Buy a tiny bit of gold FIRST

To each his own. There's no fiction to the fact that dollars are printed by the billions on paper, and have less buying power every year, while gold is mined and has been the benchmark of value throughout modern human history.
It would destroy the global economy almost immediately, were the world to get back to the so called gold standard. America simply lacks enough gold to back todays amounts of dollars.
Dollars, yes paper currency, has been our standard for far too long to change. And you seem to ignore the sales element of having gold, that you will pay a commission to get rid of the gold.

Not particularly. You?

Your grasp of the value of gold is childish, regardless of your age.
Actually i have experience at buying and selling gold. And you talk like you never have. Have you ever in your life used gold as a buying tool?

Gold was worth $32 in 1972. Today it is worth ~$1800 conservatively -- about 56 times what it was worth in 1972. The dollar on the other hand is worth less than it was in 1972. I gave an example of this with an analogy of what 23.5 oz would buy. One hundred years ago, that 23.5 oz ($750) would by you a Ford. Today, you would still be able to buy a new Ford for 23.5 oz but it would translate to over $42K.
That $1800 figure you mention is in dollars. And your argument that dollars fell means that the gold fell with it. I have urged the gold believers to take gold and go to your grocery store and try to use it.

To each his own. There's no fiction to the fact that dollars are printed by the billions on paper, and have less buying power every year, while gold is mined and has been the benchmark of value throughout modern human history.
Then why is the value of gold when discussed, priced in dollars and not gold itself?

Not particularly. You?

Your grasp of the value of gold is childish, regardless of your age.

Is Gold Money?​

Gold can be bought and stored, but it’s typically not used as a payment method like cash, according to Investopedia. However, it can be converted to cash in almost any currency.

“You cannot easily buy something with a bag or bar of gold, not even with a gold coin. There are not many people in the world who will take gold for payment,” Business Insider reports.

It would destroy the global economy almost immediately, were the world to get back to the so called gold standard. America simply lacks enough gold to back todays amounts of dollars.
Dollars, yes paper currency, has been our standard for far too long to change. And you seem to ignore the sales element of having gold, that you will pay a commission to get rid of the gold.
Don’t buy gold if you don’t want gold. From what you’ve posted, you’re the last person I’d look to for investment advice. End of story.

Then why is the value of gold when discussed, priced in dollars and not gold itself?
That’s an incredibly stupid question.
Pro tip: an ounce of gold is worth an ounce of gold. You don’t compare the value of a commodity with itself.

Don’t buy gold if you don’t want gold. From what you’ve posted, you’re the last person I’d look to for investment advice. End of story.
Apparently you are involved with gold. I would never trust a person who relies on gold.

That’s an incredibly stupid question.
Pro tip: an ounce of gold is worth an ounce of gold. You don’t compare the value of a commodity with itself.
I then came to the right person to be stupid since that is how you keep approaching this matter.

I own some gold. I also own some silver. And some antiques. And a pile of cash. The last thing I need is the trust of an imbecile.
You have worthless cash? And you act like an ass to me? I keep cash on hand. And use it to pay my credit cards monthly to zero. I get rewards from my credit cards. it is a win win for me.

No one said cash was worthless, fool.
Try your weak strawmen elsewhere.
Look, I do not fault you for falling for the scam of having precious metals. But you raised hell with me over having cash. Make up your mind.

Look, I do not fault you for falling for the scam of having precious metals. But you raised hell with me over having cash. Make up your mind.
Why the straw man BS? I didn’t “raise hell” about you having cash. I said I have cash. And you called it worthless.
You suck at this, kid.

That $1800 figure you mention is in dollars. And your argument that dollars fell means that the gold fell with it. I have urged the gold believers to take gold and go to your grocery store and try to use it.
No the gold retained its value. It still only takes 23.5 oz. to buy that car. What happened to your $750. If you had held onto that $750 it would not have purchased the car---even with interest it would not have grown 56 times its value.

That doesn’t make for an engaging debate.

Why do you think it’s the responsibility of government to decide who keeps gold and how to protect people who have none?
Well I do think it's the responsibility of any country's government to protect the lives of its people. That isn't in the constitution, but we can do it by political party/voting.

Forum List

Back