Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Restaurants are already experimenting with robot servers. Hotels have been using robots for awhile to deliver items to rooms. This is not all bad to liberals. Reduced operating costs enables higher taxes which are used to make welfare payments to those who used to work.

Four restaurants closing makes it easier for the other eateries to establish working prices that lead to a profit.

Restaurants are already experimenting with robot servers. Hotels have been using robots for awhile to deliver items to rooms. This is not all bad to liberals. Reduced operating costs enables higher taxes which are used to make welfare payments to those who used to work.

This kind of robot?
seven-of-nine.jpg

It’s evident that those Demoncrats don’t have a clue about economics. They never think of the consequences of their “feel good policies.” Neither do they have a clue how a business is run and operated. Seems to me this should be a litmus test for elected officials

Seattle eateries closing as 15 minimum wage approaches Hot Air

Oakland just increased its minimum wage by 36%. I suspect we'll see a similar wave of restaurant closers and much higher prices. One local place has added an "Oakland Surcharge" to bills, and removed the tip line.

I can guarantee you one thing ... if I ever did go to a restaurant that paid plate carriers/drink pourers $15.00 per hour I can guarantee you that I wouldn't leave a tip. 20% of an overly priced meal would be more than most servers deserve.

If you can't afford to pay you staff a living wage then you shouldn't be in business in the first place.

If we create tons of jobs, but they all pay a buck an hour, that doesn't help anyone but the capitalists who get rich paying jack-shit to their employees.

I can guarantee you one thing ... if I ever did go to a restaurant that paid plate carriers/drink pourers $15.00 per hour I can guarantee you that I wouldn't leave a tip. 20% of an overly priced meal would be more than most servers deserve.
Sensible.

Four restaurants closing makes it easier for the other eateries to establish working prices that lead to a profit.

Yes ... because EVERYONE loves going to a ultra crowded, overly priced restaurant.
Stay home then.
Many will do just that. Which will drop the income of the restaurants which leads to more closing which leads to less employees...

See the cycle here?
And the restaurants that can afford to pay will gain customers, and then have to hire more staff. Or they will raise prices, which people will pay because the ones with lower prices are now out of business. Got it now?

For each customer there is an upper limit on willingness to pay. If there is no otherwise suitable restaurant with an acceptable price then there is no sale. Yes, some will stretch. More will not.

0% of $15 is not increased by legislation.

It’s evident that those Demoncrats don’t have a clue about economics. They never think of the consequences of their “feel good policies.” Neither do they have a clue how a business is run and operated. Seems to me this should be a litmus test for elected officials

Seattle eateries closing as 15 minimum wage approaches Hot Air

Whoever wrote your stupid article is full of garbage.

The 15 dollar an hour wage isn't fully implemented in April 2015. On April 1, 2015 minimum wage goes up another dollar to 10.32 an hour.

The full 15 dollar wage won't happen until 2017 at the earliest. That's just for businesses that have 500 or more employees. If they have less or offer health insurance it goes up in 2018.

One other fact that isn't in your article is that restaurants are able to count tips toward hourly pay. So most restaurants will not see wages increase because the workers tips are considered and those tips bring their wage above 15 dollars an hour.

The restaurants mentioned in your article don't have 500 or more employees so they won't see wages go up to 15 dollars an hour until 2018. That is IF they go up since tips are counted as part of wages and those tips bring wages above 15 dollars an hour.

You might want to actually learn about the law before you buy into lies.

Seattle raises minimum wage to $15 an hour

Forum List

Back