Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

You guys hate the idea we are all in this together even though it works best you want every man for himself. You want to and have rigged the rules in your favor now that you made it in the old system.

And next time you go after social program cuts take it from right wing special interest.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

We are all in this together but by pursuing our own interest we make things better for everyone...since our energy is best directed by our own needs......not some detached, remote government with no clue how to get anything done...

Entire segments of first world manufacturing has been off-loaded to third world economies. Millions of jobs were lost in the process.

If you have a house, a car loan and a growing family, it's difficult to work and go to school to improve your skills, nor is it healthy for kids to grow up with parents who are either at work or too tired to parent them.

We have a good way to determine what a minimum wage should be. We allow the federal government to determine a minimum wage. That gets passed on to the state government to make adjustments if the state wishes. Finally, we allow county, town and city governments to make further adjustment the way Seattle did. Seattle decided to implement a incremental wage increase in their city. It pissed off some national bloggers and so an article was written claiming restaurants were closing all over Seattle. Even though media attacked the article as being a total misrepresentation and lie, there are still some indoctrinated right wingers who refuse to acknowledge the truth. Over 1500 post and we still have not heard or seen the name of a specific restaurant that closed in Seattle due to increased minimum wage.

Clearly, the phrase "good way" means something very different on your planet than it does on Earth. On Earth, this would be described by the phrase "shitty way".
Passing laws through three levels of legislation, approval by three levels of Executive administrations and validated by multiple levels of the judicial branches is a shitty way to make laws according to you? Sounds like you just hate how democracy works and America in general.

Having government determine what wages should be AT ALL is a shitty way. How did you manage to read this whole thread and not grasp that point of argument at any time? Reading comprehension not your strong point?
Um, that point has only been made in your imagination. The entire thread is based on the lie of the OP about restaurants having to close due to a boost of minimum wages to 15.00 per hour. Total lie that has been proven to be a lie over and over. No restaurants closing for that reason. None. Not one.
Determining a minimum wage in a particular community such as a city is a way for voters to determine a quality of life and standard of living for their community. You seem to belong to that group of folks that believe business and the profit of business should be the determining factor. You object to citizens voting for laws that improve the quality of life in a community or the expression of moral, ethical and religious beliefs. Thankfully we live in a democracy where we allow voters to make at least some of the basic decisions that determine these things. We haven't gone full fascism yet, but thanks to folks like you kleptocracy in making great progress.

No, Chuckles. It may or may not have been proven conclusively to your satisfaction, but it has been made multiple times.

Learn to speak English.

Thank you, by the way, for validating my assertion that you've - allegedly - read the whole thread without comprehending a single thing that was said outside the reverberations of your own little propaganda echo chamber. You clearly understand nothing about who I am, what I believe, what I've SAID, the reasons why I've said them, or what "group" I belong to.

Do not waste my time and screenspace projecting your bullshit kneejerk hate onto me again. Get a microscope, find your mind, and open it enough to hear and contemplate other points of view.

Entire segments of first world manufacturing has been off-loaded to third world economies. Millions of jobs were lost in the process.

If you have a house, a car loan and a growing family, it's difficult to work and go to school to improve your skills, nor is it healthy for kids to grow up with parents who are either at work or too tired to parent them.

And why, exactly, did those jobs get moved overseas? I know it's easy to give a glib, facile "corporate greed", because everything about liberalism is easy, glib, and facile, since it's designed to allow people to parrot without thinking. It's also shallow and wrong. The truth is that liberalism has also overburdened American companies with their expensive labyrinth of regulations, taxes, and red tape. And then they're shocked and outraged that businesses decide they don't want to fuck around with their bullshit, and head for the hills.

Uh huh, Workers making shitty wages is actually 'Good' for Society. Man, Corporate Bootlickers kinda crack you up. What world do they live in? So all-in on Corporate Propaganda Bullshite. American Workers have been getting shit on for many years. It's good to see em get a rare victory. People should be happy for them. I am.

Workers making "shitty" wages are better for society than unemployed people making no wages.

Ya, reality. 30 years ago some fools in a company town in Arkansas allowed the company to divide families and neighbors so the company could bust up a union. Everyone lost but the company. The company won big. Now you are bragging about your use of violence to help the company win and you neighbors loose. Sorry, but it sounds like you are the one who needs a reality check. Bragging about beating a man with a baseball bat so you could take his job is not something a normal person would think was cool to brag about. Basicly, you are bragging about obtaining your job through criminal thuggery.

Not exactly asshole, I told you it was a right to work state.

Had you comprehended what I wrote, you would have gotten the point that the base ball bat came out after that man "put his hands on me" ................

No one was taking his job, greed and ignorance fueled by the union got to him, he walked off his job to strike.

In Arkansas as in in other state, when an individual "puts his hands on you", then all bets are off. In that state force may be escalated and the other individual driven back by any means neccessary.

You advocate the violence of a worker just as others have advocated stealing, destruction and other forms of self compensation.

When you cross a union line, you send a loud clear message, the business has the right to operate and a non union man has the right to work for said company.

Comprehension is not your strong suit, you would have realized the unions lost that round and many successive rounds after that.

I didn't want the job, it was for the summer and I was a friend of the owners son ...................

What part of that is not sinking in??

Reality is when you confront an individual in a parking lot at a place of business and "put your hands on them", now the violence you speak of was initiated by the union worker and I simply intervened in his stupid plans.

Why do you fuckers insist on making totally ignorant and assinine statements about a subject in which it is appar:dig:ent you are clueless??
:dig: Friend of the owners son. So you didn't actually earn the job. You got it with a connection and you weren't just committing you thuggery for yourself, you were actually a paid thug. And where I live, and probably most people live, a man putting his hand on your shoulder is not an excuse to knock his teeth out with a baseball bat. What you did were the actions of a scarred little punk. You took advantage of your connection with the boss and the situation to play like a tuff guy. That is your fantasy anyhow. You probably don't know how silly a stupid you are making yourself look, or how you are tripping your self up the way liars do.

By the way you cock sucking moron, I have provided documentation, to start with you did not even believe that it ever happened, my URL made you look like a little ignorant bitch!!

Now cock sucker spins some more bull shit tales, I backed mine up all you do is talk shit with your cum breath!!
You seem obsessed with cock sucking and cum breath. You know what a psychiatrist would say about that, don't you?

I'm fully prepared to believe you know more about what psychiatrists tell patients than anyone else here.

Pay more they'll smile.

Yup. A happy prosperous worker makes for a better productive worker.

It's up to the worker to make himself both happy and prosperous not his employer

True, ya gotta fight for it. No one's gonna give ya anything. That's why it is probably time for Unions to make a big comeback. There's strength in numbers. Once the Helots realized that, they kicked mighty Spartan ass. Workers do have power. Now they just need to get their shit together and wield that power.
It's going in the opposite direction. As people are now being given a choice more than ever, they aren't choosing unions. I get the feeling you want to repeal right to work and start forcing people into unions again because that's the only way they will make a "great comeback". You've already been exposed as a liar for claiming to be libertarian, might as well drop the maskirovka altogether.

When it comes to American Workers, it's... 'VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!' for me. It's time for them to fight back. Time for American Helots to rise.

Yeah, because people who can't get their shit together enough to get above minimum wage by the time they're 25 are DEFINITELY going to be able to make a successful revolution happen. :eusa_hand:

Uh huh, Workers making shitty wages is actually 'Good' for Society. Man, Corporate Bootlickers kinda crack you up. What world do they live in? So all-in on Corporate Propaganda Bullshite. American Workers have been getting shit on for many years. It's good to see em get a rare victory. People should be happy for them. I am.

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"

Yeah, some of my Republican friends are just way too all-in on Corporate Propaganda. Most of em truly believe we would be a better Society if we could just pay our Workers less. It's always the Workers' fault as far as they're concerned. Their behavior on issues like this really is shameful.

And the sad part is, the overwhelming majority of people are workers. Not business owners, but workers.

And here's another sad fact: You boss does not want you around. You are a burden and you are taking food off his table and depriving his family of the good life. You will be eliminated as soon as he can so you'd better start looking out for yourself.

And here's the test to find out where you stand: If someone other than you signs your paycheck, then you are a worker.

What a load of horseshit. My boss likes having me and my co-workers around, because NOT having us around would take money out of his pocket. (More like "their", since I'm not employed by a sole proprietorship.) At this time, my job cannot be done by anything other than human beings. It is true that they would prefer to employ as few people as necessary to get the job done well. It is also true that sometime in the distant but foreseeable future, my job will be done by a computer, and at that point, my employer will make that switch. I have no problem with that, because at the point that I can be replaced by a computer, my job wouldn't be paying shit, anyway, and I wouldn't want it.

No we don't...I can use the self checkout and bag my own groceries. As matter of fact, I much prefer to use the self checkout. It saves me time.
Now there is a grovery store where the cashiers are generally nice people and are well trained..And guess what? This particular tore pays more than the other chains.
Gee I wonder why?....is it because the store management feels their workers are entitled to higher wages? No....This chain is much more selective in choosing who gets to work there. The employees are expected to have certain customer service skills going into the employment interview. Higher skill level, better pay. See how this works?
Pay more they'll smile.

It's up to the worker to make himself both happy and prosperous not his employer

True, ya gotta fight for it. No one's gonna give ya anything. That's why it is probably time for Unions to make a big comeback. There's strength in numbers. Once the Helots realized that, they kicked mighty Spartan ass. Workers do have power. Now they just need to get their shit together and wield that power.

Let them go on strike.

I know if I was looking for a job I would cross a picket line I bet there are millions of others who would too.

In the past unions had a place and fought for things like safe working conditions but no union movement is going to convince anyone that stuffing shit into a bag is a 15 an hour job

Some years ago, I worked for the USPS, which is a union shop - the APWU - but does not force employees to join. It does, however, require the APWU to represent all workers as necessary, regardless of whether they're members or not. It's the tradeoff for the good working relationship the union has with the Postal Service.

When I started, I was getting $12.50 an hour. By the time I left almost two years later, I was getting $15 an hour. I got a merit-based raise on my yearly performance review, and left right before my second review. All the rest of that increase came strictly from union negotiations driving the employees' wages up and up, regardless of merit and with no increases in responsibilities or performance standards.

Where's the USPS now? Case closed.

What right wingers continue to ignore that every time the minimum wage has been raised in recent years, unemployment had gone down. Prices have not seen any big jump either.

But right wingers never let facts get in the way of their opposition.

Prove the correlation, and then prove it equals causation.

Pay more they'll smile.

Let them go on strike.

I know if I was looking for a job I would cross a picket line I bet there are millions of others who would too.

In the past unions had a place and fought for things like safe working conditions but no union movement is going to convince anyone that stuffing shit into a bag is a 15 an hour job

Yes we know, you despise American Workers. You're only happy when they're making shit wages. You Corporate-Bootlickers really do need to look at yourselves in a mirror sometime. You need to grow a conscience and a true sense of morals. You can't take it with ya. Stop letting greed eat your souls.

"Wah wah wah wah! I can't hear you! I only listen to the voices in my head!" :lalala:

. I am an American worker and have been so for decades. I'm not a pussy little bitch like you who needs a "union" to take care of you and negotiate your contracts because you can't do it for yourself.

I bet you work for an hourly wage? Or a "salary" Real men like me worked 100% commission. Like real men do. All workers who do not own their own business should be paid either commission or on productivity. Not this pussy hourly rate or "salary".for just showing up.

I get paid by the mile, jackass, or did you miss my signature? Getting paid by the mile is the epitome of a productivity based salary.

REAL people relish the chance to have their wages based on themselves, their ingenuity, their productivity, and their willingness to work, because for them, it equals opportunity. Lazy-ass chickenshits are terrified of being self-reliant.

. I am an American worker and have been so for decades. I'm not a pussy little bitch like you who needs a "union" to take care of you and negotiate your contracts because you can't do it for yourself.

I bet you work for an hourly wage? Or a "salary" Real men like me worked 100% commission. Like real men do. All workers who do not own their own business should be paid either commission or on productivity. Not this pussy hourly rate or "salary".for just showing up.

You cant get welders to rush their welds just to mmake more in commission though. That type of thing could happen. Some jobs are things you cant rush and if you put time restraints to make more money, you can get shoddy work or structures that can fail because someone was rushing.

There are many different ways to be commission-based aside from quantity vs. time.

I get paid by the mile, jackass, or did you miss my signature? Getting paid by the mile is the epitome of a productivity based salary

You're a truck driver? And you told the Teamsters to fuck off? You driving your own rig? Then you be self employed and not a wage slave. Drive for the same company all the time? Or hustling your next load at the terminal?

Either way, no wonder you hate the union. You're a fucking truck driver. You hate it when there are union dock workers to unload you right? Cause they know you hate them and drag their asses getting you unloaded.
Or do you just drop and go?

When you run into (not literally) union drivers in the truck stops, rest stops and other terminals, do you trash them out and let them know how much you hate them and what a bad ass you are? Or do you have more fucking sense than that?
It's questionable.

Just curious.

Most loading docks don't have unions, either. In Democrat-run states, perhaps, but most places don't. Oh, and the only union shop in truck driving that I'm aware of is Yellow Lines. Owner-operator is THE cutting edge in truck driving.

I get paid by the mile, jackass, or did you miss my signature? Getting paid by the mile is the epitome of a productivity based salary

You're a truck driver? And you told the Teamsters to fuck off? You driving your own rig? Then you be self employed and not a wage slave. Drive for the same company all the time? Or hustling your next load at the terminal?

Either way, no wonder you hate the union. You're a fucking truck driver. You hate it when there are union dock workers to unload you right? Cause they know you hate them and drag their asses getting you unloaded.
Or do you just drop and go?

When you run into (not literally) union drivers in the truck stops, rest stops and other terminals, do you trash them out and let them know how much you hate them and what a bad ass you are? Or do you have more fucking sense than that?
It's questionable
Just curious.
I notice tow truck drivers and ups drivers are conservative. Too much rush? My advice get satellite and listen to Howard stern.
That is because most low level blue collar workers, with jobs that don't even require a HS education - like the StpussymichaelthecatholicCultist - have no ability to think for themselves. They are lemmings.

Low-level blue collar worker? No ability to think for themselves? Cripes, you know as little about truck driving as you do about . . . well, everything else.

And trucking companies prefer high school graduates too, like most employers.

What you don't comprehend is that he doesn't work every day that much.

How in the fuck would you know how much the dude works? Truck drivers usually work every day. At least the drivers I have known.

. What important is that he earns it.

Yea. SO what? If he got paid .75 cents a mile and made more money, wouldn't he be earning it then?
Or do you only "earn" your wages if you are underpaid? If so, them MW workers REALLY earn their wages.

Depends on whether or not you have a load, or you're laid over.

Forum List

Back