But How Will It Be Funded?

Everything that comes before the Republicans in the House comes with it the caveat: It must be funded, usually by cutting welfare, school lunches, elderly care or other pesky matters.

But what about when the bill is something they want to please their corporate masters???

No problemo, they don't care if it's funded!

The House voted Friday to make permanent a temporary tax break that makes it easier for businesses to invest in new equipment, one of many expired tax breaks that Congress must deal with by the end of the year.

The tax break allows businesses to more quickly write off the costs of new equipment, making it popular among business groups. But the White House has threatened a veto because the bill would add $287 billion to the budget deficit over the next decade.

We could cut everyone's taxes to zero and not add 1 penny to the deficit. The only possible way to add to the deficit is to spend money you do not have. Until people understand this basic concept I refuse to treat them as intelligent human beings.

what about the current deficit and the $$ it takes to run this country every year? wave your magic wand and pay for that.

Must of what the government spends is on pork, corporate welfare, and transfer payments - a great deal of which can be cut. Easy Peasy.

Everything that comes before the Republicans in the House comes with it the caveat: It must be funded, usually by cutting welfare, school lunches, elderly care or other pesky matters.

But what about when the bill is something they want to please their corporate masters???

YES! Of course! But since it is the Republicans who are adding to the budget deficit Of Course it is a no brainer and No problemo! But Lord knows if the Democrats had tried to obtain that many Millions of dollars for this they would never hear the end of it.

Here's more on this story.

House Republicans vote for business tax cut - CNN.com

Look at how Howey thinks. This bill will help the average farmer with new equipment. Howey thinks a farmer is a corporate master.

How fucked up is Howey? A woman in an apartment. This is Howey.
Sure sounds like you like Howey with your flirting! :lol:

Last edited:

YES! Of course! But since it is the Republicans who are adding to the budget deficit Of Course it is a no brainer and No problemo! But Lord knows if the Democrats had tried to obtain that many Millions of dollars for this they would never hear the end of it.

This tax cut expired Jan 1 of this year.

Will it even be brought up in the Senate for a vote?

My guess is no.

Can you explain how this would add to the budget deficit if passed by the Senate?

The House voted Friday to make permanent a temporary tax break that makes it easier for businesses to invest in new equipment, one of many expired tax breaks that Congress must deal with by the end of the year.

The tax break allows businesses to more quickly write off the costs of new equipment, making it popular among business groups. But the White House has threatened a veto because the bill would add $287 billion to the budget deficit over the next decade.

Howey, you forgot this part from your link:

The Democratic-controlled Senate is taking a different approach. Instead of making them permanent, senators have been working on a package that would extend nearly all the temporary tax breaks through 2015.

Democratic leaders say their approach would give lawmakers more time to decide which tax breaks to make permanent and which ones to get rid of.

The stalemate is unlikely to be resolved until after congressional elections in November. If Congress renews the temporary tax breaks by the end of the year, taxpayers would be able to claim them on their 2014 returns, which will be filed next spring.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
I guess my theory was right. Nothing but trolls on this forum.
And of course they're from the right who come out of the woodwork like the termites that they are every time they are confronted with the truth that they can't argue with. So, they resort to name-calling, anger, screaming, yelling, non-sense, and they think that's actually smart and educational to others. But got news for them, it shows the pathetic level of their convoluted thinking to all others.

Right-Wing
7.png

Look at how Howey thinks. This bill will help the average farmer with new equipment. Howey thinks a farmer is a corporate master.

How fucked up is Howey? A woman in an apartment. This is Howey.

And that's exactly why Progressives turn everything they touch into Detroit

Really?

Detroits problem is the tax base is too small to afford government.
1. Little in the way of police, so you have gangs running all over.
2. Schools are turning to shit as they can't afford teachers.
3. Infrastructure, forget about it!

You see, Detroit has far to little government.

They can't afford government? Why the fuck did the government get a pay raise then?

EM Kevyn Orr gives Detroit officials, appointees 5% pay raise | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

I guess my theory was right. Nothing but trolls on this forum.

This coming from a troll. So Howey lets reverse your question you and the other lefties are so concerned about where the money going to what you describe as corporate welfare will come from yet when it comes to funding new or increasing funding old social programs you have no such concerns over how to fund that why?

Welfare is welfare. Whether it is food stamps or tax expenditures, everyone else has to pay for it. Or it has to be borrowed, adding to the national debt.

Simple as that.

And tax expenditures add up to $1.2 trillion every year. That's a lot of fucking welfare payments!

Tax expenditure? How the fuck do tax cuts count as spending? Do we live in backwards land now? Does that mean a tax hike is cutting spending?

Wasn't it a week or so ago, the GOP would only fund restoration of the veterans pension funds if there were cuts elsewhere.
But, but, but,,,,this is different!
Exactly how?

It is, actually, different. If you read the OP this "tax cut" already exists, it is just set to expire. I am sure you are all ready for the spending cut that will result of the raise in taxes, just like g5000, but the rest of us really don't live in Bizarro land.

My guess is no.

Can you explain how this would add to the budget deficit if passed by the Senate?
For an explanation, please read the Second Paragraph that Howey has presented in his link.

I have a good friend of mine who is a farmer. He is also a multi-millionaire. He thinks farmers are getting too much financial help from the government.
His thought are mirrored by this article, it's like he almost wrote this piece.

Taxpayers Turn U.S. Farmers Into Fat Cats With Subsidies
Taxpayers Turn U.S. Farmers Into Fat Cats With Subsidies - Bloomberg

But enough about farmers. I'm not on a farmer attack mode. In the real world, one can be assured that they would receive a very small portion of this legislation's pie. The Big Corporations would realize a huge portion because they are that, huge.
What I'd like to see is legislation that helps the working middle class and the working poor class. Corporate America is swimming in money while the working middle class and the working poor are treading water through no fault of their own.
This bit of legislation looks like plutocracy, while the largest segment of the population of America continues to flounder with flat wage growth and low paying jobs.
It's easy to see who's the sugar-daddies of the authors and supporters of this legislation.

Does that mean you oppose the Department of Agriculture?

By the way, if you actually talk to the farmer friend you just made up he will tell you he is talking about the government paying farmers for a bunch of stupid shit, not taxes.

My guess is no.

For an explanation, please read the Second Paragraph in the link that Howey has presented.

We could cut everyone's taxes to zero and not add 1 penny to the deficit. The only possible way to add to the deficit is to spend money you do not have. Until people understand this basic concept I refuse to treat them as intelligent human beings.

what about the current deficit and the $$ it takes to run this country every year? wave your magic wand and pay for that.

Can you explain to me, in detail, how revenue is actually expenses?

Why not start by cutting payroll tax first?

Forum List

Back