Breaking: Senate Votes Down Broad Obamacare Repeal (57-43 vote)

I've always had employee medical coverage. The part of Obamacare that has been used as an excuse for higher medical insurance cost where I worked (now retired) was preparing for Obamacare's "Cadillac tax". Those companies that provided top notch employee health benefit would be taxed. Thus the company to prepare for that event passed more of the insurance cost on to us employees to avoid that situation.

I notice that all plans, including the one passed by the House earlier this year retain the "Cadillac tax". They do push its implementation back 5 years. I see they'll eliminate the tax for being uninsured. For those earning $200,000 or more also eliminated are the Obamacare tax on investments and the additional 0.9% payroll tax.

Oh boy, seven Senators will be declared dead by Trump because they did not vote to fuck a bunch of Americans out of their insurance.

"Their" health insurance? I'm paying for the deadbeats its mine.
There is no way to avoid paying for "deadbeats" in any western health system.
. True, but was Obama's care the answer ?? Think about that one, and then let it sink in. We need a bipartisan bill, and we need it yesterday. The government not coming together on this is just outright crazy, but it just shows us about the dam war that's taking place, and we are caught in the middle of it. Time for the government to work for us again, and the swamp needs drained quick fast and in a hurry.

Obamacare could easily be fixed. Why are they trying so hard to repeal the entire program when it is so close to what we need?

Leftards suck so bad at math, it isn't funny anymore.

I can't afford my own insurance, and you can't afford yours....

But we can both pay a bloated government bureaucracy a small amount out of every paycheck and not only will that bureaucracy provide insurance for all of us. . . it will have enough left over for never ending expansive buildings, vehicles, utilities (power and lights) , computers, employees and THEIR healthcare, vacations, retirement benefits, etc. . . All from that little bitty amount taken from your paycheck that was NOT enough for you to buy your own heathcare for yourself.

But, hey! We are ONLY 20 TRILLION dollars in debt! What could possibly go wrong with adding another 10 Trillion to that?
The cost of our health care system is hidden in the cost of every single thing you buy. Why do you not want to seek efficiency in something that is basically a tax already? You cannot avoid paying for the health care of others in some way. If there is a way to cut these costs by making a more streamlined and standardized health system why should we not explore that?

I've always had employee medical coverage. The part of Obamacare that has been used as an excuse for higher medical insurance cost where I worked (now retired) was preparing for Obamacare's "Cadillac tax". Those companies that provided top notch employee health benefit would be taxed. Thus the company to prepare for that event passed more of the insurance cost on to us employees to avoid that situation.

I notice that all plans, including the one passed by the House earlier this year retain the "Cadillac tax". They do push its implementation back 5 years. I see they'll eliminate the tax for being uninsured. For those earning $200,000 or more also eliminated are the Obamacare tax on investments and the additional 0.9% payroll tax.

Your company is screwing you, not ACA.

Caddy tax not going into effect until 2020 and mean while they are pocketing the savings on skimpier coverage that costs them less.

But, hey! We are ONLY 20 TRILLION dollars in debt! What could possibly go wrong with adding another 10 Trillion to that?

Except ACA doesn't add to debt (let alone add 10 trillion!) long term because it PAYS-FOR it's spending.

Any other bullshit?

Joseph Antos,@joeantosJames C. Capretta
September 9, 2016 | Investor's Business Daily

SHAREMark as favorite
https://www.aei.org/publication/obamacare-will-increase-federal-debt-not-reduce-it/
Obamacare will increase federal debt, not reduce it

The president has mostly avoided talking about the federal budget during his time in office, but he did promise that the Affordable Care Act — ObamaCare — would help lower deficits in the short and long term. CBO backed him up on this claim in 2010, estimating that the deficit would be reduced by 0.5% to 1.0% of GDP over the medium term. But the agency’s new forecast shows why the law is more likely to make the deficit worse, not better.

Keep Melting, Snowflake, Your tears are sweet and tasty.

Oh boy, seven Senators will be declared dead by Trump because they did not vote to fuck a bunch of Americans out of their insurance.

. True, but was Obama's care the answer ?? Think about that one, and then let it sink in. We need a bipartisan bill, and we need it yesterday. The government not coming together on this is just outright crazy, but it just shows us about the dam war that's taking place, and we are caught in the middle of it. Time for the government to work for us again, and the swamp needs drained quick fast and in a hurry.

ACA reform IS bipartisan.

1. Republicans at Heritage conceived the framework in the 90s as an alternative to Clinton's healthcare reform.
2. Republican Mitt Romney signed and implemented it into law in his state while guys like Gingrich touted it as a blueprint for the country.
3. Democrats delivered that very blueprint to the country.

Let those facts sink in.
. ACA was full of lies in which made people regret they ever capitualated to the Demon-crats on the issue. Let that sink in.

No. The right wing was full of lies about the ACA. The ACA is not perfect, but it can easily be fixed. The right has no idea about how to make a suitable healthcare bill.

1. Republicans at Heritage conceived the framework in the 90s as an alternative to Clinton's healthcare reform.
2. Republican Mitt Romney signed and implemented it into law in his state while guys like Gingrich touted it as a blueprint for the country.

Let those facts sink in.
. ACA was full of lies in which made people regret they ever capitualated to the Demon-crats on the issue. Let that sink in.

I have trouble absorbing bullshit.

What lies are in Affordable Care Act and how is Romney's healthcare reform different?
. You can keep your doctor excetra, excetra.

Except ACA doesn't add to debt (let alone add 10 trillion!) long term because it PAYS-FOR it's spending.

Any other bullshit?

SHAREMark as favorite

The president has mostly avoided talking about the federal budget during his time in office, but he did promise that the Affordable Care Act — ObamaCare — would help lower deficits in the short and long term. CBO backed him up on this claim in 2010, estimating that the deficit would be reduced by 0.5% to 1.0% of GDP over the medium term. But the agency’s new forecast shows why the law is more likely to make the deficit worse, not better.

Bullshit, you claimed 10 trillion dollar debt from ACA.

There are going to be disagreements about 25+ year projections base don what will happen with the law going forward, but that massive debt effect you simply made up.

Leftards suck so bad at math, it isn't funny anymore.

I can't afford my own insurance, and you can't afford yours....

But we can both pay a bloated government bureaucracy a small amount out of every paycheck and not only will that bureaucracy provide insurance for all of us. . . it will have enough left over for never ending expansive buildings, vehicles, utilities (power and lights) , computers, employees and THEIR healthcare, vacations, retirement benefits, etc. . . All from that little bitty amount taken from your paycheck that was NOT enough for you to buy your own heathcare for yourself.

The cost of our health care system is hidden in the cost of every single thing you buy. Why do you not want to seek efficiency in something that is basically a tax already? You cannot avoid paying for the health care of others in some way. If there is a way to cut these costs by making a more streamlined and standardized health system why should we not explore that?

This gets to the fundamental difference between libtardz and conservatives. We all seek efficiency and better care for the money. Conservatives (myself included) know that the free market and competition between health care providers is the best way to drive those costs down and to keep those costs down. . . Leftards (for reasons I will never understand) actually think that having the fucking GOVERNMENT that has managed to land us with a 20 TRILLION dollar debt is the best system to "manage" those costs and standards.

Bah!

Rigghhhht.

Any other bullshit?

SHAREMark as favorite

Bullshit, you claimed 10 trillion dollar debt from ACA.

There are going to be disagreements about 25+ year projections base don what will happen with the law going forward, but that massive debt effect you simply made up.

Google the word "sarcasm" fucktard.

Let those facts sink in.

What lies are in Affordable Care Act and how is Romney's healthcare reform different?

Show me where in ACA it states that you will keep your doctor.

Conservative fools keep using this line as if doctor or insurance turnover was invented by ACA. It certainly wasn't and few of Obama's false promises don't reflect on law's actual merits.

You know what's REALLY going to cause people to lose their doctor and insurance? REPEALING OF ACA.

Let those facts sink in.

Conservative fools keep using this line as if doctor or insurance turnover was invented by ACA. It certainly wasn't and few of Obama's false promises don't reflect on law's actual merits.

You know what's REALLY going to cause people to lose their doctor and insurance? REPEALING OF ACA.

Let those facts sink in.

OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.

I know you call it Obamacare, but it still is does NOT make it conflatable with Obama the person. Obama saying something DOES NOT change the law.

OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.

I know you call it Obamacare, but it still is does NOT make it conflatable with Obama the person.

OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.

I know you call it Obamacare, but it still is does NOT make it conflatable with Obama the person.

This is how it was marketed and SOLD to the sheeple.

OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.
OBAMA IS NOT ACA.

How the law was sold ALSO doesn't change what the law IS. It can't refute it's merits.

"Obama (or whoever) said X, therefore this law is bad" is a dumbass argument.

Forum List

Back