Brooklyn Speed Camera - 1551 Tickets In One Day - $77,550 - Yay Yay I Love It

And? Just because people get speed tickets, does not mean that it made the road 'safer', unless you honestly believe that fines offer an effective deterrent to someone who would drive at a dangerous speed, camera or not.

Absolutely do. Near my home in Coronado, ca, summer 2013 we had a record number of accidents and near misses on our 'main drag.' This summer 2014 with heavy police presents we had zero accidents and near misses. The really good part is that there were so many citations issued it paid for the added police!

As if a criminal in a car chase is going to slow down because there is a red light or a speed camera.

I believe that anyone that runs from the police needs to be jailed forever. These folks have no regard for anyone else but themselves.

Oh, and you STILL haven't answered ... in America, when did the burden of proof shift from the state to the defendant? That you refuse to answer is very telling.

In the first place when are you going to LEARN HOW TO DELETE??? Your threads always contain comments from ten other people.

Now to answer your question - Since the penalty is only a fine not a prison term, this is not really a criminal matter and the rules of evidence are not as strict. THINK
You actually didn't answer my question. Even in a civil case, the prosecution has the burden of proof. That doesn't magically evaporate simply because it's a traffic violation.

[
So the story is;

Your car received a ticket.

You don't know who was driving your car.

The ticket was thrown out.

The ticket is not thrown out. You still have to pay the fine. They don't have to prove you were driving.
In my case, the ticket was thrown out. As far as the state not having to prove who's driving, you're right in the sense that many states passed laws stating camera initiated tickets can be written against the owner of the vehicle. Those are the laws I contend are unconstitutional.

[
So the story is;

Your car received a ticket.

You don't know who was driving your car.

The ticket was thrown out.

The ticket is not thrown out. You still have to pay the fine. They don't have to prove you were driving.

According to Faun, who thinks he's the Messiah it was.
Mine was. I wanted to go to court because I wanted to test the law's constitutionality. I followed the instructions that came with the ticket and didn't mail it in. Doing that was supposed to result in the county notifying me within 60 days of the court date. After that period expired with no notice, I contacted the DMV to inquire about the status of the ticket. To my disappointment, they informed me there were no tickets on my record and my license was in good standing.

[Yep, bet few in this thread have never heard of the autobahn either,
The autobahn was built by the nazis
Nuclear weapons led to the development of nuclear power? Your point? Just because infrastructure projects were developed by x regime is irrelevant. By your own logic, everything in America that just happened to be built by slaves was evil.

Hold on, what about the White House, by your logic because it was built by slaves it is morally questionable to use it: Blacks in the White House Slavery and service - politics - White House NBC News
[...]Slaves not only helped build the White House, but also for decades men and women in bondage served America's presidents and first families as butlers, cooks and maids.[...]
And that is just the start, there are plenty more US infrastructure projects originally built by slaves.

Last edited:
Probably depends on the area, but I got a ticket in Louisiana last summer, just showed up in the mail one day, said I ran a red light, hell maybe I did maybe I didn't honestly. Was there on vacation, may have done so.

Anyway, I got to looking at the ticket and it was not from a government agency, it was from some private company out in AZ. I threw that ticket in the trash. The penalty? They reported it to the credit bureau LOL big deal.

You laugh now, but wait until the State of Louisiana wants payment and offers your state a percentage for collection. You're going to receive an unhappy surprise when you try to register your vehicle.....probably 2-3 times the original fine. Pay the ticket.

I think not. I've licensed three vehicles since then. and renewed my DL. There are no violations on my record. A private entity can't fine me. I mean sure they can HOPE I'll pay , but lol.

Probably depends on the area, but I got a ticket in Louisiana last summer, just showed up in the mail one day, said I ran a red light, hell maybe I did maybe I didn't honestly. Was there on vacation, may have done so.

Anyway, I got to looking at the ticket and it was not from a government agency, it was from some private company out in AZ. I threw that ticket in the trash. The penalty? They reported it to the credit bureau LOL big deal.

You laugh now, but wait until the State of Louisiana wants payment and offers your state a percentage for collection. You're going to receive an unhappy surprise when you try to register your vehicle.....probably 2-3 times the original fine. Pay the ticket.

I think not. I've licensed three vehicles since then. and renewed my DL. There are no violations on my record. A private entity can't fine me. I mean sure they can HOPE I'll pay , but lol.

You broke the law and may not have to pay. Good lesson to teach your kids, but be ready, the State of Louisiana has seven years to find you.

Those are currently under review, as to their legality. Generally they're unconstitutional when challenged.

Traffic law 'turning point'? Ohio judge rules speed cameras violate rights
Traffic law turning point Ohio judge rules speed cameras violate rights Fox News

U.S. Supreme Court Could Outlaw All Red Light Cameras
U.S. Supreme Court Could Outlaw All Red Light Cameras The Informer Los Angeles Los Angeles News and Events LA Weekly

Not gonna happen. Even if you had a good argument, it wouldn't matter. Affirmative action brazenly violates the 14th amendment of "equal protection" but the court says AA is ok. The SC does as it pleases. THINK

You broke the law and may not have to pay. Good lesson to teach your kids, but be ready, the State of Louisiana has seven years to find you.

The State of Louisiana isn't looking for me dope. Are you not understanding English here? The ticket was written by a PRIVATE company . They have no authority to do anything, except turn it into the credit bureaus, which they already have.

3 Private Companies Making Money from Red Light Tickets The World Justice Project

The State of Louisiana isn't looking for me dope. Are you not understanding English here? The ticket was written by a PRIVATE company . They have no authority to do anything, except turn it into the credit bureaus, which they already have.

3 Private Companies Making Money from Red Light Tickets The World Justice Project

The private company is a contractor for the state. The state is the payee.

[
Seeing as you would love to dictate what people can people can have and do, it should be right up your alley.

I hate telling people what to do. But when their actions endanger me, i have no choice. THINK

The private company is a contractor for the state. The state is the payee.

Incorrect again.When you pay the ticket, you make your payment to the private company who then pays the state a small portion. Explain again how nothing happens to you when you don't pay. I wasn't summoned to court, I wasn't arrested, I wasn't suspended from driving, they dinged my credit rating. Big deal.

Incorrect again.When you pay the ticket, you make your payment to the private company who then pays the state a small portion. Explain again how nothing happens to you when you don't pay. I wasn't summoned to court, I wasn't arrested, I wasn't suspended from driving, they dinged my credit rating. Big deal.

Again, a private contractor who collects funds for the state. The state is the payee. You will pay, it's just a matter of time.

Again, a private contractor who collects funds for the state. The state is the payee. You will pay, it's just a matter of time.

Yes You Can Still Ignore That Red-Light Camera Ticket The Informer Los Angeles Los Angeles News and Events LA Weekly

Yes You Can Still Ignore That Red-Light Camera Ticket The Informer Los Angeles Los Angeles News and Events LA Weekly

That's Los Angeles, not Louisiana. Pay your bill.

Forum List

Back