BREAKING NEWS: Bank of America, Chase and Wells Fargo crash: Systems down and direct deposits fail

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
This one may be huge..ACH systems failure!

Truist, Bank of America, Chase, US Bank, and Wells Fargo customers reported delays in their direct debit deposits and paychecks. Wells Fargo was the first to acknowledge the issue on social media, stating they were working towards a solution. Bank of America also confirmed the problem to its customers.
The issue reportedly centred around a delay in processing transactions through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, which is typically used for electronic fund transfers and direct deposits, according to CNN.
Bank of America reassured its customers that their accounts remain secure despite the delay. The bank informed customers that some deposits from Friday might be temporarily delayed due to the issue affecting multiple financial institutions.
Bank of America reassured customers that they don't need to do anything and their account balances would be updated as soon as the deposits were received and processed. The problem appears to have been caused by a delay in the transmission of direct deposits from a payroll company to the affected banks.
Another Twitter user, seemingly a Wells Fargo customer, wrote: "Where is my Direct Deposit @WellsFargo Me and my Co-workers are waiting to get paid."
Wells Fargo replied: "I noticed your mention. We are aware of the issue, and we are working on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, there's no need to file a claim. -Ian"
A furious Wells Fargo customer took to Twitter, writing: "An outraged person who also seems to be a Wells Frago customer wrote: @WellsFargo did not post direct deposits into accounts! Paychecks missing and no answers. This is theft!!! @RubenGallego what government agency can we contact for assistance!"
In response, Wells Fargo tweeted: "I noticed your mention. We are aware of the issue, and we are working on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, there's no need to file a claim. -Ian"

However, Wells Fargo has yet to respond to requests for further comment.

Not the first time..for Wells Fargo

Truist, Bank of America, Chase, US Bank, and Wells Fargo customers reported delays in their direct debit deposits and paychecks. Wells Fargo was the first to acknowledge the issue on social media, stating they were working towards a solution. Bank of America also confirmed the problem to its customers.
The issue reportedly centred around a delay in processing transactions through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, which is typically used for electronic fund transfers and direct deposits, according to CNN.
Bank of America reassured its customers that their accounts remain secure despite the delay. The bank informed customers that some deposits from Friday might be temporarily delayed due to the issue affecting multiple financial institutions.
Bank of America reassured customers that they don't need to do anything and their account balances would be updated as soon as the deposits were received and processed. The problem appears to have been caused by a delay in the transmission of direct deposits from a payroll company to the affected banks.
Another Twitter user, seemingly a Wells Fargo customer, wrote: "Where is my Direct Deposit @WellsFargo Me and my Co-workers are waiting to get paid."
Wells Fargo replied: "I noticed your mention. We are aware of the issue, and we are working on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, there's no need to file a claim. -Ian"
A furious Wells Fargo customer took to Twitter, writing: "An outraged person who also seems to be a Wells Frago customer wrote: @WellsFargo did not post direct deposits into accounts! Paychecks missing and no answers. This is theft!!! @RubenGallego what government agency can we contact for assistance!"
In response, Wells Fargo tweeted: "I noticed your mention. We are aware of the issue, and we are working on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, there's no need to file a claim. -Ian"

Truist is the clearing house for ach, correct?

could it be a cyber attack on banks ?

Not the first time..for Wells Fargo

Well Fargo is notorious for having real shitty digital security.

I hope they make good on any bounced checks through no fault of their customers.

You think this is bad, just wait till the EBT cards fail to get recharged or a state's system goes down.

It happened in Virginia for one day and you would have thought it was the end of the world!

Truist is the clearing house for ach, correct?

Basically, Wells Fargo, Citigroup Morgan..the usual suspects.
From link:

The other institutions haven't released any official statement as of yet. Bank of America didn't immediately reply to a request for comment. Wells Fargo and Truist declined to comment on the issue and instead referred The Mirror to The Clearing House, the company involved in the delayed payments.
The Clearing House said in a statement: "The Clearing House (TCH) has experienced an ACH processing issue which impacts less than 1% of the daily ACH volume in the United States. TCH is working with the financial institutions who have customers that have been impacted."
The Clearing House is owned by financial giants including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Citigroup Inc. and Wells Fargo & Co.
Wells Fargo has responded to the issue on social media. In reply to a customer who said, "Wells Fargo direct deposit is officially a day late and customer service has no time frame when the money will come wtf," a Wells Fargo employee stated: "I noticed your tweet. We are aware of the issue, and we are working on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, there's no need to file a claim. -Ian"
In an update at 12:44pm ET, the Federal Reserve Bank Services said that "All Federal Reserve Financial Services were operating normally."

Previously, they explained the issue as such: "On November 3, 2023, a processing issue at EPN, the private sector ACH operator, resulted in a number of ACH entries having certain data elements obscured (file dated for November 1, 2023, processed on November 2, 2023, with effective dates from November 2-3).

"This error was contained in a single interoperator file that was distributed by EPN to its participants during the November 2 6:00 p.m. processing window. These entries contain valid Nacha syntax, but obscured account information and recipient information.
"What Can You Do? EPN has informed us that these items are not able to be processed by receiving depository financial institutions (RDFIs) because of the obscured data. EPN has instructed its participants to initiate returns, and originating depository financial institutions (ODFIs) will need to be prepared to initiate new items to complete the payments.

"If you have questions or need further assistance, please contact EPN’s support center at (800) 875-2242. Service and Support Info: General questions about Federal Reserve Financial Services can be directed to the Support Center at (833) 377-7827."

1699042582359.png

I hope they make good on any bounced checks through no fault of their customers.

You think this is bad, just wait till the EBT cards fail to get recharged or a state's system goes down.

It happened in Virginia for one day and you would have thought it was the end of the world!
blacks go crazy? riots?

One more reason to use a local credit union.

I was scolded for few days when I also revealed this. Simpletons swore at me that there was nothing to this and easily rectified. Now the reality is settling in.

I was scolded for few days when I also revealed this. Simpletons swore at me that there was nothing to this and easily rectified. Now the reality is settling in.

yep, the reality is this problem has been solved and there were no reports of anyone today that still has not gotten their money.

You will need to find the next thing to lose your shit over.

Forum List

Back