BREAKING: School shooting in Arizona

Here we go again.

Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in university shooting in Ariz.
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Officials say one person is dead and three others are wounded following an early morning shooting at Northern Arizona University

School public relations director Cindy Brown says the suspected shooter is in custody.

She says the first police call about the gunfire came in at 1:20 a.m. PDT Friday.

The shooting occurred in a parking lot outside Mountainview Hall dormitory at the northeast side of the Flagstgaff campus.

Brown says she doesn't know what caused the shooting and also didn't have any details about the suspect and victims, their conditions and whether they are students.

No other details were immediately available.

NAU plays a major role in the northern Arizona city of Flagstaff.

Well that is too bad.

Meanwhile in Chicago.....

Crime in Chicago -- Chicago Tribune

God forbid inner city violence makes it to white Progressive upwardly socially mobile universities. Obama will problaby have another stroke.

Predictable asshole.

What is predictable? That every damn week in cities like Chicago or Baltimore....we'll have 20 or so people shot, 5-10 killed....and the lefties and media just say "ho hum....nothing to see here". But....happens in a white suburb and OUTRAGE!!!

Guess suburban white lives matter more to you lefties than inner city black ones right?

It isnt news worthy because black people are expected to behave badly. Its shocking when white kids kill people because, its so rare.

That's just crap. This is almost the same as saying...All whites will be a mass shooter. Is that fair to say? Even if its rare... Is that acceptable?

Well that is too bad.

Meanwhile in Chicago.....

Crime in Chicago -- Chicago Tribune

God forbid inner city violence makes it to white Progressive upwardly socially mobile universities. Obama will problaby have another stroke.

Predictable asshole.

What is predictable? That every damn week in cities like Chicago or Baltimore....we'll have 20 or so people shot, 5-10 killed....and the lefties and media just say "ho hum....nothing to see here". But....happens in a white suburb and OUTRAGE!!!

Guess suburban white lives matter more to you lefties than inner city black ones right?
What's your plan to cut down this violence in Chicago and Baltimore etc? What do you think needs to be done thee to curb it?

Longer sentences for crimes involving firearms, no plea bargains.
Do you know if these cities don't already have stricter and longer sentences?

I never see that as a deterrent... it doesn't prevent the crime and no perp thinks about a longer sentence, or even the death penalty when they are committing a crime....

I am not against longer sentences, but I do NOT believe for one nanosecond that the Perp cares about them or they come in to equation when they are committing crimes, the perp doesn't think he'll get caught....

So there has to be something else we can do? Is it idle hands? Put more people to work and less crime type of thing?

I disagree with the "perp doesn't think he'll get caught" assumption. For the most part, these are "suicide missions" and they already know they are going to die. There is no 'template' but I think what we're seeing in many of these cases are frustrated anti-social individuals who reach a tipping point. There are so many facets to why they have gotten to this point, I don't know that there IS a solution. This starts with a stable family environment and at least some attempt at moral upbringing which we sadly don't seem to have in America anymore. How do we "fix" that? We've turned our schools into day care centers of iniquity where morals can't be mentioned because that's "religion" you know, and we can't have THAT in schools. Nor can there be any consequences for your actions, that's punishment and not allowed anymore... So where are these kids going to have any sense of values or morals instilled in them? Certainly not through movies, entertainment, music or video games. As you see... this is all a big giant problem that we just can't fix.

I like the idea of putting people to work, I think a lot of the 'frustration' is brought on by sheer boredom in these people... but how do we put people to work when we have nearly half of this country devoted to destroying capitalism and the jobs that go with it? Again... not something we can just fix. Harsher penalties? doesn't matter, they're going to die anyway, they don't care.

One thing we can do is to realize this silly and ridiculous "Gun Free Zone" policy is not working. Almost every one of these mass shootings has happened in a "gun free zone" and is exacerbated or made worse by that fact because no one has a gun to stop them before they've killed many people. I think we should have designated persons in these places who have proper training in use of a firearm and CCPs, armed and ready in case something like this happens. We can even require they pass some mental stability test or whatever, just allow this so that we can ensure someone is there who can put an end to things like this quickly before it becomes a massacre.

Yes, Obama is a predictable racist asshole. So what is your point?

How many shootings in Chicago prompted Obama to hold press conferences and demand to politicize them? Over 2000 Blacks were killed in one year!!

WTF?

There were over 2,000 homicides in Chicago? Source?

Already provided it. Reading helps

Surely you wouldn't mind providing it again....let me guess; you will right? Typical.

Yes I do mind, and don't call me surely. It is the third post on this thread.

Jan. 1, 2015 - Oct. 9, 2015
shooting victims
Jan. 1, 2014 - Dec. 31, 2014
Chicago is the poster child for the gun grabbers. Just don't look at the statistics. It is all about good intentions, you know?

Why do nutters insist on lying about guns in Chicago?

Its 21st in the country, no real gun control laws because you can walk across the street to buy guns and then sell them illegally.

There were over 2,000 homicides in Chicago? Source?

Surely you wouldn't mind providing it again....let me guess; you will right? Typical.

shooting victims
Chicago is the poster child for the gun grabbers. Just don't look at the statistics. It is all about good intentions, you know?

Its 21st in the country, no real gun control laws because you can walk across the street to buy guns and then sell them illegally.
Gun nuts think that if something is written down then it works because there are no other factors to consider. They also think that laws are meant to prevent crime instead of the reality being that they just punish crime....if caught.

shooting victims

Gun nuts think that if something is written down then it works because there are no other factors to consider. They also think that laws are meant to prevent crime instead of the reality being that they just punish crime....if caught.
If laws and punishment didn't prevent crime, everyone would rob banks as a living. You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand, Cave Monkey.

shooting victims

If laws and punishment didn't prevent crime, everyone would rob banks as a living. You shouldn't talk about things you don't understand, Cave Monkey.
Its against the law to rob a bank but it still happens. If laws prevented crime there would be no crime cave monkey.

He was just practicing his 2nd amendment rights

The shooter, Steve Jones

steve-jones.jpg

Yep a gun nut, but but but he was a real nice good christian

Steven Jones Photos: Pictures of NAU Shooting Suspect

Here we go again.

(shrugs apathetically)

Didn't do jack after Newtown. Not gonna do jack about this.
Just another school shooting, it will be forgotten soon enough. Move along, there is nothing to see here.
It was NOT a 'school shooting' asshole!
It was a fucking drug deal gone sour at 1:30 AM in a dorm parking lot.
Aren't you late for your job at the pig slaughterhouse in Alberta?
It was on a school campus outside a dormitory, therefore a school shooting. My guess is that you have never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

It was on a school campus outside a dormitory, therefore a school shooting.

Bloomberg logic.

According to him, and Everytown, if a cop chases a crook onto school grounds, and shoots him...

it's a school shooting
It involved some of the fraternity guys in the dorm.

(shrugs apathetically)

Didn't do jack after Newtown. Not gonna do jack about this.
Just another school shooting, it will be forgotten soon enough. Move along, there is nothing to see here.
It was NOT a 'school shooting' asshole!
It was a fucking drug deal gone sour at 1:30 AM in a dorm parking lot.
Aren't you late for your job at the pig slaughterhouse in Alberta?
It was on a school campus outside a dormitory, therefore a school shooting. My guess is that you have never been accused of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

It was on a school campus outside a dormitory, therefore a school shooting.

Bloomberg logic.

According to him, and Everytown, if a cop chases a crook onto school grounds, and shoots him...

it's a school shooting
It involved some of the fraternity guys in the dorm.
Yeah but they once lived off campus. Its not a school shooting. :laugh:

shooting victims

Its against the law to rob a bank but it still happens. If laws prevented crime there would be no crime cave monkey.
Prevention and eradication aren't the same thing. Why do you cave monkeys struggle with basic words? Oh that's right, you guys have low IQs. Just ask the nearest white person for help next time.

Prevention and eradication aren't the same thing. Why do you cave monkeys struggle with basic words?
Who said prevention and eradication were the same cave monkey?

Forum List

Back