Cain got caught in a lie.

then any black american who is enjoying their current success - the benefits - and who was not an 'activist' is a coward.

That makes you a racist.

my understanding is that cain simply ignored the civil rights movement.

link

A bit hard to ignore, heh. I was just a boy and I noticed. A white boy on a farm in Ohio. Little relevance to me but I was cheering them on. Why wasn't he?

A conformist, maybe?

It's now a matter of public record. Don't you follow the news...? He admitted he did NOT participate in the civil right movement. He enjoys the benefits, but ignored the struggle.
Then any Black American who is enjoying their current success - the benefits - and who was not an 'activist' is a coward.

That makes you a racist.

My understanding is that Cain simply IGNORED the civil rights movement.
Based on what? Something you made up in your mind?

As you think that someone who grew up in the south in the 40s and 50s and who attended a HBCU in the 1960s would be able to 'ingore' the civil rights movement, I have to wonder about your ability to be even slightly rational.

It's now a matter of public record. Don't you follow the news...? He admitted he did NOT participate in the civil right movement. He enjoys the benefits, but ignored the struggle.
Then any Black American who is enjoying their current success - the benefits - and who was not an 'activist' is a coward.

That makes you a racist.

My understanding is that Cain simply IGNORED the civil rights movement.

i would say your understanding is flawed.

Did Obama?

And, how is you think he did not participate in civil rights?

That does not equal 'not marching'.
Just because he didn't participate in the protests doesn't mean he ignored anything.

He was busy bettering himself and making his own way.
Looks like he succeeded.

A coward doesn't stay in school while everyone around him is pushing for segregation.
A coward doesn't get better grades than those that would seek to kick him out.

Sounds more like he was busy sucking 'A' More concerned with self than anything. No wonder Reps like him.

Just because he didn't participate in the protests doesn't mean he ignored anything.

Looks like he succeeded.

A coward doesn't stay in school while everyone around him is pushing for segregation.

Sounds more like he was busy sucking 'A' More concerned with self than anything. No wonder Reps like him.
And you clearly hate education.

Republicans this is going to be a very nasty election. I'd choose Mitt if you went to use Obama's record against him and any advantage you may have. Otherwise things are going to get bad...This thread is just a taste. A little nip. Imagine the entire media and obama doing this.

Last edited:

Looks like he succeeded.

Now you are just plain lost in oblivion.

Now you are just plain lost in oblivion.
Not in the least. You marginalize those persons who educate themselves with college and graduate degrees as merely persons who suck ass.

Your marginalization of higher education and graduate education clearly indicates that you not only do not value education, but even hate it and those who have it.

I'm listening to them discuss it on TV. They showed a clip from a Cain interview from yesterday. He was asked why, since he lived in Atlanta, Georgia why he didn't march. He said the marchers were college students and he was in high school. It was pointed out that he was at MLK's college from 1963 to 1967, and in his 20's. He said that his father taught them not to get in trouble and they if they were told to move to the back of the bus, they moved to the back of the bus. Cain was asked what would have happened if Rosa Parks followed his father's advice, where would blacks be today? He said his father didn't give advice to Rosa Parks and at this point, became very, very angry and said, "Don't tell me how to be black".

Now this is a guy who has questioned Obama's "blackness and Americanism" and calls other blacks "brainwashed". A man who sat in the back of the bus and lied about why he wasn't "involved". MLK would would not be a Republican today. Cain received benefits he didn't earn. That much is clear.

Amen! I watch it yesterday and today. Cain is certainly not a role model for blacks!
Very true.......These days, those blacks filling our prisons are the role models for many blacks.

Barack Obama, who sat in the pews of a racist, anti-american church for over twenty years, and launched his political career in the home of a terrorist, is a "role model" for many blacks these days.

MLK would be disgusted....But, MLK would be extremely proud of what Cain has accomplished in his life.

Somebody as stupid as YOU, would never understand that, however.

You have to be fucking kidding me...someone invoked the name of Jesse "Hymietown" Jackson and Al "Let's burn Jewish businesses" Sharpton in a thread about bigotry and racism?????

No fucking way is even Deanie-do that stupid. If so, he really needs to be institutionalized at this point. That kind of profound stupidity is dangerous to his own health and safety.

you severely overestimate dean.

I'm listening to them discuss it on TV. They showed a clip from a Cain interview from yesterday. He was asked why, since he lived in Atlanta, Georgia why he didn't march. He said the marchers were college students and he was in high school. It was pointed out that he was at MLK's college from 1963 to 1967, and in his 20's. He said that his father taught them not to get in trouble and they if they were told to move to the back of the bus, they moved to the back of the bus. Cain was asked what would have happened if Rosa Parks followed his father's advice, where would blacks be today? He said his father didn't give advice to Rosa Parks and at this point, became very, very angry and said, "Don't tell me how to be black".

Now this is a guy who has questioned Obama's "blackness and Americanism" and calls other blacks "brainwashed". A man who sat in the back of the bus and lied about why he wasn't "involved". MLK would would not be a Republican today. Cain received benefits he didn't earn. That much is clear.

Amen! I watch it yesterday and today. Cain is certainly not a role model for blacks!

So now we have to have role models for blacks and role models for whites?

Then for goodness sakes why in the hell do we have MLK day for everyone? I thought you dismissed the color and admired the courage and peaceful ways to make a point? Black didn't make Martin Luther King great. It was his mind, his courage and leadership.

So, if you feel you need a role model for blacks, go sit at the back of a bus. The rest of us will admire greatness when we see it in a person and not their skin.

Going by Deans logic, only black people who have earned it can celebrate Martin Luther King day.

These libs are pathetic. what does any of this have to do with Cain's ability to be president? What kind of interview is that? humm...a crazy white guy telling a successful black American that he is not black enough? Does anybody wonder why MSNBC does not have an audience? The same network that has Al Sharpton as a host? Wow.

Lawrence O'Donnell Vs. Herman Cain! - Pt. One - YouTube

'999' Brainwash: Lawrence O'Donnell vs. Herman Cain (Part 2/3) - YouTube

Its quite clear that the left is VERY DESPERATE when instead of focussing in issues that are relative to todays situation they are obsessed with whether or not Cain was babysitting his grandmother in 1963.

Where was their historical scrutiny of Obama and his college and post college year activities? BSNBC is as bad as the worst hacks on this board. This man could be leading our nation and were obsessed with who he was or wasnt helping to care for in 1963????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Cain is clearly an Uncle Tom. While there is nothing illegal about that - it certainly denotes a measure of dishonesty as to who he is. His past civil rights non-participation; hiding behind the Navy as a civilian to avoid Vietnam; zero political experience. Hell, has he ever advocated for anything - racial or otherwise?

and you are clearly a racist prick.

Forum List

Back