long as we're being forced to pay into it, we should take advantage of it as much as we can. I certainly don't begrudge the surfer who's figured out how to make it work for him.

here's the problem, the people taking the most advantage of it, never pay into it.

Not necessarily. In any case, that's the problem with the program. It needs to be changed. Wagging your finger at people taking advantage of dumb rules is, well, dumb.

Someone has removed shame?!??!

The stigma attached to not being able to support yourself or your family anymore has been reduced to a shell of its former self. This attitude is evident from the left every time fiscal conservatives try to reign in the costs of welfare, or try to reduce the amount of fraud that takes place.

Who did it? Who removed Shame? I bet it was those liberals taking away things like Scarlet Letters and public shunning wasn't it? Those liberals are behind it all :eusa_shifty:

When money is deposited in your EBT account the only person who knows you're a bum is the cashier at the store.
I say make em get on the bus and go to a central distribution center. Shits way to easy ...

The stigma attached to not being able to support yourself or your family anymore has been reduced to a shell of its former self. This attitude is evident from the left every time fiscal conservatives try to reign in the costs of welfare, or try to reduce the amount of fraud that takes place.

Who did it? Who removed Shame? I bet it was those liberals taking away things like Scarlet Letters and public shunning wasn't it? Those liberals are behind it all :eusa_shifty:

When money is deposited in your EBT account the only person who knows you're a bum is the cashier at the store.
I say make em get on the bus and go to a central distribution center. Shits way to easy ...

Hehe.. more conservative silliness. Should they were a scarlet letter or something as well? Maybe they should be required to avert their eyes whenever they meet an upstanding taxpayer on the street.

No.. fuck that. The statists create these programs deliberately to control people. The more we can abuse them the better.

Not sure if serious......
If so you're a complete moron with zero integrity.

Not necessarily. In any case, that's the problem with the program. It needs to be changed. Wagging your finger at people taking advantage of dumb rules is, well, dumb.

oh absolutely. don't buy into this shit they are trying to hand you that SS, Medicare and unemployment are entitlements. that is money you pay in with the intent of getting back upon retirement. in the case of the first tow anyway. Unemployment is more like a term insurance policy you pay into incase you ever need it. welfare, foodstamps, obamaphones, now obamacare, and all the other handouts are used primarily by a group that has never paid into them.

bingo, the conservative perspective is, it needs to be changed

Hehe.. more conservative silliness. Should they were a scarlet letter or something as well? Maybe they should be required to avert their eyes whenever they meet an upstanding taxpayer on the street.

No.. fuck that. The statists create these programs deliberately to control people. The more we can abuse them the better.

Whatever it takes. Personally I would never stoop to the level some of these people do unless I was dying.

Oh yeah, he's living high on

TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH.

Not to mention that he can spend that money any way he wants. Its none of your business.

Do any of you brain-dead haters ever THINK before you post?

It is our money and not our business?

Oh yeah, he's living high on

TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH.

Not to mention that he can spend that money any way he wants. Its none of your business.

Do any of you brain-dead haters ever THINK before you post?

Hey dumbfuck!! If he is physically able to work he shouldnt be taking a free ride off the rest of us.

This surfer actually had a job. He was working in a recording studio. But he decided to be a star himself and quit to take public benefits until his big break came along.

This surfer actually had a job. He was working in a recording studio. But he decided to be a star himself and quit to take public benefits until his big break came along.

So, he had actually paid into the system. Seems fair that he should be able to utilize it.

So, he had actually paid into the system. Seems fair that he should be able to utilize it.

The system is broke.
"I paid into it" and "I have insurance and may as well use it" when Johnny has the sniffles is what has us in bankruptcy now.
The system has more than doubled in cost over the last 5 years.
Fuck him, let him starve.
But he wouldn't. There is free food handed out at a church a mile down the road from where he lives.
But you support him eating sushi with my money.

Forum List

Back