Bank of America Data Mined customers' Private Financial Information and Turned in People who Used BoA Products in DC - Prioritized Gun Owners

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Bank of America compiled a list of any customer who used their debit card or credit card in Washington DC from Jan 5 to Jan 7, 2021. Then they prioritized by moving to the top of the list the names of any person who had used their product to buy a firearm on any date ever.

They did this on Jan 7th or 8th, only days after the "insurrection." No warrant, no notification to customers that their privacy was to be violated in this way. It seems that BoA was very willing to provide this information about its customers to the FBI. I'm sure they earned friendly treatment from other agencies in the Biden administration by selling us out.

I wonder how they decided which purchases were gun purchases. I happen to be a BoA customer (not for long), and I happened to have used my debit card to buy a shotgun from Academy in December. On my transactions history, it just says $XXX.XX and Academy, it doesn't say what I bought.

I guess it doesn't matter. Anyone who goes into a story that sells guns deserves whatever the FBI decides to do to them, I guess.

Bank of America compiled a list of any customer who used their debit card or credit card in Washington DC from Jan 5 to Jan 7, 2021. Then they prioritized by moving to the top of the list the names of any person who had used their product to buy a firearm on any date ever.

They did this on Jan 7th or 8th, only days after the "insurrection." No warrant, no notification to customers that their privacy was to be violated in this way. It seems that BoA was very willing to provide this information about its customers to the FBI. I'm sure they earned friendly treatment from other agencies in the Biden administration by selling us out.

I wonder how they decided which purchases were gun purchases. I happen to be a BoA customer (not for long), and I happened to have used my debit card to buy a shotgun from Academy in December. On my transactions history, it just says $XXX.XX and Academy, it doesn't say what I bought.

I guess it doesn't matter. Anyone who goes into a story that sells guns deserves whatever the FBI decides to do to them, I guess.

You know, just about anything that our government wants to do, it will and it will cite an exception to settled case law as authorizing it's behavior. Then it's up to the person who's rights were violated to fight the government for said violation.

U.S. citizens cannot sue the government without the government's prior permission with a narrow list of exceptions. And then, if the government is found to have violated any of the citizen's constitutional rights, then depending upon which one it was, the government sanctioned "remedy" may not actually rectify the harm done by the violation. As an example, take the 4th Amendment

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things ...​

If you are a defendant in a criminal case and the government ("the police") arrested you based on evidence obtained during an unlawful search without a search warrant or one of the exceptions that would allow them to conduct the search without a search warrant, then the remedy is that whatever evidence they seized that they wanted to use to prosecute you, has to be thrown out. It can't be used because it was illegally obtained

Fruit of the poisonous trees is a doctrine that extends the exclusionary rule to make evidence inadmissible in court if it was derived from evidence that was illegally obtained

In the above example, the remedy for the government's unlawful behavior solves the problem that they created even if you were guilty of what they accused you of because they violated your rights in their zealousness to "catch" you.

However, in the case of the bank unlawfully data mining your purchase records, on behalf of the government, to look for purchases of firearms, ammunition or anything else that the government believes to be indicative of, or a predictor of intended "unlawful" behavior since the mere purchase of these items is lawful, what's your remedy? For them not to do it anymore when they shouldn't have been doing it in the first place?

Again, our government can do just about anything it wants and all it has to do is cite "national security" concerns but there are a plethora of banking laws, any one of which could be used as authorized "pre-consent" that you gave when you opened your account (it's in the fine print) and this is before they even get to the Patriot Act. The Bank Secrecy Act and Suspicious Activity Reporting are two of these laws that readily come to mind.

When people are fighting for our rights, oftentimes it is not readily apparent how their fight could help ensure the rights of others, ourselves included. When I saw your title it invoked memories of AT&T turning over their customer's cellular records to the government and the fight to bring this out into the open that ensued

Last edited:
Everyone who approves of Bank of "Amerika" raise your right hand

R.5d4ce9410559af6153bba7e5e120c780

You mean they complied with a law enforcement request for information that they had and was pretty easy to sort?

Wow, amazing stuff.

The cookies that track your internet activity and mobile phone location pretty much give you away, too.

Everyone who approves of Bank of "Amerika" raise your right hand

R.5d4ce9410559af6153bba7e5e120c780

I have my own issues with BoA, but saying they're Nazis because they complied with a law enforcement request for data is stupid.

lol you're being strangled gradually, like that slow boiling a frog thing. Too late, now just enjoy the ride down, have your kids learn mandarin, maybe a few will survive and make good little slaves and housepets for middle class Cadre kids.

I have my own issues with BoA, but saying they're Nazis because they complied with a law enforcement request for data is stupid.

They willingly complied with a Zionist Fascist "request" that was ILLEGAL and aimed at creating a Hitler style "list" of gun owners.

They willingly complied with a Zionist Fascist "request" that was ILLEGAL and aimed at creating a Hitler style "list" of gun owners.

Customers in the D.C. area at the time who had used a BoA credit card to buy a gun in the past were “reportedly elevated to the top of the list,” according to a now retired FBI analyst who testified to the subcommittee in March, the report states. Under questioning by the subcommittee, however, the retired analyst, George Hill, acknowledged that he merely had seen a record about the bank’s activities in the FBI’s case-management system but did not open it, CNN reported at the time.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article275541721.html#storylink=cpy

So he's blathering on about seeing reports that he didn't actually fucking read. Maybe he lost his clearance because he sucked at his job and that he's actually the politicized agent here.

I've got my own concerns/doubts about FISA and the growing surveillance state, but law enforcement at every level - whether it's your local sheriff, state police, or the feds - will pull data en masse to identify and narrow down a list of potential suspects. In fact they're probably doing it to find out who's getting abortions these days.

So he's blathering on about seeing reports that he didn't actually fucking read. Maybe he lost his clearance because he sucked at his job and that he's actually the politicized agent here.

I've got my own concerns/doubts about FISA and the growing surveillance state, but law enforcement at every level - whether it's your local sheriff, state police, or the feds - will pull data en masse to identify and narrow down a list of potential suspects. In fact they're probably doing it to find out who's getting abortions these days.

No, they are using it to go after supporters of Donald Trump and gun rights.

No, they are using it to go after supporters of Donald Trump and gun rights.

They're not. You've got no evidence to back that up, nothing except some disgruntled former employee who cites lists/reports he doesn't even read.

FWIW, you and I would probably agree that these kinds of electronic dragnets should be reconsidered/litigated. There's a SCOTUS case about a case involving cell towers in the Detroit area and the SCOTUS ruled 5-4 that law enforcement needs a warrant before actually collecting data. Maybe the same applies to Google and bank record searches, but bear in mind that 5-4 decision was with Roberts siding with the Court's liberals. Alito and others strongly dissented. Not sure how it would be ruled now.

lol you're being strangled gradually, like that slow boiling a frog thing. Too late, now just enjoy the ride down, have your kids learn mandarin, maybe a few will survive and make good little slaves and housepets for middle class Cadre kids.

Pfff, global civilization is going to collapse in the next 10-20 years anyway. Teach your kids to hunt, fish, forage, filter stream water, and survive where people ain't. I'm unfortunately too old for this shit, but maybe if people have kids they can prepare them.

Pfff, global civilization is going to collapse in the next 10-20 years anyway. Teach your kids to hunt, fish, forage, filter stream water, and survive where people ain't. I'm unfortunately too old for this shit, but maybe if people have kids they can prepare them.
lol rubbish. You have no clue as how much 'wilderness' it takes to feed even a small group of foragers and hunters. You watch too much TV and read too much dumbass hippie crap. Why do you think feral 'native american tribes' kept moving all the time?

lol rubbish. You have no clue as how much 'wilderness' it takes to feed even a small group of foragers and hunters. You watch too much TV and read too much dumbass hippie crap. Why do you think feral 'native american tribes' kept moving all the time?

This will be your only option - take it or leave it. I don't make the rules.

Closed my business account I had with BoA the moment I heard about this, and told them why.

Those people are scum.

"Law Enforcement?"

What law were the enforcing? The "No visiting the DC area if you've ever purchased a firearm" law?

Crimes related to the January 6th Capitol breach? Maybe if these "whistleblowers" had actually read these lists and other ill-gotten evidence they could have told us what the fuck was in them.

Crimes related to the January 6th Capitol breach? Maybe if these "whistleblowers" had actually read these lists and other ill-gotten evidence they could have told us what the fuck was in them.
"Crimes related to?"

Pretty vague. There are plenty of actual crimes the FBI could be investigating, such as the human trafficking across our border. Not need to know who visited DC after once buying a gun "just in case."

Forum List

Back