Bush AG: "No question" Obama has "obligation" to fill the seat

He does.

And the Senate majority has an obligation - and a right - to its constituents to block unacceptable nominees,

what is so different about appointing a a SC Justice ?

if Obama does, the Right whines ..

if Obama doesn't, the right whines ..

How do we apply the lessons we learned from Roberts and Alito to be the next nominee, especially if—God forbid—there is another vacancy under this president? … [F]or the rest of this president’s term and if there is another Republican elected with the same selection criteria let me say this: We should reverse the presumption of confirmation. The Supreme Court is dangerously out of balance. We cannot afford to see Justice Stevens replaced by another Roberts, or Justice Ginsburg by another Alito. Given the track record of this president and the experience of obfuscation at the hearings—with respect to the Supreme Court, at least—I will recommend to my colleagues that we should not confirm a Supreme Court nominee except in extraordinary circumstances.

~~ Senator Charles Schumer, July 27, 2007

He does.

And the Senate majority has an obligation - and a right - to its constituents to block unacceptable nominees,

So long as they act with good intentions. As it stands, they are saying they will block anyone just cause it's obama .

And these are the same people who claim obama doesn't follow the constitution .
^^^^ that.

He does.

So long as they act with good intentions. As it stands, they are saying they will block anyone just cause it's obama .

We know that with Obama's tendency to go far left with everything he does, why should we expect anything less from his pick for a justice? He's probably going over the records of every liberal hack on the 9th Circuit because he knows that everyone thinks that circuit court is the all-time joke of jurisprudence in American history.

He does.

Yeah, and those people who claim Obama doesn't follow the Constitution are already sitting on the Supreme Court!

and the thing is.....kennedy and ginsberg will,i would think,be gone in the next four years,so the next one no matter whom it may be,will be putting two in place....

and the thing is.....kennedy and ginsberg will,i would think,be gone in the next four years,so the next one no matter whom it may be,will be putting two in place....

Your avatar reminds me. Have you seen the Daredevil trailer that was released this morning? Looks awesome. :thup:

He does.

Too funny. With any intent their constituents so demand.

Now tell us how they are not.

Your avatar reminds me. Have you seen the Daredevil trailer that was released this morning? Looks awesome. :thup:
yes i have.....i agree,this season should be pretty good.....

He does.

As long as Obama nominates a Conservative Italian American to fill the Scalia seat, it's all good. The People spoke and gave the Senate to Scalia's Party

He does.

So, block them, but they are required to vote and they are refusing to do that.

Where is a vote required? Show it.
"[The President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments."

Without a vote they can't do the Consent part.

He does.

As long as Obama nominates a Conservative Italian American to fill the Scalia seat, it's all good. The People spoke and gave the Senate to Scalia's Party
In reality he never had a party. It's not a partisan role.

Forum List

Back