Buy a tiny bit of gold FIRST

Well I do think it's the responsibility of any country's government to protect the lives of its people. That isn't in the constitution, but we can do it by political party/voting.
That would be defense. The country doesn't owe you a living, food, housing, health care or anything else that you don't earn. We were not established as a country of parasites.

I'm waiting for you to explain how someone can be required to work. LOL, I guess a desperately hungry democrat may be forced to work in order to assuage his hunger.
I believe in freedom, but I also believe in human survival. That may be a paradox, so I just want to try to have them both alright?

I believe in freedom, but I also believe in human survival. That may be a paradox, so I just want to try to have them both alright?
I believe in freedom as well. Anyone is free to live and pursue their happiness as long as it does not infringe on the freedoms of others. Free people do not have the right to demand to be fed, clothed or housed by their neighbors. Humans have survived for millennia without government interference.

How many ADS tell you to buy gold? Using what? Dollars of course. So to the seller of gold, dollars are more valuable than their gold. Why else would they sell you GOLD.

But for the hell of it, if you want to experiment, buy a small bar. Take it with you to shop. Try to hand it to the clerk. The Clerk won't take it. And that my friends is why not to buy gold. You sell gold at a loss. The buyers discount the price. Ask them if you doubt this. I learned this years ago from a Coin Dealer who sold precious metals. My oldest daughter wanted gold. I got gold for her. She never was able to use it at stores. And the dealer took it back after his discount. Some want us back on the Gold standard. Why when you get rid of it at a discount?
Urine-Colored Rocks

The government is selling off its gold to pay off the interest on the National Debt. It is their interest to encourage sensationalist stories that will raise the price of gold.

I believe in freedom as well. Anyone is free to live and pursue their happiness as long as it does not infringe on the freedoms of others. Free people do not have the right to demand to be fed, clothed or housed by their neighbors. Humans have survived for millennia without government interference.
I don't think that is practical today.

The suicide rate keeps going up and is projected to keep going up. That does not make me happy.

Physical gold is a hedge on inflation. The value increases as inflated currency value decreases. It is also a limited quantity that appreciates in most cases. It is worth roughly 62 times what it was worth in 1972. It is a stable investment.
Knock-Knock Fort Knox

Using scare stories, government agents drive up the price.

You must see that your ideology, standard or not, runs into problems today. The suicide rate is really high and keeps going up.

Forum List

Back