But baking a cake for a gay wedding offends the sanctity of marriage....

On the issue of a bakery being FORCED by law to bake a wedding cake for a 'gay' wedding , that should not happen in the USA Czern !!
Sorry, but I disagree. The law is clear - if you provide a service, you do not get to decide to withhold that service from an entire class of person, just because you find them personally distasteful. Period. full stop.

There are a number of rights involved here. Does a private individual have the freedom of association, the freedom of religion, and the freedom to operate his own private property as he deems fit, or does the simple fact that he opened his business make him subserviant to the demands of a few customers? That aside, the lefts hipocricy on this issue is one sided and damning. See video below.

Here is my problem with your video. It has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened. Tell me something. When I go into a bakery, and I go through the catalogue, pick out a wedding cake, and say, I would like this cake baked for my wedding, please. What is the proper response to that request? (Here is a hint: It should not be "Who are you marrying?")

The proper response should be "that'l be" followed by the price of the cake. But lets turn this on it's head. If a gay couple walks into a bakery advertising their gayness in an effort to get denied and trump up a lawsuit then I'd say gen the hell out. I'd boot them out not because they're gay but because of their intent. Personally I beleive turning away customers is bad business. Yet I also beleive a man can worship and practice any religion he wants, do what he wants with his own private property, and associate who he wants to associate with. Would I shop at a business that won't serve gays? Hell no! But will I throw a fit if they don't do it? Equally hell no! That is a reasonable position. Being gay does not grant you entitlement to the property of others nor does it grant you the power to force them to associate with you nor does it grant you the authority to nullify a persons well established religion.

bake-the-cake-indian-tolerance-anti-christian-bigotry-homosexual-movement-transparent-pic.png
Hi Hossfly :bye1:
I can't see the picture you've posted :)

I just wanna share a few images I found online, and then I want you folks to remind me again, how it is the very thought of baking a cake for a gay wedding that offends the sanctity of marriage:

But, it's the very notion of baking a cake for a gay marriage that " offends the sanctity of marriage", right?

Where do you get your ghey cakes?
Cakes have a sexuality? I wasn't aware. How do you tell a gay cake from a straight cake?

As in for a ghey event?

Like a ghey easter aprty

On the issue of a bakery being FORCED by law to bake a wedding cake for a 'gay' wedding , that should not happen in the USA Czern !!
Sorry, but I disagree. The law is clear - if you provide a service, you do not get to decide to withhold that service from an entire class of person, just because you find them personally distasteful. Period. full stop.
Oh really? So Nordstroms is breaking the law. Got it.

There are a number of rights involved here. Does a private individual have the freedom of association, the freedom of religion, and the freedom to operate his own private property as he deems fit, or does the simple fact that he opened his business make him subserviant to the demands of a few customers? That aside, the lefts hipocricy on this issue is one sided and damning. See video below.

Here is my problem with your video. It has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened. Tell me something. When I go into a bakery, and I go through the catalogue, pick out a wedding cake, and say, I would like this cake baked for my wedding, please. What is the proper response to that request? (Here is a hint: It should not be "Who are you marrying?")

The proper response should be "that'l be" followed by the price of the cake. But lets turn this on it's head. If a gay couple walks into a bakery advertising their gayness in an effort to get denied and trump up a lawsuit then I'd say gen the hell out. I'd boot them out not because they're gay but because of their intent. Personally I beleive turning away customers is bad business. Yet I also beleive a man can worship and practice any religion he wants, do what he wants with his own private property, and associate who he wants to associate with. Would I shop at a business that won't serve gays? Hell no! But will I throw a fit if they don't do it? Equally hell no! That is a reasonable position. Being gay does not grant you entitlement to the property of others nor does it grant you the power to force them to associate with you nor does it grant you the authority to nullify a persons well established religion.

Or the baker could say, "Because of the uncertainty of the stock market, the cake will cost $1000.00."

Are you a pole smoker? That's what I would ask.

And my response would be, "I'll be back with my attorney. Have a nice day,".

Or the baker could say, "Because of the uncertainty of the stock market, the cake will cost $1000.00."

He wouldent need to do that if he invested in pharmasuticals that made AIDS medication.

Does your attorney have to tell bakers you are a pole smoker?

Exactly, a normal person would call him an asshole and get their cake elsewhere. Perhaps they would write a review or protest. A dousche bag would attempt to play a victim and cash in on a civil rights case, which of course, is what they set out to do before they ever set foot into the bakery. Only an athoritarian would use the law to demand someone else labor on their behalf against their will.

Exactly, a normal person would call him an asshole and get their cake elsewhere. Perhaps they would write a review or protest. A dousche bag would attempt to play a victim and cash in on a civil rights case, which of course, is what they set out to do before they ever set foot into the bakery. Only an athoritarian would use the law to demand someone else labor on their behalf against their will.

A commie libstain.

I just wanna share a few images I found online, and then I want you folks to remind me again, how it is the very thought of baking a cake for a gay wedding that offends the sanctity of marriage:

But, it's the very notion of baking a cake for a gay marriage that " offends the sanctity of marriage", right?

Where do you get your ghey cakes?
Cakes have a sexuality? I wasn't aware. How do you tell a gay cake from a straight cake?

And when did the cake decide to be gay or straight?

The RWNJs do not believe in any "sanctity" of marriage that I've ever heard of.

Nor do they believe in supporting or even being loyal to their own military.

The right does not believe in the US Constitution but they do believe in the convenient parts of the "christian" god and "christian" bible.

They don't believe protecting children from guns but do believe in arming known and suspected terrorists (foreign and domestic), undocumented and the mentally ill.

And of course, once a fetus becomes a baby, they'll happily let that baby starve on the street.

MANY wives and girlfriends of Donald Trump

Does your attorney have to tell bakers you are a pole smoker?

I suppose the baker should be honored that this couple is going to eat the cake twice.

Forum List

Back