Budget Approved

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DamnYankee, Apr 30, 2009.

1. DamnYankee

DamnYankee No Neg Policy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441
    I suppose this could just as easily have been posted in the Finance forum, but let's see where it goes.

washingtonpost.com

Congress Approves Obama's $3.4 Trillion Spending Blueprint
    (By Lori Montgomery, The Washington Post)

The Democratically controlled Congress yesterday easily approved a $3.4 trillion spending plan, setting the stage for President Obama to pursue the first major overhaul of the nation's health-care system in a generation along with other far-reaching domestic initiatives.

Despite a persistent recession and soaring budget deficits, Democrats overwhelmingly endorsed the president's request for hundreds of billions of dollars in new spending over the next decade for college loans, early childhood education programs, veterans' benefits and investments in renewable energy aimed at reducing the nation's dependence on foreign oil.

Lawmakers also agreed to use a powerful procedural tool known as reconciliation to advance the president's proposal to expand health coverage for the uninsured -- a move that ensures Republicans would not be able to filibuster the legislation. Unlike in 1993, when then-President Bill Clinton unveiled a universal coverage plan that went nowhere on Capitol Hill, Obama has a strong mandate for change from both chambers of Congress and a mid-October deadline for key congressional committees to send legislation to the full House and Senate.

[Please follow copyright guidelines so you don't lose you talking points.]

Nice that the very ethical Rangel found the question so amusing....

P.S. If I screwed-up the "size", I apologize in advance....

2. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,629
    TheHill.com

listen to steny and nancy and harry bitch about republicans,, I wouldn't blame the republicans if they pissed in their coffee whining little freaky assholes.

TheHill.com

3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    What a shock.. the doe eyed DEMs overwhelmingly supported it

What a dark, dark, day for our country....

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Yes, end of the world stuff.

The nerve of those damned Dems supporting college loans, early childhood education programs, veterans' benefits and investments in renewable energy aimed at reducing the nation's dependence on foreign oil.

Why it's almost like they WANT this nation to survive intact or something.

Selfless bastards!

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,629
    selfless whining bastards ,,, I hate that bony finger waving bitch..

they whine cause now they don't have the Republicans to blame,, I love it.. the party of no stuck by their principles and the party of no principles and tax evaders are pissed off. wheeee another day in DUmbdum!

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Selfless with other people's money... typical

And lest we not forget.. just because a group of people WANT something, does not mean it is someone else's responsibility

And if you think this is more about Vet's benefits increases or school for minors, you are SADLY mistaken

4.3 TRILLION... you could give every student new textbooks, school uniforms, school meals, shiny new buses to ride on, and every vet every health procedure they could possibly need... and you won't even make a dent

No, edit... this is about wasteful spending, trying to hand out more unearned entitlements, pet projects, and expanding the tendrils of the federal government

And to think we could not survive without the DEMs telling us what is best for us and taking care of our personal needs... what a fucking laugh

7. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,918
    Exactly HOW much of this budget is DEFICIT? Remind us again how Bush was bad for spending a third what Obama is spending. You people are as dumb as rocks.

Go ahead explain again how THIS deficit spending is good cause you happen to like it. And in a couple years when taxes are around 60 percent or more remember YOU DUMB ASSES WANTED it.

When we are so deep in inflation that you need a wheel barrel to carry the cash to the store for a loaf of bread, remind us how THIS spending was GOOD for the Country.

When health care eats up more and more of the Budget and we get bigger and bigger deficits remind us all how THIS plan was just GREAT.

FUCKING MORONS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. DamnYankee

DamnYankee No Neg Policy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441
    Editec:
    The nerve of those damned Dems supporting college loans, early childhood education programs, veterans' benefits and investments in renewable energy aimed at reducing the nation's dependence on foreign oil.

Why it's almost like they WANT this nation to survive intact or something.

Selfless bastards!

Did you bother to read the OP, or are you merely having a knee-jerk reaction to poster commentary? YOUR commentary indicates the latter....

Here's a challenge for you. Tell me/us how your commentary is remotely related to the emphasized [and editorialized] points in the OP. You up to it?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Allie, what makes you think I have to follow anyone down their obvious ratholes?

My comment was aimed at the fact that people are complaining about the GOOD things that come along with this bill.

If you read my many posts on this subject you'll realize that I am not entirely thrilled with many of the provisions of this bailout...often for exactly the same reason our libertarian chums aren't, FYI.

But those monies spent on things with which I agree are ALSO part of the plan, are they not?

10. Iriemon

Iriemon VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99
    For us dumb rocks, please provide a source for your claim that Bush was spending a third of what Obama is.

This dumb rock thinks you are totally wrong, and your total misconception of fact may be what causes you to think everyone else is dumb.

But you can prove what dumb rocks we are by citing to source that shows Obama is spending three times more than Bush.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dumb rocks.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009