Bush Comes to Aid of SS Agent

Well, that's probably more complex than you might have anticipated. At least that's what I thought at the time.

He could've gone to Canada, he clearly had no desire for actual combat with an enemy. He could've claimed religious dispute but he professed none at the time. He could've joined something other than an elitist unit that was immune from combat duty. He could've exempted himself from political intervention and prevented himself from jumping ahead of hundreds that had been placed on the roles before him. He could've protested an unfair and unrighteous war that was being propagated by individuals that professed otherwise. There are lots of things that he "could've" done but his choice was to avoid duty to America and his choice was duty unto himself. Maybe that's the American Way that I misunderstand. And that is what so many other Americans also fail to fully comprehend, IMHO.

Psychoblues said:
Well, that's probably more complex than you might have anticipated. At least that's what I thought at the time.

He could've gone to Canada, he clearly had no desire for actual combat with an enemy. He could've claimed religious dispute but he professed none at the time. He could've joined something other than an elitist unit that was immune from combat duty. He could've exempted himself from political intervention and prevented himself from jumping ahead of hundreds that had been placed on the roles before him. He could've protested an unfair and unrighteous war that was being propagated by individuals that professed otherwise. There are lots of things that he "could've" done but his choice was to avoid duty to America and his choice was duty unto himself. Maybe that's the American Way that I misunderstand. And that is what so many other Americans also fail to fully comprehend, IMHO.

What on earth are you smoking man? The President served honorably in the National Guard. he served his country. He volunteered to train in an aircraft that was highly needed in Vietnam and could have been deployed at any time. Not only that but he served his time and received an honorable discharge.

I suppose you believe courage is going to vietnam for a few months before running away after receiving a few scratches, abandoning your unit, then betraying them by accusing them of the war crimes and receiving a less than honorable discharge. Is that what true courage is? If so then i dont want any part of it. Id rather be called a coward for doing the first one than being called courages for being a coward.

Psychoblues:

It's interesting that you regard George Bush's decision to join the National Guard as an attempt to shirk his duty. I'll wager that many brave members of that distinguished branch - past and present - would take offense at such a statement.

President Bush's service record was so disgraceful that he signed Form 180. Can you think of any other recent aspirants to the job of Chief Executive who did as much?

Psychoblues said:

psycho want a cracker? No a parrot wouldn't repeat such bullshit .Maybe a ventriloquist's dummy with Michael Moore's fat , hairy finger up your azz directing what you write . Pathetic.

Psychoblues said:
We could've used that kind of courage from him during the Viet Nam era. Somehow he didn't give or show it.

Heeeeellllooooo! That had nothing to do with the story. Just pointing out a story that I thought was interesting. :whip:

Krissy,

Don't blame Psycho, he is still living in the 60's, time has passed this poor fellow by. I pity him. :cry:

Bonnie said:
Kerry would have needed a sumit meeting to make a decision

Perhaps he would have had the UN hold the SS guy untill a Global Test could be taken. :D

Or maybe he would have just insulted the guy and left him like he did on the ski hill in Idaho.

MtnBiker said:
Perhaps he would have had the UN hold the SS guy untill a Global Test could be taken. :D

Or maybe he would have just insulted the guy and left him like he did on the ski hill in Idaho.
:beer:

Forum List

Back