BREAKING: US-Aiir jet crashes into Hudson River near NYC

On MSNBC right now.

More: It's a USAir small jet, can seat about I'd say 100 or so people. It is actually kind of FLOATING in the Hudson River. It did not break apart. There are boats and rescue water craft near the jet rescuing passengers. This is AMAZING video. The pilot must have done an AMAZING job landing the craft in the water without the plane breaking apart. If no one was hurt or killed in the initial crash, I can't see how anyone could die from this at all. This is GREAT work by the NYPD and by the USAirways pilot.

146 passengers on board. 5 crew. Pilot reported some kind of strike.. it hit a bird. Took off from LaGuardia.

The jet is completely submerged in the icy cold waters of the Hudson river. NYC reporters are really shaky, crying. WABC's anchor is crying. Very vivid memories of 9/11.

r-PLANE-huge.jpg

Did everyone get out?

It looks like the pilot did a good job of landing the plane in the water after hitting a flock of geese during takeoff from La Guardia. The plane's exterior does not show a lot of damage, and although it has gone beneath the surface, it looks like they are undertaking a rescue effort to get people off as fast as possible.

West Side Highway shut down. Cross town routes shut down. NYC is completely prepared for this. The effeciency and organization that they are reporting is absolutely incredible. This could really save lives if there are lives, hopefully, to save. They're reporting that the plane hit a bird big enough to show up on the radar.

Eyewitness says the pilot used the Hudson River as a runway. It was a miraculous landing according to eyewitnesses. This pilot is a HERO. I don't know how many lives he saved... but the chances of survival because of this pilot sound much much greater. People were scared about the plane's altitude because they thought about another 9/11.

It looks like the pilot did a good job of landing the plane in the water after hitting a flock of geese during takeoff from La Guardia. The plane's exterior does not show a lot of damage, and although it has gone beneath the surface, it looks like they are undertaking a rescue effort to get people off as fast as possible.
They said it is good he landed in the water and they just said everyone is out of the plane!

Forum List

Back