Bush AG: "No question" Obama has "obligation" to fill the seat

He has an obligation to nominate someone but the senate has no obligation to ratify a nominee

(I'm ba-a-a-ck!........:cool-45:......). And both positions are constitutionally sound.........so-o-o, it'll be a pleasure to watch liberal heads explode all year long as there will be no Obie appointment confirmation..........:rofl:.

No way anyone nominated will get 60 votes before the election
A guy who got 97 won't get 60? Good luck selling that.

Out of 54 Republicans
44 Democrats and 2 independents do you really think any nominee will get the required 60 votes for confirmation?
Yes, because it's fucking hard to explain how you voted against a man that last time got 97 of 97 votes.
No it's not

It's an election year that's why

Yeah, the Republican landslides have been because Chicago Jesus is not rubber stamped for everything he does.
Rubber-stamping means you actually offered to get out the stamps, and they are not. Up or Down? No vote and we will send a bunch of them packing.

Looks like someone needs a Waaahmbulance..........:laugh:........
Nope. I now have a key issue to take back the Senate with, and one less conservative vote of the Supreme Court. Happy days actually, if you can be happy about a man dying, and I'm not.
When will Obama nominate a conservative so we can get the process rolling?
They haven't promised that, either.
Link?

Appoint away.
Ain't gettn approved.
He will, and we'll see. Gonna be all kinds of hell to pay if they don't, starting with 12 GOP senators updating their resumes.
Yeah, the Republican landslides have been because Chicago Jesus is not rubber stamped for everything he does.
Rubber-stamping means you actually offered to get out the stamps, and they are not. Up or Down? No vote and we will send a bunch of them packing.

Nope. I now have a key issue to take back the Senate with, and one less conservative vote of the Supreme Court. Happy days actually, if you can be happy about a man dying, and I'm not.

Since when did you ever care the F about anyone dyin'?!?
I'm happy 'bout the fact the Democraps cannot do J-shit about the situation but throw stones during this election year of SCOTUS 4-4 votes.

He has an obligation to nominate someone but the senate has no obligation to ratify a nominee
No, they are required to consent, or not, which means a ----------------------------------------V O T E.

Good lord...are you STILL on this nonsense?
None of this is nonsense.

Seriously....us conservatives were forced to sit by and watch your side ram OBarrycare down the throats of the American people and now you're whining about the SCOTUS....

I don't know .....except that payback is a bitch, wouldn't you agree? :)
Obamacare was doing their job, not voting means they aren't.

You never whined when Obama and Kerry voted to filibuster the vote on Alito.
Ah, that's because they were ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------V O T I N G...
Earth to Leftard. A filibuster prevents a vote.
That was the goal but the GOP won't even let it get that far right now. And that was grandstanding, and you know it.
Link.
Do your own homework, for once.
You are lying.

Link?
It's all over the goddamned news. McConnell: No vote on Scalia replacement under Obama

Appoint away.
Ain't gettn approved.
He will, and we'll see. Gonna be all kinds of hell to pay if they don't, starting with 12 GOP senators updating their resumes.
You never whined when Obama and Kerry voted to filibuster the vote on Alito.
how did that work out?

Ah, that's because they were ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------V O T I N G...
Earth to Leftard. A filibuster prevents a vote.
That was the goal but the GOP won't even let it get that far right now. And that was grandstanding, and you know it.
Link.
Do your own homework, for once.
You are lying.
Fuck, you're stupid: McConnell: No vote on Scalia replacement under Obama

Link?
It's all over the goddamned news. McConnell: No vote on Scalia replacement under Obama
So what

Harry reid held up or flat out refused to bring lots of things to the floor of the senate for a vote

Turnabout is fair play

I'm happy 'bout the fact the Democraps cannot do J-shit about the situation but throw stones during this election year of SCOTUS 4-4 votes.
Great, be happy, while we use it to take back the Senate, and we will...

Link?
So what

Harry reid held up or flat out refused to bring lots of things to the floor of the senate for a vote

Turnabout is fair play
Those are bills, not Supreme Court appointments, dumbass.

Link?
So what

Turnabout is fair play
Doesn't matter

You don't think Reid would do the same thing if the roles were reversed?

If you do you're even more of a retard than I thought and that's saying something

If this situation was reversed, quite simply, the Democraps would be taking the same tack. But it isn't, they ain't, so they is hawg-tied!!!

So what

Turnabout is fair play
Doesn't matter

If you do you're even more of a retard than I thought and that's saying something
"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."
Mitch McConnell Voted To Confirm A Supreme Court Justice In Reagan's Final Year

If this situation was reversed, quite simply, the Democraps would be taking the same tack. But it isn't, they ain't, so they is hawg-tied!!!
"On Feb. 3, 1988, McConnell and literally every other GOP senator voted to confirm Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. This was during President Ronald Reagan's last year in the White House, and at a time when Democrats controlled the Senate. Kennedy was confirmed 97-0, with three Democrats -- Joe Biden, Al Gore and Paul Simon -- not voting at all because, presumably, they were busy running for president that year."

Obama voted to block the vote on Alito.
Karma is a bitch.

What's your point?

So what

Turnabout is fair play
Doesn't matter

Past performance is no guarantee of future results

Great, be happy, while we use it to take back the Senate, and we will...

Come now, you're squealing like a pig...............

The nomination was made the year before, and besides, that was a whole different political time and place.

Forum List

Back