Budget Approved

Walter just can't seem to be able to play nice with other kids. Everytime he doesn't get his way he throws a tantrum.

If anyone else is interested to see why RGS went into a hissy fit because his statement that Bush was "spending a third what Obama is spending" was challenged, let me know, I'll be happy to show with cites to US Govt sources proving his statement is totally false and not even close to being correct.

Is that all you EVER have to talk about? Why don't you try addressing the ACTUAL issue of the outrageous budget and the deficit that will result? Do you support this spending and the deficit that will result from it? Put it in black and white and quit picking on assinine talking points.

Don't you read my posts? I talk about lots of stuff.

Do I support Obama's budgets because of the deficit? For this year to stimulate the economy yes. In a recession deficit spending has justification. Not when the economy is doing well.

Do I support Obama's budget running deficits after the economy is on its feet? No. He needs to cut spending and increase taxes to balance the budget.

You're just going to propose that he cuts all the programs that he just started with this massive spending once the economy is 'back on its feet'? How do you unbreak an egg, exactly? Do you even have any clue how much of the GDP the health industry is?

If I may, I refer you to my final "talking point":

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/75343-budget-approved-2.html#post1188786

I presume that these are a few of those "very smart and knowledgeable people" to which you referred. They, however, have a problem with this budget.

I didn't mean to imply that all smart and knowledgeable people agree that fiscal stimulus is warranted during a recession. But many do. The concept of using fiscal stimulus in a recession is hardly new or radical.

But I did look at your cite; it seems to address more the budget process than the stimulus spending.

You better hope like hell that your so called 'experts' are right.

Of course, we all should. Don't you want the economy to recover too?

Sorry, you are not "anyone else". When you can play with the other kids without throwing tantrums you can come back and I'll play.

But till then I'll show anyone else why RGS' statement was completely wrong, if interested.

Yeah, he inadvertantly said 'spending' instead of deficit the first time he mentioned it, you got a real 'gotchya' there. You're such an idiot. :lol:

Speaking of idiots, why don't you tell everyone about how you learned that Obama wasn't TRIPLING spending like you had claimed.

Not from you asshole. :lol:

Why don't you provide a link back to that discussion and to the articles that I provided where it was clear that I was speaking of the deficit, just like it was clear in this case that he meant deficit and inadvertantly said 'spending'. But, like all good little liberals that's what you zero in on because you don't have anything else of substance to contribute to the discussion.

You're on record as supporing this massive spending, that's says enough about you as it is.

Last edited:
The reason is that many very smart and knowledgeable people, including those in both the recent Republican and current Democratic administrations, have made it very clear that the economy is in danger of tanking into a major recession or depresseion, and that massive fiscal stimulus is both warranted and necessary to prevent it from being much worse.

You may not for whatever reason agree with that proposition, but that's the reason.

I presume that these are a few of those "very smart and knowledgeable people" to which you referred. They, however, have a problem with this budget.

I didn't mean to imply that all smart and knowledgeable people agree that fiscal stimulus is warranted during a recession. But many do. The concept of using fiscal stimulus in a recession is hardly new or radical.

But I did look at your cite; it seems to address more the budget process than the stimulus spending.

Uhhh.... The thread IS about the approval of the budget.... albeit the stimulus spending must be appropriated somewhere, right? Or are you going to claim that spending isn't being budgeted for?

Is that all you EVER have to talk about? Why don't you try addressing the ACTUAL issue of the outrageous budget and the deficit that will result? Do you support this spending and the deficit that will result from it? Put it in black and white and quit picking on assinine talking points.

Do I support Obama's budgets because of the deficit? For this year to stimulate the economy yes. In a recession deficit spending has justification. Not when the economy is doing well.

Do I support Obama's budget running deficits after the economy is on its feet? No. He needs to cut spending and increase taxes to balance the budget.

You're just going to propose that he cuts all the programs that he just started with this massive spending once the economy is 'back on its feet'? How do you unbreak an egg, exactly? Do you even have any clue how much of the GDP the health industry is?

Some of the spending is not long term. For example, I believe about 1/3 of the stimulus package is actually tax cuts that are effective this year only.

There are certainly other areas where IMO spending can be cut significantly.

No, I don't know how much of GDP is for the heatlh industry. How much?

I do know that seniors are already covered by national health care, as are the poorer under Medicaid. I've read that 90% of a person's heath care costs are typically incurred in the last 6 months of life. If that is the case, covering everyone under a health care system shouldn't cost that much more than we are paying now. It wouldn't surprise me if you cut the insurance companies out of the equation overall costs relative to GDP might decrease.

You better hope like hell that your so called 'experts' are right.

Of course, we all should. Don't you want the economy to recover too?

And this is the only way that it's going to recover, huh? Head in the sand all the way. :lol:

3.4 trillion that we don't have.

This is without a doubt the most irrisponsible US Government in history.

Instead of repairing the economy that act as if it was 30 years ago and the dollars are flowwing in, and spend hand over fist.

I'm litterally shocked that a government would do this.

Anyone from this point that claims the GoP is worse are automatic morons, nothing they have ever done has topped this.

The reason is that many very smart and knowledgeable people, including those in both the recent Republican and current Democratic administrations, have made it very clear that the economy is in danger of tanking into a major recession or depresseion, and that massive fiscal stimulus is both warranted and necessary to prevent it from being much worse.

You may not for whatever reason agree with that proposition, but that's the reason.

... idiots ...

Ignored. Come back when you can play like a good boy.

Some of the spending is not long term. For example, I believe about 1/3 of the stimulus package is actually tax cuts that are effective this year only.

There are certainly other areas where IMO spending can be cut significantly.

No, I don't know how much of GDP is for the heatlh industry. How much?

I do know that seniors are already covered by national health care, as are the poorer under Medicaid. I've read that 90% of a person's heath care costs are typically incurred in the last 6 months of life. If that is the case, covering everyone under a health care system shouldn't cost that much more than we are paying now. It wouldn't surprise me if you cut the insurance companies out of the equation overall costs relative to GDP might decrease.

If that's the case, then why does health care need to be nationalized to begin with? You're implying that it basically already is. It's apparent from your comments that you know very little on the topic.

... idiots ...

Like I give a shit that you ignore my posts. :lol: And I'll come back whenever I damn well please, typical empty headed Obamatron thinking that they can tell everyone else how to run their lives and what to do.

Yeah, he inadvertantly said 'spending' instead of deficit the first time he mentioned it, you got a real 'gotchya' there. You're such an idiot. :lol:

Speaking of idiots, why don't you tell everyone about how you learned that Obama wasn't TRIPLING spending like you had claimed.

... asshole...

Ignored.

But on the off chance that anyone else cares to see the thread where Newby went on for pages about how stupid I was for challenging his assertion about how Obama had TRIPLED spending, I'll provide it. He's been pouting ever since I proved him wrong.

... asshole...

Ignored.

But on the off chance that anyone else cares to see the thread where Newby went on for pages about how stupid I was for challenging his assertion about how Obama had TRIPLED spending, I'll provide it. He's been pouting ever since I proved him wrong.

You're not only an asshole and an idiot, you're also a liar. I was talking about the deficit, just as what I posted indicated, so please do provide it.

Uhhh.... The thread IS about the approval of the budget.... albeit the stimulus spending must be appropriated somewhere, right? Or are you going to claim that spending isn't being budgeted for?

Fair enough -- the post you responded to had been addressing the deficit spending this year which is caused in big part by the stimulus bill.

... asshole...

Ignored.

You're not only an asshole and an idiot, you're also a liar. I was talking about the deficit, just as what I posted indicated, so please do provide it.

Sorry. You're not anyone else. Come back if you can act like an adult.

Like I give a shit that you ignore my posts. :lol: And I'll come back whenever I damn well please, typical empty headed Obamatron thinking that they can tell everyone else how to run their lives and what to do.

Suit yourself.

There ya go. You really need to work on the apparent incessant need to control everyone else's lives. :lol:

Ignored.

Sorry. You're not anyone else. Come back if you can act like an adult.

I'm more of an adult than you'll ever hope to be. I'm responsible for myself and don't look to the government to provide everything I need, I don't need other people's money to get by in life, which apparently you do. And for someone who admonished me for using 'she' and 'her' when referring to you, you don't have any problem making assumptions yourself I see.

Dude, seriously, get a life.

You don't need to answer every post in every thread, you have reached the point where people won't even read your stuff because you over saturate.

I don't need you to hand me the idiot justifacations these morons use for their out of control behavior, i heard it all before.

Stop trying to be the focal point of every thread, state your opinion and move on, surprisingly, we get along just fine without you trying to explain every postion someone is against.

Fair enough -- the post you responded to had been addressing the deficit spending this year which is caused in big part by the stimulus bill.

I see.... So now the claim is that "the deficit spending is all the stimulus' fault" (more or less anyway).

One more time, back to the previous post referred to:

The budget resolution is a nonbinding document that does not enact policy, but establishes rules for much of the legislation that will be considered in the coming months. It sets limits for spending on most existing government programs and permits lawmakers to pursue certain additional initiatives so long as they do not increase the deficit.
washingtonpost.com

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that means that the stimulus (an existing government program) is subject to limits -- in other words, there are budget constraints that affect the amount of stimulus spending that can take place. Correct?

You don't need to answer every post in every thread, you have reached the point where people won't even read your stuff because you over saturate.

I don't need you to hand me the idiot justifacations these morons use for their out of control behavior, i heard it all before.

Stop trying to be the focal point of every thread, state your opinion and move on, surprisingly, we get along just fine without you trying to explain every postion someone is against.

Sorry. You made a post and I responded with a comment about a subject I wanted to state my opinion. There are lots of threads I don't participate in. Most I don't. If my posts bother you or you don't think they are worth reading don't read them, or put me on ignore.

And explain that it is "ignoring" someone, or how someone neg repped them, or someone *gasp* cussed....OHHHHHH the DRAMA of it all.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back