Bush is responsible but Obama isnt? Logic?

Do you think Romney can clean up Obama's mess in one term?

He doesn't have to do much of anything to help the economy. You watch, the VERY NEXT DAY after the election when the business world knows that their #1 enemy, the guty who wants to destroy them will no longer be POTUS, the economy will immediately begin to get better. As soon as the people who create jobs, and expand business know that obama is soon to be gone, they will begin to rebuild our economy. If Romney does nothing at all for 4 whole years, the economy will improve dramatically.

The economy collapsed at the end of Bush's two terms which was preceeded by two years of democratic controlled congress. A time during which red flags were raised about the elephant in the room (housing) but democrats denied and the GOP was too spineless to push forward with reforms.

Obama had two more years of that same congress and even managed to pass HCA with 0 republican votes. Yet the faltering economy nearly four years later is not his fault. He never mentions Reid won't do his job in the senate. Reid and Obama bare the brunt of the responsibility for our current situation in my opinion.

Start by explaining to us in detail what the Democratic Congress starting in 2007 could have done to avert the recession that began in December of that year,

or how they could have reversed the real estate meltdown that was already beginning.

By not killing every attempt by Bush to rein in Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac for one thing.

No one person can clean up the mess created by the greed of 'Wall Street'. Anyone who believes Romney is the panacea for what ails our country will be sorely disappointed.

Our robust economy during the Clinton years was a direct result of new technology. Until we as a nation begin to plan for a future not tied to fossil fuels and begin an open dialog on real solutions not tied to ideology are future will be unsettled, and other nations, India, China, Brazil or example, will forge ahead.

Oh - so Obama's mess is now the "Greed of Wallstreet?"

Is that what you left-winged morons are going to affix blame to once Romney is elected?

I'm sure you don't understand but let me be blunt. The more you post the dumber you seem. Better to keep your hands of the keyboard, why prove to everyone you have nothing intelligent to offer?

Yeah but as long as YOU keep posting, we all look a whole lot smarter.

Congress could have acted to make Freddie mac and Fannie mae more transparent and accountable.

Once again, MORON, Fannie and Freddie DID NOT CAUSE the mortgage crisis. Please, PLEASE stop with this lie.

Business - David Min - For the Last Time, Fannie and Freddie Didn't Cause the Housing Crisis - The Atlantic

No one says that FM and FM are the only cause of the housing crisis, idiot. Reforming them would have helped. It was a place to start.

The economy collapsed at the end of Bush's two terms which was preceeded by two years of democratic controlled congress. A time during which red flags were raised about the elephant in the room (housing) but democrats denied and the GOP was too spineless to push forward with reforms.

Obama had two more years of that same congress and even managed to pass HCA with 0 republican votes. Yet the faltering economy nearly four years later is not his fault. He never mentions Reid won't do his job in the senate. Reid and Obama bare the brunt of the responsibility for our current situation in my opinion.

You are a very special brand of lying stupidity. The neocon marching orders were to make Obama fail from day one. No president in my memory has had to work with such organized butthurt hatred at having lost an election.

Start by explaining to us in detail what the Democratic Congress starting in 2007 could have done to avert the recession that began in December of that year,

or how they could have reversed the real estate meltdown that was already beginning.

By not killing every attempt by Bush to rein in Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac for one thing.

?What attempts were those?

I'm sure you don't understand but let me be blunt. The more you post the dumber you seem. Better to keep your hands of the keyboard, why prove to everyone you have nothing intelligent to offer?
Was that a monologue addressed to yourself?

No, to the other right wing partisan hack. But thanks for asking.

BTW, had the auto industry collapsed, what impact might that have had on the overall economy? How much greater would the unemployed figures be if all the suppliers for GM and Chrysler went out of business; if all the dealerships closed their doors? How would that have impacted local government dependent on sales tax revenue of new cars? How many more public employees would have lost jobs? And what of the jobs in the private sector which provided food and entertainment and clothes and such for the newly unemployed? Explain that if you can Rabbi.

They would have only failed if we stopped buying cars. I didn't see that happen though. And even if GM and Chrysler had collapesed someone would have had to build the cars that we are buying. And Ford proved that by changing the way they do business it is possible to recover without a bailout.

No one says that FM and FM are the only cause of the housing crisis, idiot. Reforming them would have helped. It was a place to start.

Why? They had so little of a stake in the subprime mortgages... What was it, 86% of the bad loans were not even insured by F&F? The private sector is to blame for the lion's share of these loans. And as Wall St. was begging for more and more loans to bundle, and so much money was being made by lenders, no one was very keen on putting on the breaks.

Want to know what I think? I may be a cynic. I think the private sector that owns our government created this crisis on purpose to kill labor and drive down wages, also knowing that the American taxpayers would ultimately be on the hook for the bill. And they made a FORTUNE doing it.

Last edited:
Do you think Romney can clean up Obama's mess in one term?

With a willing congress yes, absolutely.

Repeal all the bullshit then just get the fuck out of the way and let it happen.

I AGREE!
As I've mentioned repeal Dodd/Frank/Obamacare . Tone down the EPA anti-business efforts and for you idiots mouthing conservatives want foul air and water BULLCRAP!
What president started the EPA??? Nixon!
NO there is a process known as "Cost benefit Analysis"!!!
And the EPA obviously hasn't done it with an honest assessment..
I mean did the EPA realize the St. Croix refinery would lose money if they had to spend nearly a billion to meet EPA requirements for an area that affects less then 1,000 people BUT would raise the price of gas on East coast when this 350,000 barrel per day GAS refinery closes!!!

So YES repeal, reduce and Romney be like IKE get out of the way and play golf!!!
Fastest growth period was during IKE's years!

Get ready to laugh.

People laugh at what they don't understand. You do a lot of laughing around here.

Congress could have acted to make Freddie mac and Fannie mae more transparent and accountable. There were editorials running in the Wall St Journal for years before the melt down, arguing basically that everythingthat actually happened was going to happen. They could have allowed the Fed to raise interest rates to a reasonable level, instead of pressuring for lower rates. They could have resisted the urge to spend spend spend. They could have reformed congressional earmarks, which Pelosi in fact pledged but failed to do. They could have refused to bail out the auto makers and establish the moral hazard we see unfolding in front of us.

1. In 2007 that would have turned around the real estate market? Comon now. The bubble was already in place and beginning to leak.

2. Congress doesn't control the Fed.

3. How would cutting spending in 2007/2008 staved off recession?

4. How could letting the automakers go into liquidation helped the jobs situation?

No one person can clean up the mess created by the greed of 'Wall Street'. Anyone who believes Romney is the panacea for what ails our country will be sorely disappointed.

Our robust economy during the Clinton years was a direct result of new technology. Until we as a nation begin to plan for a future not tied to fossil fuels and begin an open dialog on real solutions not tied to ideology are future will be unsettled, and other nations, India, China, Brazil or example, will forge ahead.

um...no.
The robust economy was partly due to a housing boom caused by a false demand in three ways:
1) Lower interest rates set by the FED
2) Fannie & Freddie buying up mortgages like there was no tomorrow
3) Government strongly - STRONGLY - encouraging the mortgage industry to make risky loans both ignoring poor credit and dramatically raising the debt/income ratio as well as no money down loans.

Also - consumers everywhere was treating debt like it was income. Negative savings rates and increased credit card spending created another false demand.

um...no.
The robust economy was partly due to a housing boom caused by a false demand in three ways:
3) Government strongly - STRONGLY - encouraging the mortgage industry to make risky loans both ignoring poor credit and dramatically raising the debt/income ratio as well as no money down loans.

Also - consumers everywhere was treating debt like it was income. Negative savings rates and increased credit card spending created another false demand.

Yep. Exactly right. We came out of the dotcom, or NASDAQ bubble and were looking for ways to spur growth. SO, the typical moron economists, namely, Krugman and Co. were clamoring for a housing bubble to make another boom. He got his wish.

You are a very special brand of lying stupidity. The neocon marching orders were to make Obama fail from day one. No president in my memory has had to work with such organized butthurt hatred at having lost an election.

Youre a fucking idiot. Obama had the very same people in congress for his first two terms that Bush had for his last two. And to top it off Democrats had control.

Now go sit back in the corner and drink some more of your fucking koolaid idiot.

And this would be the Bush administration (like I said, the housing bubble started to pop in 2006) at the request of Wall Street who were BEGGING them for more and more loans to bundle. You should see that documentary "House of Cards".

CNBC: How housing boom was a house of cards - Business - CNBC TV - msnbc.com

um...no.

Yep. Exactly right. We came out of the dotcom, or NASDAQ bubble and were looking for ways to spur growth. SO, the typical moron economists, namely, Krugman and Co. were clamoring for a housing bubble to make another boom. He got his wish.

The next bubble to burst, after Obama loses that is, will be the student loans quite possibly.

Get ready to laugh.

It won't make you laugh but it might make some cry.

Housing like many other things in our economy belong in only the private sector. F&F should have been abolished years ago.

You haven't told us how Congress could have prevented the recession in 2007.

Was that a monologue addressed to yourself?

No, to the other right wing partisan hack. But thanks for asking.

BTW, had the auto industry collapsed, what impact might that have had on the overall economy? How much greater would the unemployed figures be if all the suppliers for GM and Chrysler went out of business; if all the dealerships closed their doors? How would that have impacted local government dependent on sales tax revenue of new cars? How many more public employees would have lost jobs? And what of the jobs in the private sector which provided food and entertainment and clothes and such for the newly unemployed? Explain that if you can Rabbi.

I didnt realize you were a right wing hack.

The auto indiustry was in no danger of collapsing. GM and Chrysler were in danger of collapsing. That would leave Ford, Honda, Nissan, BMW, Mercedes, VW and probably a few others still producing cars here. The excess capacity would have been either absorbed or the assets used more efficiently, creating greater growth. Yes, UE would have been initially higher for about 18 months.
Imagine if we had "saved" all the rail and steel jobs in the 1970s instead of letting those assets get used to develop high tech.

Get ready to laugh.

It won't make you laugh but it might make some cry.

Housing like many other things in our economy belong in only the private sector. F&F should have been abolished years ago.

You haven't told us how Congress could have prevented the recession in 2007.

I never said it could have been prevented. The damage could have lessened had anyone actually cared enough to stop the spending and froze institutions like F&F.

Besides this thread is about how democrats (you) wont accept responsibility for their roll in anything that turns out negative.

Forum List

Back