But How Will It Be Funded?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Everything that comes before the Republicans in the House comes with it the caveat: It must be funded, usually by cutting welfare, school lunches, elderly care or other pesky matters.

But what about when the bill is something they want to please their corporate masters???

No problemo, they don't care if it's funded!

The House voted Friday to make permanent a temporary tax break that makes it easier for businesses to invest in new equipment, one of many expired tax breaks that Congress must deal with by the end of the year.

The tax break allows businesses to more quickly write off the costs of new equipment, making it popular among business groups. But the White House has threatened a veto because the bill would add $287 billion to the budget deficit over the next decade.

Everything that comes before the Republicans in the House comes with it the caveat: It must be funded, usually by cutting welfare, school lunches, elderly care or other pesky matters.

But what about when the bill is something they want to please their corporate masters???

The House voted Friday to make permanent a temporary tax break that makes it easier for businesses to invest in new equipment, one of many expired tax breaks that Congress must deal with by the end of the year.

The tax break allows businesses to more quickly write off the costs of new equipment, making it popular among business groups. But the White House has threatened a veto because the bill would add $287 billion to the budget deficit over the next decade.

Good grief man or woman or whatever you are howey. Anything that can quickly move a business forward in this day and age quickly is a good thing.

Look at how Howey thinks. This bill will help the average farmer with new equipment. Howey thinks a farmer is a corporate master.

How fucked up is Howey? A woman in an apartment. This is Howey.

Look at how Howey thinks. This bill will help the average farmer with new equipment. Howey thinks a farmer is a corporate master.

And that's exactly why Progressives turn everything they touch into Detroit

And that's the saddest CF. I used to run the border with my bands. Punk into Buffalo and rock and country into Detroit. In the early 80's OMG Detroit was seeing a renaissance beyond. It was really cool

To see it now. I want to cry. It is destroyed. I've actually been thinking of just buying up property because the city is selling it dirt cheap and maybe I can renovate some of the homes. But I'm way out here so I don't see how we could oversee renovations. Breaks my heart. Detroit used to be a fine city. Till Democrats destroyed it.

We could cut everyone's taxes to zero and not add 1 penny to the deficit. The only possible way to add to the deficit is to spend money you do not have. Until people understand this basic concept I refuse to treat them as intelligent human beings.

I guess my theory was right. Nothing but trolls on this forum.

Good grief man or woman or whatever you are howey. Anything that can quickly move a business forward in this day and age quickly is a good thing.

Holy shit I accidently repped Howey. LOL

Allowing businesses to retain what is theirs in the first place is hardly "costly" to the government.

Really?

Detroits problem is the tax base is too small to afford government.
1. Little in the way of police, so you have gangs running all over.
2. Schools are turning to shit as they can't afford teachers.
3. Infrastructure, forget about it!

You see, Detroit has far to little government.

Oh how funny is that? They want you to think they care about Deficits! That's a good one! :lol:

Obama loves his Corporate Masters as much as any other corrupt politician. He's just good at making you THINK he's on YOUR side. He's not.

I'll make a deal with you Howey.

If that Bill gets to the White House and Obama vetoes it I'll rep you.
But if he signs it I'll neg you.

Deal?

Any nation that cuts education, infrastructure and r&d investment is asking to become a third world shit hole.

But one has to also fund said items with money one has. Not borrowed from a third world shit hole n'est ce pas?

I think the US is fubar'd Matt. I'm really worried because your spending is completely out of control. But I digress. Not for this thread.

Holy shit I accidently repped Howey. LOL

Allowing businesses to retain what is theirs in the first place is hardly "costly" to the government.

:lol:

First thing I thought of was "I can undo that" Nah. I'll play nice in the sandbox today.

Unless it is the trillion dollar Medicare D program. Then the GOP passes it without any funding, no problem.

As for tax expenditures for farmers, that is just more of the same old "Gimme, gimme, gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it" entitlement attitude which afflicts Left and Right today.

Welfare queens on the government tit.

I guess my theory was right. Nothing but trolls on this forum.

This coming from a troll. So Howey lets reverse your question you and the other lefties are so concerned about where the money going to what you describe as corporate welfare will come from yet when it comes to funding new or increasing funding old social programs you have no such concerns over how to fund that why?

It is costly to all other taxpayers, though. Tax expenditures result in higher tax rates for everyone.

You jackasses who defend welfare queens and their tax breaks don't look at both sides of the equation. Every dollar you give back to the welfare queen is a dollar you have to take from someone else or borrow from China.

Don't come back with "cut spending" because that is EXACTLY what the OP is pointing out. The GOP is not cutting spending to pay for the welfare queens' government gifts.

So that means that money has to come out of someone else's pocket. Or it has to be borrowed, thus raising the national debt even more.

Last edited:

Really?

Detroits problem is the tax base is too small to afford government.
1. Little in the way of police, so you have gangs running all over.
2. Schools are turning to shit as they can't afford teachers.
3. Infrastructure, forget about it!

You see, Detroit has far to little government.

You must be so young Matt. You don't know the history of the city. Hey I come from the days of when Detroit was Nugent and Mitch Ryder baby. I know the city. From the days Alice Cooper had his Cindy from the city.

I knew the city when it rocked. Then I'm going to put it straight out. It went solid black and people were voting only on the basis of color and no one knew how to run shit.

Would you like me to continue?

Forum List

Back