Breaking news: Huntsman quits

Interesting............the only sane person in the GOP race quits before the 3rd round.

Nice to see the teabaggers have brought "reason" to the GOP.

Could the left please make up it's collective mind on the 'teabagger' bullshit. Either they have no influence or they have influence - you cannot have it both ways. There is claim after claim on this board - with links to left wing media talking heads as 'proof' - that the TEA Parties have lost their influence.

Now, suddenly, (perhaps because it suits your partisan bullshit) they have influence.

It cannot be both.

Either they do or do not have influence.

Moron.

Interesting............the only sane person in the GOP race quits before the 3rd round.

Nice to see the teabaggers have brought "reason" to the GOP.

Could the left please make up it's collective mind on the 'teabagger' bullshit. Either they have no influence or they have influence - you cannot have it both ways. There is claim after claim on this board - with links to left wing media talking heads as 'proof' - that the TEA Parties have lost their influence.

Now, suddenly, (perhaps because it suits your partisan bullshit) they have influence.

It cannot be both.

Either they do or do not have influence.

Moron.
Without the word "double" in front of "standard", they'd rather have no standard.

Which causes did he "champion?"

Sanity and reason.

In other words, he championed no causes that you can name other than getting himself elected.

Jon Huntsman's problem is that he did not champion any flaming hot button stupidity. He didn't go in for the "death panels". He didn't look for commies under every bed. Nor did he go after homos in their bedrooms. He did not pander to the ignorant, rabid mob.

Jon Huntsman's problem is that he did not carry a pitchfork or a torch.

The causes Huntsman championed were too esoterical and required too much thought. His probelm is that a partisan parrot can only learn and repeat short phrases.

That you even have to ask what causes he championed betrays your ignorance. If you had looked into him, you wouldn't have to ask.

Alexis de Tocqueville said:
In the United States the people do not hate the higher classes of society, but are not favorably inclined towards them and carefully exclude them from the exercise of authority. They do not fear distinguished talents, but are rarely fond of them. In general, everyone who rises without their aid seldom obtains their favor.

While the natural instincts of democracy induce the people to reject distinguished citizens as their rulers, an instinct not less strong induces able men to retire from the political arena, in which it is so difficult to retain their independence, or to advance without becoming servile. This opinion has been candidly expressed by Chancellor Kent, who says, in speaking with high praise of that part of the Constitution which empowers the executive to nominate the judges: "It is indeed probable that the men who are best fitted to discharge the duties of this high office would have too much reserve in their manners, and too much austerity in their principles, for them to be returned by the majority at an election where universal suffrage is adopted."

Tocqueville: Book I Chapter 13

I think Huntsman is looking to be Romney's VP, which I also think is why he endorsed him so soon.

A Romney/Huntsman ticket may be what the GOP thinks is a winning combination, because Romney's got the corporations behind him, and Huntsman may be seen as reasonable enough to sway the independents.

That is my prediction of who the GOP will choose. For awhile I thought it would be Romney/Christie, because Romney would need an attack dog, but Christie probably wouldn't be able to stand up to the scrutiny.

Romney (it's in the bag) will select Huntsman as Sec of State. Martinez of NM will be the veep candidate.

I think Huntsman is looking to be Romney's VP, which I also think is why he endorsed him so soon.

A Romney/Huntsman ticket may be what the GOP thinks is a winning combination, because Romney's got the corporations behind him, and Huntsman may be seen as reasonable enough to sway the independents.

That is my prediction of who the GOP will choose. For awhile I thought it would be Romney/Christie, because Romney would need an attack dog, but Christie probably wouldn't be able to stand up to the scrutiny.

You think the GOP thinks a 2-Mormon ticket would be a winning combination?

Which GOP are you watching?

I doubt religion will play as big a part as you may think... but the fact that you have two 'centrists' winning would be like taking the scenic route to hell, instead of the Redeye Obama's got us on.

You're right........I forgot that Huntsman was a Mormon, because most people haven't attacked him on it, or even attacked him for that matter.

But, I thought his reasonableness (forgetting that he's a Mormon) would be just what the GOP would need to balance out Romney.

My bad.

If Romney can get away with it, he'll stack the WH with Morms and, needless to say, Huntsman will be among them. And, you can bet that rw voters will still (stupidly) saying, Anyone But Obama.

You would think they would have learned their lesson with the last disastrous election. The Repubs/teabag were screeching, 'vote them all out' and look what they got. They sold their votes for the promise of jobs but the pubs have not introduced even one jobs bill. Not even one. Not only that, they consistently filibuster any bill that could help this country.

But, we'll be hearing more of the same because these people just don't think for themselves.

If Romney can get away with it, he'll stack the WH with Morms and, needless to say, Huntsman will be among them. And, you can bet that rw voters will still (stupidly) saying, Anyone But Obama.

You would think they would have learned their lesson with the last disastrous election. The Repubs/teabag were screeching, 'vote them all out' and look what they got. They sold their votes for the promise of jobs but the pubs have not introduced even one jobs bill. Not even one. Not only that, they consistently filibuster any bill that could help this country.

But, we'll be hearing more of the same because these people just don't think for themselves.

Oh brother.

Doesn't matter, the GOP is so fucking extreme this year I doubt any of them will win against the incumbent.

The only reasonable one was Huntsman.

Don't be stupid. It will not be Huntsman or Christie.

More bigotry from the left...

Oh brother.
Just like JFK did with catholics. I mean we had the pope running this countr.... what? That didn't happen? Are you sure on this source? Oh. Okay.

This just in the Pope did NOT run this nation during JFK's presidency. So a mormon conversion of the WH is probably not going to happen either.

Yep. It's a Mormon conspiracy to take over the nation. Then we can prepare the way for the lizard people who live in the tunnels under Salt Lake who will enslave the human race.

Oh brother.
Just like JFK did with catholics. I mean we had the pope running this countr.... what? That didn't happen? Are you sure on this source? Oh. Okay.

This just in the Pope did NOT run this nation during JFK's presidency. So a mormon conversion of the WH is probably not going to happen either.

Considering it's Mormon doctrine to uphold the Constitution, I think what they are really scared of is that the Constitution would be upheld.

Yep. It's a Mormon conspiracy to take over the nation. Then we can prepare the way for the lizard people who live in the tunnels under Salt Lake who will enslave the human race.

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back