California screwed.....

The california bail out will bring down the country.
I say give it to mexico. See if they can afford that shit hole.

What is it with you people and "Bringing down the country"? You morons squeel that montra so often that it has lost all meaning. I would be willing to bet that a serious search would find at least a hundred references to this or that "gonna bring down the country" over the last ten years. All of it from you fundi fuckwits. If there was even a sliver of truth to all your screechy warnings our country would be rubble fom sea to shining sea.

I decided CA was screwed back in the mid 70's when a company offered to double my salary to move there. I checked it out and figured that they would have to triple it at least for me to break even.

I decided CA was screwed back in the mid 70's when a company offered to double my salary to move there. I checked it out and figured that they would have to triple it at least for me to break even.

well my last employer had other offices/manuf. etc. in other states, to entice people here they moved them lock stock and barrel at co. expense with housing allowances and gave them an override of 12% after tax added to their pay...and even then....

in 2006 they decided that was that. they stopped all manufact. in Cali and moved out of state except for the co. HQ.....and there after when the plant closed, I got laid off too. And there we are.

Add Brown, with prop 25 passing and 23 going down, you aint seen nothing yet.

Last edited:
and to keep the home fires burning...

Calif borrows $40M a day to pay unemployment

Sunday, November 7, 2010

With one in every eight workers unemployed and empty state coffers, California is borrowing billions of dollars from the federal government to pay unemployment insurance.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the state owes $8.6 billion already, and will have to come up with a $362-million payment to Washington by the end of next September.

The continued borrowing means federal unemployment insurance taxes are going to increase, upping the annual payroll costs $21 a year per worker.

California tops the list of 32 states that have borrowed a total of $41 billion to pay claims.

Read more: Calif borrows $40M a day to pay unemployment

Oh really? I transferred from DC to La Jolla in 75, and had a one bedroom apartment on La Jolla Blvd, one block from the beach (could see the ocean from my window) for $150. The apartment I had in Virginia at the time was $250. I found it to be a lot less to live there. You could ride the bus all over San Diego County for a quarter. San Diego State was $6 a credit hour--quite a bargain.

AP this morning:

With one in every eight workers unemployed and empty state coffers, California is borrowing billions of dollars from the federal government to pay unemployment insurance.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the state owes $8.6 billion already, and will have to come up with a $362-million payment to Washington by the end of next September.

AP this morning:

Lord, those people are too fucking stupid.

Oops I see trajan had already posted that. Do they honestly expect the rest of the country to bail them out when the bills come due? How does a state declare bankruptcy?

Oops I see trajan had already posted that. Do they honestly expect the rest of the country to bail them out when the bills come due? How does a state declare bankruptcy?

Yep, they really do.

California is not worth bailing out. They spent it, let them repay it.

What, you guys think California is the only state facing this problem?

California's problems are larger because California is the most highly populated state in the Union.

Where CA is really screwed is the fact that the RE bubble really happened there.

So the "correction" is much more painful there, too.

Here's how they'll drive people to it who really can't afford it:

The electrical grid in CA is so archaic and inadequate, that continued neglect will make delivery of electricity increasingly problematic. After enough brown outs and rolling black outs, aided and abetted by our new SMART METERS, combined with accelerating increases in electric bills, enough people will cave in and buy solar to make the election investment worth it to the solar companies who cannot compete in a free market.
Republicans need to QUIT whistling past the (damned) graveyard, on our infrastructure; IN-GENERAL!!!!

They need to QUIT making every problem the result not enough TAX-CUTS (i.e. short-term "candy" for the 1%ers), and (finally) START THINKIN' LONG-TERM INVE$TMENT$!!!!

"U.S. investment in preservation and development of transportation infrastructure lags so far behind that of China, Russia and European nations that it will lead to "a steady erosion of the social and economic foundations for American prosperity in the LONG RUN."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMyffFFedrM[/ame]

if I thought it would make a difference I would explain why this rail bond issue and the proposed vegas to Anaheim rail line is a complete absolute disaster in waiting....
What....you're heavily-invested in the buggy-whip industry??? :eusa_eh:

Hell.....Americans (Nation-WIDE) would FLOCK to experience such a ride!! Californians would be able to leave work....ZIP over to Vegas....and, STILL be home for a good-night's-sleep!!! Such a link would be a Showplace for potential-investors in rail-travel!!

Maybe your greatest-fear is if such a link was mag-lev :eek: ....and, you "conservatives" are worried about an INFLUX o' those tiny-Demons who run-along....carrying such a train on-down-the-line. Your Clerics are lying to you. It's that magical/electrisical-stuff that's actually doing the work. :rolleyes:

You're (obviously) lobbying for some competing-industry....and, Ya' Got NOTHIN'!!!!!

:eusa_whistle:

It's 2010!!!!

Get ON-board.....or GET-OUTTA-THE-WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of bailing out CA:

Allysia Finley: California Is the Lindsay Lohan of States and Sacramento Shouldn't Expect a Bailout - WSJ.com

* NOVEMBER 8, 2010

California: The Lindsay Lohan of States
Sacramento is headed for trouble again, and it shouldn't expect a bailout.

By ALLYSIA FINLEY

Listen up, California. The other 48 states—your cousin New York excluded—are sick of your bratty arrogance. You're the Lindsay Lohan of states: a prima donna who once showed some talent but is now too wasted to do anything with it.

After enjoying ephemeral highs and spending binges, you suffer crashes that culminate in brief, unsuccessful stints in rehab. This cycle repeats itself every five to 10 years, as the rest of the country looks on with a mixture of horror and amusement. We'd feel sorry for you if you didn't constantly flip us the bird...

The california bail out will bring down the country.
I say give it to mexico. See if they can afford that shit hole.

What is it with you people and "Bringing down the country"? You morons squeel that montra so often that it has lost all meaning. I would be willing to bet that a serious search would find at least a hundred references to this or that "gonna bring down the country" over the last ten years. All of it from you fundi fuckwits. If there was even a sliver of truth to all your screechy warnings our country would be rubble fom sea to shining sea.
Be patient.

It's gonna take some time to fully-breed that Plantation Mentality OUTTA our genetic-code; i.e. "We don't NEED none o' that, there newfangled-stuff!! We like things, JUST THE WAY THEY ARE!!!"

It's gonna take time. :rolleyes:

and to keep the home fires burning...

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The continued borrowing means federal unemployment insurance taxes are going to increase, upping the annual payroll costs $21 a year per worker.

California tops the list of 32 states that have borrowed a total of $41 billion to pay claims.
....And, I'm sure the local-merchants (there) are reeeeaaaalllly cryin'-the-Blues, over the fact they STILL have a cu$tomer-ba$e.

277.gif

Last edited:
Republicans need to QUIT whistling past the (damned) graveyard, on our infrastructure; IN-GENERAL!!!!

They need to QUIT making every problem the result not enough TAX-CUTS (i.e. short-term "candy" for the 1%ers), and (finally) START THINKIN' LONG-TERM INVE$TMENT$!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMyffFFedrM

if I thought it would make a difference I would explain why this rail bond issue and the proposed vegas to Anaheim rail line is a complete absolute disaster in waiting....
What....you're heavily-invested in the buggy-whip industry??? :eusa_eh:

Hell.....Americans (Nation-WIDE) would FLOCK to experience such a ride!! Californians would be able to leave work....ZIP over to Vegas....and, STILL be home for a good-night's-sleep!!! Such a link would be a Showplace for potential-investors in rail-travel!!

Maybe your greatest-fear is if such a link was mag-lev :eek: ....and, you "conservatives" are worried about an INFLUX o' those tiny-Demons who run-along....carrying such a train on-down-the-line. Your Clerics are lying to you. It's that magical/electrisical-stuff that's actually doing the work. :rolleyes:

You're (obviously) lobbying for some competing-industry....and, Ya' Got NOTHIN'!!!!!

:eusa_whistle:

It's 2010!!!!

Get ON-board.....or GET-OUTTA-THE-WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

OK......I want to officially nominate Shaman for the following USMESSAGEBOARD award...............

BEST IMAGINATION

because s0n..........you win it hands down!!!:clap2:

Oh really? I transferred from DC to La Jolla in 75, and had a one bedroom apartment on La Jolla Blvd, one block from the beach (could see the ocean from my window) for $150. The apartment I had in Virginia at the time was $250. I found it to be a lot less to live there. You could ride the bus all over San Diego County for a quarter. San Diego State was $6 a credit hour--quite a bargain.
....And, then, you were stuck....out West....where new-ideas AREN'T considered Evil. I experienced the same, in Colorado!! (...After splittin' from PA!)

I feel your pain.
241.png

Forum List

Back