America's bank branch bloodbath laid bare: More than 1,500 banks were shut in 2023 - with Wells Fargo, PNC, US Bank and Bank of America

What the hell is this twink doing posting in a thread about economics if he doesn't know about this??
if having a clue were a pre requisite of this forum, about 80% of the posters would be forced to leave! Man wouldn't that be nice!!!

if having a clue were a pre requisite of this forum, about 80% of the posters would be forced to leave! Man wouldn't that be nice!!!
He is worse, not just ignorant, but a troll to boot.
A person merely mentions that coming commercial real estate crises... and he wants to then say that person wants America to fail.
Typical nonsense from trolls.

Major banks are preparing for CBDC. There is no need for brick and mortar. Our accounts will be digital. Happy little community banks that you have never heard of before will replace major banks to deal with the public.

Citi, Wells Fargo, BNY Mellon, U.S. Bank, PNC Bank, TD Bank, Truist, HSBC and Mastercard are participating in the 12-week proof-of-concept trial, which will use simulated data in a test environment, the New York Fed said

Banks this year closed branches in California and the Midwest faster than elsewhere, as an ongoing elimination of costly brick and mortar locations leaves an increasing number of Americans without access to basic financial services.

Dozens of banks filed notices to close a total of 1,566 branches between January 1 and December 22, according to data from their regulator, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). In contrast they only notified the regulator of plans to open 472.

And the closures are being felt. DailyMail.com has received emails from concerned readers that they now needing to travel further to access a bank

Thanks Joe.
Welcome to xiden’s america

Major banks are preparing for CBDC. There is no need for brick and mortar. Our accounts will be digital. Happy little community banks that you have never heard of before will replace major banks to deal with the public.

Citi, Wells Fargo, BNY Mellon, U.S. Bank, PNC Bank, TD Bank, Truist, HSBC and Mastercard are participating in the 12-week proof-of-concept trial, which will use simulated data in a test environment, the New York Fed said
Which is nothing more than a scheme by the syndicate crime family we call central banks, backed by the FED and gleefully supported by corrupt politicians to keep skimming off of the money Americans have.
If they succeed in totally digitizing money... don't get me started with the ramifications and unAmerican horrors of that idea.

Banks this year closed branches in California and the Midwest faster than elsewhere, as an ongoing elimination of costly brick and mortar locations leaves an increasing number of Americans without access to basic financial services.

Dozens of banks filed notices to close a total of 1,566 branches between January 1 and December 22, according to data from their regulator, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). In contrast they only notified the regulator of plans to open 472.

And the closures are being felt. DailyMail.com has received emails from concerned readers that they now needing to travel further to access a bank

Thanks Joe.
How exactly is this Joe's fault?

I've been with one of my banks for 40+ years. I used to go there weekly but I haven't been to any of its branches in 8 years now. I go to my other banks maybe a couple of times a year. You should blame Al Gore for inventing the internet, not Biden.

How exactly is this Joe's fault?

I've been with one of my banks for 40+ years. I used to go there weekly but I haven't been to any of its branches in 8 years now. I go to my other banks maybe a couple of times a year. You should blame Al Gore for inventing the internet, not Biden.
Same reason people give credit to Biden when gas prices drop. It is all osmosis.

Thanks Joe.
People prefer banking online. Its the same over here.

Thanks Joe.
The big banks buy the little banks.

A person merely mentions that coming commercial real estate crises... and he wants to then say that person wants America to fail.
methinks i've lived through 3 now

it's always the same too, the sitting potus does his best bagdad bob, the fedspeak is completely unintelligible, the banksters go before congress w/hat in hand blaming anyone but themselves

meanwhile, anyone that brings up derivatives, fiat systems, or fractional banking are summarily shuffled off in tin hats

~S~

Thanks Joe.

It's called technology and efficiency...and modern capitalism. Has fuck all to do with Joe Biden.

methinks i've lived through 3 now

it's always the same too, the sitting potus does his best bagdad bob, the fedspeak is completely unintelligible, the banksters go before congress w/hat in hand blaming anyone but themselves

meanwhile, anyone that brings up derivatives, fiat systems, or fractional banking are summarily shuffled off in tin hats

~S~
Yes.
But the problem is the debts the banks want...wait... demand the taxpayer to cover keeps getting larger and larger.
2008-2014 was a motherf*cker. Brutal. In my industry, 55% of the companies went out of business in this state between 2009-2014. And reportedly, this debt crises is larger than the 2008 crises. Not an expert myself, that is what I have seen in numerous articles by people on both sides of the political spectrum.
One of two things is going to happen.....
1) For the first time the U.S. government says "sorry, not this time" -- which will result in catastrophic bank failures that will cause everyone of us to lose - B I G - in whatever money we have in the market in whatever vehicle it sits in. Which will cause a domino effect across the globe, and we have a full on recession.
2) Biden writes another check to bail out the organized crime we call the central banks - AGAIN - which during a time of significant inflation - is going to cause the markets to tumble, the wealthy will make out like bandits - AGAIN - and we suck on far worsening inflation.

And dipshits like Gator say "conservatives want it to happen".... which is f*cking stupid.

Yes.
But the problem is the debts the banks want...wait... demand the taxpayer to cover keeps getting larger and larger.
2008-2014 was a motherf*cker. Brutal. In my industry, 55% of the companies went out of business in this state between 2009-2014. And reportedly, this debt crises is larger than the 2008 crises. Not an expert myself, that is what I have seen in numerous articles by people on both sides of the political spectrum.
One of two things is going to happen.....
1) For the first time the U.S. government says "sorry, not this time" -- which will result in catastrophic bank failures that will cause everyone of us to lose - B I G - in whatever money we have in the market in whatever vehicle it sits in. Which will cause a domino effect across the globe, and we have a full on recession.
2) Biden writes another check to bail out the organized crime we call the central banks - AGAIN - which during a time of significant inflation - is going to cause the markets to tumble, the wealthy will make out like bandits - AGAIN - and we suck on far worsening inflation.

And dipshits like Gator say "conservatives want it to happen".... which is f*cking stupid.
1) would mean an admission of bankruptcy globally
2) would mean quantitative sleazing superficially avoids said admission

the winners and loosers being much as you describe buffaloed by our government into thinking they're saving a system they've been breaking since 1913

~S~

Forum List

Back