Bush 41 rips Cheney and Rumsfeld

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Like we didn't see this coming

Bush 41 hits son's aides in new biography - CNNPolitics.com

An upcoming biography of former President George H.W. Bush contains harsh critical assessments by the 41st president of some of the top officials from his son's presidency.
The former president knocked former Vice President Dick Cheney and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to his biographer, Jon Meacham in interviews for "Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush," calling Cheney an "iron-ass" and labeling Rumsfeld "an arrogant fellow."

On Cheney:

Bush told Meacham he thought that the famously influential vice president carved out "his own empire" in the White House "and marched to his own drummer." Bush felt that Cheney, who served as defense secretary during his own administration, had changed as vice president. Cheney grew "very hard line" and "just iron-ass" in response to the attacks on 9-11 -- "very different from the Dick Cheney I knew and worked with," Meacham quotes Bush as saying.
But Bush also told his biographer that Cheney was "a good man" and that President George W. Bush had made a mistake by allowing him to "bring in kind of his own State Department."

On Rumsfeld

The 41st president was decidedly more critical of Rumsfeld in his conversations with Meacham. Bush charged that the former defense secretary "served the president badly" and was an "arrogant fellow." He also said of Rumsfeld in interviews for the biography: "There's a lack of humility, a lack of seeing what the other guy thinks. He's more kick ass and take names, take numbers. I think he paid a price for that."
But Bush 41 didn't absolve Bush 43 of all fault, directing some criticism toward his son as well. He told Meacham that he still supports his son's decision to invade Iraq, calling the ouster and capture of Saddam Hussein "proud moments." But he said in interviews that he does "worry about some of the rhetoric that was out there" and suggested that "hot rhetoric is pretty easy to get headlines, but it doesn't necessarily solve the diplomatic problem."

Like we didn't see this coming

Bush 41 hits son's aides in new biography - CNNPolitics.com

An upcoming biography of former President George H.W. Bush contains harsh critical assessments by the 41st president of some of the top officials from his son's presidency.
The former president knocked former Vice President Dick Cheney and former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to his biographer, Jon Meacham in interviews for "Destiny and Power: The American Odyssey of George Herbert Walker Bush," calling Cheney an "iron-ass" and labeling Rumsfeld "an arrogant fellow."

Mein Gott! How will they ever live with that?

The best part of W's presidency was after the November 2008 elections when he finally told Cheney to go fuck himself. It was like he finally realized "What have I been doing"?

He started to listen to Paulson on how to fix the economy and passed TARP and began providing stimulus

Cheney fumed on the sidelnes

The best part of W's presidency was after the November 2008 elections when he finally told Cheney to go fuck himself. It was like he finally realized "What have I been doing"?

He started to listen to Paulson on how to fix the economy and passed TARP and began providing stimulus

"The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008."

You make it so easy to laugh at you.

"The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008."

?

WuerkM20151104_low.jpg

I wonder if the liberal love of H.W will continue should he rip Hillary in the upcoming election?

I would fully expect him to

I still admire GHW Bush...he is a good friend of Bill Clinton

Simpletons like yourself are easily amused.

All bush Sr will be known for is a one term president "read my lips" typical lying progressive career politician with no spine.
Cowardly in the first order..

41 is a one world government guy, really dilusional in every sense of the word.

"Read my lips, no new taxes" is his legacy and why he was a one term cowardly loser...
Funny how the truth of a mans character follows him to the end...

"Read my lips, no new taxes" is his legacy and why he was a one term cowardly loser...

Good god....another NWO freak

Good god....another NWO freak
I know 41 is an NWO freak, a progressive coward.
It makes you wonder where people like 41 come up with an dilusional idea like NWO and thinking it is the right thing for this country??

HW is the personification of the progressive compassionate conservative movement, but coward? no way. His only mistake was caving in to the liberals on the hill by increasing taxes so they would approve and support his coalition movement to free Kuwait.

Forum List

Back