Bush Insists Al Qaeda in Iraq Threatens U.S.

bush said alqaeda in iraq 95 times in the 25 minute speech....

that's called brainwashing material....

even if alqaeda were not in Iraq, and never were in Iraq....repeating such 95 times in 25 minutes would make a certain percentage of the population to believe such...

before i retired, (young):D, I was a Marketing manager for a major international footwear company, and heavily involved in buying ROP, radio, and tv advertising throughout my footwear career....over 20 years of it, and exposure...(circulation, audience reach), and how many times you ran that ad, is what one PAYS for with big bucks!

the more people and the more times your ad ran within the contracted period with the station, the more you paid, and the better the results you got in people believing or thinking they had to buy your product, because it was more comfortable than the next guys, or more cool than the next guys, or yadeedah reason...bottom line increased sales from running ads.

Same thing with the president repeating alqaeda 95 times in 25 minutes....never in my career have i ever been able to afford such a ''hit'' on an ad.....repeating it to the whole nation, 95 times in 25 minutes!!!!!!!!

Plus additional free hits on all the news stations showing clips of his speach!

I am not denying his claims or agreeing with them, i just wanted to point out how repeating something like he did is a TOOL used OFTEN by this administration!

Repetition is also the mother of learning---when you figure out what this war is all about and what's at stake here, he might not have to remind your stubborn ass every 5 minutes.

What is this? Tit for tat?
Surprisingly, and unknown to most Americans, it just so happens this is all Tit for Tat
Let's bring only those responsible for that specific act to justice and ignore the tens of thousands just like them until they can bring down something as big as the WTC towers.

You can disagree, but the fact remains that as long as a terrorist organization dedicated to attacking the US exists, it IS a danger and should be addressed. How should we address it? with violence? thats how it was caused.

I will alos point out that the actual perpetrators of the crimes are fertilizer now and have been for 6 years. Kind of hard to bring them to "justice."

Why is it there are those of you that mistakenly believe that "it'll all be over" when and if we catch bin Laden?

There are 3 more just like him waiting to take his place.

3 more just like him, Gunny, isnt that proof that the invasion actually escalated the threat?

Do you believe that killing them is the best solution?

All the original perpetrators are dead.

Dont you think that invading and killing others, would force more fanatics toward the cause?

Is violence the answer?

Honestly ive heard broad generalizing statements concerning Iraqi's referring to them as Vipers, Rattle snakes, and Black Widows, constantly relatating them to unreasonable animals with no morals or concience.

Has anyone tried seriously addressing WHY 9/11 occurred?

Have any of Osama Bin Ladens speeches been on Major US News Networks in their entirety?

Not nitpicked for political sound bytes actually translated into english, from start to finish??

You cannot honestly say that the Iraqi people want peace and give the example that they voted to form a government, THEN in the same breath shout that they are all unreasonable, immoral, non-negotiating, barbaric animals, that we must live in fear of.

Whats the big deal with addressing the root of the issue?? whats the fear of UNDERSTANDING the cause of 9/11???

Why is the American answer to point fingers and missiles?

......No, we fight because we are free men who don't sleep under oppression. We want to restore freedom to our nation, just as you lay waste to our nation. So shall we lay waste to yours.

No one except a dumb thief plays with the security of others and then makes himself believe he will be secure. Whereas thinking people, when disaster strikes, make it their priority to look for its causes, in order to prevent it happening again.

But I am amazed at you. Even though we are in the fourth year after the events of September 11th, Bush is still engaged in distortion, deception and hiding from you the real causes. And thus, the reasons are still there for a repeat of what occurred.

So I shall talk to you about the story behind those events and shall tell you truthfully about the moments in which the decision was taken, for you to consider.

I say to you, Allah knows that it had never occurred to us to strike the towers. But after it became unbearable and we witnessed the oppression and tyranny of the American/Israeli coalition against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind.

The events that affected my soul in a direct way started in 1982 when America permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon and the American Sixth Fleet helped them in that. This bombardment began and many were killed and injured and others were terrorised and displaced.

I couldn't forget those moving scenes, blood and severed limbs, women and children sprawled everywhere. Houses destroyed along with their occupants and high rises demolished over their residents, rockets raining down on our home without mercy.

The situation was like a crocodile meeting a helpless child, powerless except for his screams. Does the crocodile understand a conversation that doesn't include a weapon? And the whole world saw and heard but it didn't respond.

In those difficult moments many hard-to-describe ideas bubbled in my soul, but in the end they produced an intense feeling of rejection of tyranny, and gave birth to a strong resolve to punish the oppressors.

And as I looked at those demolished towers in Lebanon, it entered my mind that we should punish the oppressor in kind and that we should destroy towers in America in order that they taste some of what we tasted and so that they be deterred from killing our women and children.

And that day, it was confirmed to me that oppression and the intentional killing of innocent women and children is a deliberate American policy. Destruction is freedom and democracy, while resistance is terrorism and intolerance.

This means the oppressing and embargoing to death of millions as Bush Sr did in Iraq in the greatest mass slaughter of children mankind has ever known, and it means the throwing of millions of pounds of bombs and explosives at millions of children - also in Iraq - as Bush Jr did, in order to remove an old agent and replace him with a new puppet to assist in the pilfering of Iraq's oil and other outrages.

So with these images and their like as their background, the events of September 11th came as a reply to those great wrongs, should a man be blamed for defending his sanctuary?

Is defending oneself and punishing the aggressor in kind, objectionable terrorism? If it is such, then it is unavoidable for us.

This is the message which I sought to communicate to you in word and deed, repeatedly, for years before September 11th.
http://english.aljazeera.net/English/archive/archive?ArchiveId=7403

You can do the Conservative thing and label me a Liberal "Blame America Firster"

But If I came into your house and killed your family told the world is was for the greater good of Democracy and Peace, wouldnt you want revenge?

What is so wrong with understanding?

Well they are there now. We hear all this bullshit about "leaving" Afghanistan without finishing the job and yet in Iraq you want to do that EXACT thing. Your desperate rationalizations are pitiful.

Come on dude...

There was no original job in Iraq to even be done.

How do you people still not get this yet?

Operation Iraqi Freedom..."we'll be met with open arms and FLOWERS!".

Never at all in the lead-up to Iraq, did we hear anything about Al-qaeda being there. In fact, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, all said that they were NOT connected.

Maybe they managed to migrate into Iraq to fight off "the infidels", but what does that have to do with us going there in the first place?

As long as the government had a reason to show us it was worth staying there and losing human lives, we Americans ate it up.

I was the number 1 cheerleader for the invasion when it started. I cheered the shock-and-awe bombing like it was fucking 4th of July fireworks.

I realize now that I was an idiot. I realize NOW that the only reason I cheered for it was because I let a couple people high up in the administration program me to. I didn't even know anything about who was profitting from it, i just wanted Saddam's head...because CNN told me I did.

Fuck that. My mind is free now. You can cheerlead this occupation until the fucking end of time for all i care.

But when the next big one happens, and we automatically blame it on Iran, like Bush and Cheney have already stated they would do in a directive, make sure you "stay the course" and inform the public that it was Iraq, not Iran, who attacked us, because Bush has been insisting lately that al-qaeda in Iraq is planning an attack against us.

3 more just like him, Gunny, isnt that proof that the invasion actually escalated the threat?

Do you believe that killing them is the best solution?

All the original perpetrators are dead.

Dont you think that invading and killing others, would force more fanatics toward the cause?

Is violence the answer?

Honestly ive heard broad generalizing statements concerning Iraqi's referring to them as Vipers, Rattle snakes, and Black Widows, constantly relatating them to unreasonable animals with no morals or concience.

Has anyone tried seriously addressing WHY 9/11 occurred?

Have any of Osama Bin Ladens speeches been on Major US News Networks in their entirety?

Not nitpicked for political sound bytes actually translated into english, from start to finish??

You cannot honestly say that the Iraqi people want peace and give the example that they voted to form a government, THEN in the same breath shout that they are all unreasonable, immoral, non-negotiating, barbaric animals, that we must live in fear of.

Whats the big deal with addressing the root of the issue?? whats the fear of UNDERSTANDING the cause of 9/11???

Why is the American answer to point fingers and missiles?

http://english.aljazeera.net/English/archive/archive?ArchiveId=7403

You can do the Conservative thing and label me a Liberal "Blame America Firster"

But If I came into your house and killed your family told the world is was for the greater good of Democracy and Peace, wouldnt you want revenge?

What is so wrong with understanding?

Holy Shit ! We're back to why bin laden attacked America ????? You haven't even got that far yet????

READ IT !!!!

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/terrorism/international/fatwa_1996.html

It's over ten years old now.

Come on dude...

There was no original job in Iraq to even be done.

How do you people still not get this yet?

Operation Iraqi Freedom..."we'll be met with open arms and FLOWERS!".

Never at all in the lead-up to Iraq, did we hear anything about Al-qaeda being there. In fact, Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, all said that they were NOT connected.

Maybe they managed to migrate into Iraq to fight off "the infidels", but what does that have to do with us going there in the first place?

As long as the government had a reason to show us it was worth staying there and losing human lives, we Americans ate it up.

I was the number 1 cheerleader for the invasion when it started. I cheered the shock-and-awe bombing like it was fucking 4th of July fireworks.

I realize now that I was an idiot. I realize NOW that the only reason I cheered for it was because I let a couple people high up in the administration program me to. I didn't even know anything about who was profitting from it, i just wanted Saddam's head...because CNN told me I did.

Fuck that. My mind is free now. You can cheerlead this occupation until the fucking end of time for all i care.

But when the next big one happens, and we automatically blame it on Iran, like Bush and Cheney have already stated they would do in a directive, make sure you "stay the course" and inform the public that it was Iraq, not Iran, who attacked us, because Bush has been insisting lately that al-qaeda in Iraq is planning an attack against us.

Piss and moan all you want about how we got there in the first place and let others decide what the best thing to do now is.

Piss and moan all you want about how we got there in the first place and let others decide what the best thing to do now is.

Why don't you take your own advice then, and shut the fuck up as well? Or are you one of those "others" that should decide?

Why don't you take your own advice then, and shut the fuck up as well? Or are you one of those "others" that should decide?

Because how we got into Iraq is now insignificant unless you merely want to politicize it. What we do next HAS some significance.

Well they are there now. We hear all this bullshit about "leaving" Afghanistan without finishing the job and yet in Iraq you want to do that EXACT thing. Your desperate rationalizations are pitiful.

Well they are there now.

Thanks for admitting Bush and his supporters lied for years. You're right. There was no al qaeda in Iraq, and Saddam considered them his enemies.

So, your president created Al Qaeda in Iraq. Iraqis weren't collaborating with al qaeda before bush's war.

Even now, Al Qaeda in iraq is a very small part of the violence. There not the big problem. The civil war is the MAIN source of violence. We can't babysit that.

Because how we got into Iraq is now insignificant unless you merely want to politicize it. What we do next HAS some significance.

politicize it???

I don't agree with either side. I don't agree with about 99% of congress.

Politicize??? I'm sick of seeing innocent human beings, and soldiers we may need in the future, KILLED.

Al-Maliki himself said he couldn't care less if we stay or go because they can handle it themselves. What an un-grateful bastard.

I say let's take him up on that offer then.

Please excuse us for trying to "liberate" you from such oppression.

Well they are there now.

Thanks for admitting Bush and his supporters lied for years. You're right. There was no al qaeda in Iraq, and Saddam considered them his enemies.

So, your president created Al Qaeda in Iraq. Iraqis weren't collaborating with al qaeda before bush's war.

Even now, Al Qaeda in iraq is a very small part of the violence. There not the big problem. The civil war is the MAIN source of violence. We can't babysit that.

Now that we have all that settled, what's your plan for dealing with al quaeda?

politicize it???

I don't agree with either side. I don't agree with about 99% of congress.

Politicize??? I'm sick of seeing innocent human beings, and soldiers we may need in the future, KILLED.

Al-Maliki himself said he couldn't care less if we stay or go because they can handle it themselves. What an un-grateful bastard.

I say let's take him up on that offer then.

Please excuse us for trying to "liberate" you from such oppression.

Then you're going to have to tell me exactly why you continue to rail against Bush instead of offering suggestions to deal with al queada. They killed some in Algeria today---how about we attack there?

Then you're going to have to tell me exactly why you continue to rail against Bush instead of offering suggestions to deal with al queada.

I don't have to tell you SHIT. But i will. I don't just rail against Bush...i rail against the entire 3 branches of government for allowing such constitutional abuse, and dangerous foreign policy, to continue on unchecked.

If it were ANYONE ELSE doing it, i'd rail against them and the government, just as much.

They killed some in Algeria today---how about we attack there?

how about we DON'T.

I don't have to tell you SHIT. But i will. I don't rail against Bush...i rail against the entire 3 branches of government for allowing such constitutional abuse, and dangerous foreign policy, to continue on unchecked.

If were ANYONE ELSE doing it, i'd rail against them just as much.

how about we DON'T.

so your plan to fix the 3 branches of government is ---?

so your plan to fix the 3 branches of government is ---?

My plan? I'm not running for office...i don't need a PLAN. I have an opinion, and i express it thanks to my 1st amendment right.

Honestly, I don't really think it's fixable at this point.

The slim hope i have is that there really are more people in government who care, but are just waiting for the status-quo to be even the slightest bit challenged before they act.

Better late then never as far as i'm concerned.

But you wouldn't understand that, since you apparently agree with the status-quo.

Here's a plan, though...take the 150,000+ troops out of Iraq and disperse them throughout the ports and border crossings here in our OWN country.

If a suit-case nuke even have the slightest possibility of being smuggled into the country, those 150,000 troops in Iraq aren't doing us any good.

It's simple. Close our front door, close our back door, and stand in front of it and challenge anyone trying to get in.

That hasn't even been done since 9/11, and instead we argue whether or not illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay, for fear of being considered "racist"...while we lambast Muslims. If just ONE of those illegal immigrants blows up a city, i'm holding every single American who supported keeping our attention on foreign nations, instead of our own soil, accountable.

My plan? I'm not running for office...i don't need a PLAN. I have an opinion, and i express it thanks to my 1st amendment right.

Honestly, I don't really think it's fixable at this point.

The slim hope i have is that there really are more people in government who care, but are just waiting for the status-quo to be even the slightest bit challenged before they act.

Better late then never as far as i'm concerned.

But you wouldn't understand that, since you apparently agree with the status-quo.

Here's a plan, though...take the 150,000+ troops out of Iraq and disperse them throughout the ports and border crossings here in our OWN country.

If a suit-case nuke even have the slightest possibility of being smuggled into the country, those 150,000 troops in Iraq aren't doing us any good.

It's simple. Close our front door, close our back door, and stand in front of it and challenge anyone trying to get in.

That hasn't even been done since 9/11, and instead we argue whether or not illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay, for fear of being considered "racist"...while we lambast Muslims. If just ONE of those illegal immigrants blows up a city, i'm holding every single American who supported keeping our attention on foreign nations, instead of our own soil, accountable.

Another whiney critic playing arm chair president---WAITING FOR THE STATUS QUO TO BE CHALLENGED ?????

Forum List

Back