Breaking news: Huntsman quits

BOth of them? :lol:

In a tight race, Huntsman 3-5% can make the world of difference.

I'm sorry, are we having a race? I thought the fix was in and Romney was "inevitable".

I mean we are having a "race" as much as the WWE is having a "Match".

Why do you keep assuming it's been romney from the get go and the fix was in?

He's run twice b4 and has had a lot of tv time before now, so many people knew him already.

He's established. What people are building, he's buit.

Yes he had a head start, but just saying it's romney only is mental and defeatist.

In a tight race, Huntsman 3-5% can make the world of difference.

I'm sorry, are we having a race? I thought the fix was in and Romney was "inevitable".

I mean we are having a "race" as much as the WWE is having a "Match".

Why do you keep assuming it's been romney from the get go and the fix was in?

He's run twice b4 and has had a lot of tv time before now, so many people knew him already.

He's established. What people are building, he's buit.

Yes he had a head start, but just saying it's romney only is mental and defeatist.

Actually, Romney only ran once before.

And it was disasterous, but that hasn't stopped the GOP from shoving him down our throats and sandbagging anyone who challenges him.

The system works, folks.

For a Republican, Huntsman seemed almost sane.

That means that there's no way in hell Huntsman deserved to represent today's GOP.

I applaude John Huntsman for recogizing that he is not fit to lead the parade of loons that is marching in today's Republican Party.

Last edited:
I don't like his stances on social issues, but his business and jobs back ground is hard to not vote for. If Romney is the one we have to fight Obama with, even through he is weak socially, I'd say he is still far better then the super leftist Obama. Romney can count on my vote!

It is to freaking important to beat Obama to go for purity! Lets start to push this country back rightward!

Last edited:
I don't like his stances on social issues, but his business and jobs back ground is hard to not vote for. If Romney is the one we have to fight Obama with...Even through he is weak socially, I'd say he is far better then super leftist Obama. Romney can count on my vote!

It is to freaking important to beat Obama to go for purity!

While I understand the sentiment.

We have two parties that will both watch the debt pile up with no realistic plan for reduction...

We also have two parties that voted in lockstep to detain americans indefinitely.

What part of kiss my ass are you having trouble with?

A relative who has served in the republican party will surely wonder what happened to the party of Eisenhower, Rockefeller, Javits, Bush Sr, and a host of other moderate and intelligent republicans. He thought Huntsman the best of the bunch, I have to write him. It is an odd thing to watch a party sink to only a few issues, pledges, and an absurd attempt only to regain power. It is like a choir gone so mad they only play one tune.

The system works, folks.

That means that there's no way in hell Huntsman deserved to represent today's GOP.

I applaude John Huntsman for recogizing that he is not fit to lead the parade of loons that is marching in today's Republican Party.

Yup.

Now I'm hoping that a hardcore rightwinger like Santorum can wrestle the nomination away from Romney. That would leave the door wide open for a reasonable third party to pop into the middle. Not holding my breath, though.

The system works, folks.

Oh, please.

Where have I heard this song before. "We could almost stand being in the same room as a Republican if they were just nice and sensible like Huntsman."

Hmmmmm... I think I heard that in 2007. Except his name was McCain. Then McCain got the nomination and he became the Anti-Christ.

Hmmmmmm.... I think I heard that as recently as a few months ago, but the name was "Romney". Except now that Romney is close to the nomination, you all think Romney is a evil guy.

(Which is what I've been saying all along. Now all the Conservatives who hated him are learning to love him and all the liberals who praised him are condemning him. I'm the only guy who is sticking to his guns.)

Now we got the Huntsman thing. Oh, if you were only like Huntsman... we might actually kind of like you.

I believe that it is unfortunate that after one primary and one caucus, we are ready to nominate a candidate. Let's hear from the rest of the states.

I don't like his stances on social issues, but his business and jobs back ground is hard to not vote for. If Romney is the one we have to fight Obama with...Even through he is weak socially, I'd say he is far better then super leftist Obama. Romney can count on my vote!

It is to freaking important to beat Obama to go for purity!

While I understand the sentiment.

We have two parties that will both watch the debt pile up with no realistic plan for reduction...

We also have two parties that voted in lockstep to detain americans indefinitely.

What part of kiss my ass are you having trouble with?

FWIW, you might take a look at how the members of Congress voted on that most recent usurption of Americans right to due process under the law.

Dems voted against it in numbers far larger than Republicans.

But enough of BOTH parties voted for it to pass it.

Are you getting it yet, partisans?

Apparently not.

Last edited:
Well.........considering that Romney has already painted himself as a wealthy man (and it has only come at his desire to be a common man and failing badly that has exposed it), as well as the fact that most people in the country are pissed at Wall St. and big corporations, combined with Romney's record at Bain Capital, and the best candidate Obama could ever hope to run against?

Mitt Romney.

If the GOP puts him up, they're going to lose the Presidency, as well as much of the gains they've made in Congress and the Senate.

My prediction for 2012...............any takers?

The presidential election will either be a close Romney victory, or BHO may sweep it big if the economy improves in the US and our financial situation improves and jobs pick up.

Congress: who knows? I was completely off mark until late Sep of the last election, and I simply don't have any clear data now.
Nice to see you admit that you haven't got a fucking clue Fake Jake. You were calling for Democrats to keep the House for all of 2010. .....:cuckoo:

Nobody here takes you seriously or respects your opinion. You're a bad joke.....

Zander gets excited cause I was calling it wrong thru Sep (anyone can go back and check), when Zander in fact gets much more wrong! :lol:

The far right here does not like me, but since they don't matter much, I am not too worried.

The far right matters? Yeah, that's why Mitt is in last place. Zander, you don't have a clue yet. :lol:

Last edited:
Huntsman is signing off right now....pleading that the remaining candidates should stop attacking one another. He should have stayed on through this week's debates and made it on the Stage. No points for this one.

Rick Parry is still the only threat left.

He's the only one who can bring together the establishment Republicans and the social conservative Republicans.

Forum List

Back