Breaking news: Huntsman quits

@tinydancer

I expect the real battle in 2012 to be down ticket. It'll be the House and Senate races where the Tea Party really gains ground. I don't honestly expect Romney to beat Obama, but I do expect a GOP House and Senate battling with him for the next term.
some good hope there.

@tinydancer

I expect the real battle in 2012 to be down ticket. It'll be the House and Senate races where the Tea Party really gains ground. I don't honestly expect Romney to beat Obama, but I do expect a GOP House and Senate battling with him for the next term.
some good hope there.

Obama is a machine when it comes to raising cash and Citizens gives him an effective money laundering scheme in the Super PAC's. And he's a machine on the campaign trail. He's been a terrible leader and administrator but he's a brutally effective campaigner. Romney hasn't shown much in the way of fire, plus he's starting with a split base.

I expect that Obama is going to eek a squeaker out in 2012. But it will be a lonely landslide as he'll be a black hole of money for the DNC and a lot of vulnerable Congressional Democrats could find themselves broke and facing stiff competition.

Mitt could win, I just wouldn't bet on it yet.

Last edited:
@tinydancer

Unless Obama gets the boot, we are stuck with Obamacare forever.

Think about it.

@tinydancer

Think about it.

The Mandate is going to get dismantled by the SCOTUS, as it should be. A lot of the rest is regulatory crap, some of which I like and most of which a GOP Congress can chip away an ammendment or two at a time per bill.

Plus, a GOP House and Senate is likely to tie Obama down with a possible impeachment attempt over Fast and Furious, so it isn't like he'll get much of his agenda through.

odd. i got an email about a major newspaper endorsement for huntsman this morning and now he's dropping out? I wonder why.

@tinydancer

Think about it.

The Mandate is going to get dismantled by the SCOTUS, as it should be. A lot of the rest is regulatory crap, some of which I like and most of which a GOP Congress can chip away an ammendment or two at a time per bill.

Plus, a GOP House and Senate is likely to tie Obama down with a possible impeachment attempt over Fast and Furious, so it isn't like he'll get much of his agenda through.

Your optimism is naive. How are the Republicans going to "chip away" at Obamacare when Obama vetoes any bill they pass that does so?

The likelihood of impeachment is absolutely nil. There isn't a single Republican who has the spin for it.

Think about it.

Your optimism is naive. How are the Republicans going to "chip away" at Obamacare when Obama vetoes any bill they pass that does so?

The likelihood of impeachment is absolutely nil. There isn't a single Republican who has the spin for it.

By attaching it to every single bill that comes through. A nip here, a snip there and before you know it the thing is neutered.

You are correct in that they can't repeal it as one bill. There's some stuff in there that would be political suicide to kill. But if every last bill count out of committee has a small step, you win by exhaustion.

There may not be an impeachment vote, but a hostile Senate and House will investigate like crazy. Obama will win in 2012, but his agenda is effectively dead.

@tinydancer

It's all about the Senate. :eusa_angel:

Bear with me Dr. Traveler so I can point this out to those who might not know me in this forum.

I play conservative and I play for keeps. I'm a real deal I'll hit you where the sun don't shine kinda conservative chick.

I'm from the land where we had to beat the progressive out of the conservative brand name. But we did it. It took almost two decades.

BUT the conservative brand rocks now, still faithful to the base, but also wonderously understanding and embracing the rights of those who many have disparaged in the past.

It's a great time to be a conservative.

Truth out.

And he's endorsing Mittens!

Wow, who would have ever thunk it? I was sure he would endorse Rick Santorun or Newt.

Political ads are cranking up in FL, since our primary is the 31st.
Only one I've seen so far is Obama going after Santorum
:eusa_eh:

I'm going to be coming down this year. Looking forward to it. I love Florida. Pretty well grew up in Ormond. Now this.

My dad in law is not doing well and we have to be there. My husband is finally getting a grip on the situation and as horrid as it is for him, we're talking maybe last chance hotel so a son and a father can make things "right".

Fine tune shit as one might say. And love each other hands on. I just pray that Joe doesn't break out the bloody Jagermeister again. OMG I thought I'd died and my eyeballs were scratching the back of my skull.

I swear it's not a tumor. Honest. You have no idea on the planet on what a hangover can do to you until you have a combo Jack Daniels/Jagermeister hangover.

You will plead for death. Dr. Mengele becomes your best friend. And you start cheering for Dr. Jack.

Some thoughts on this.

I never really understood the rationale behind Huntsman campaign. I mean, we already had our quota filled for "RINO LDS Ex-Governors" in this race with Romney.

And he couldn't make the argument Obama should be replaced after doing Obama's bidding in China.

Forum List

Back