Breaking New Trump tweet

RW dipshits (especially the old hawks) are eager as hell to lite the fuse on a nuclear war. They're too old to have a meaningful part and actually do the fighting, and dying, so they pound their chest, run their yaps, do a war dance, then go hump each other.

the entire world favors peace talks over massive destruction, and death - RW's favor death talks and dumbass Presidents.

Are you draft eligible? You did register right?

-Geaux

Seriously, carpet nukes just N. of the "demilitarized" zone are an option. Conventional would be my preference.

Then you send the boys in with radios and laser pointers. ;)

Nukes that close to Seoul? A good wind would make the place look like Chernobyl

N of the demilitarized zone is Seoul? Son, you are fucking derp!

Which way does the wind usually blow?

Seoul is not very far south of the DMZ.

There is going to be war, but Trump and company will let Kim make the first move and his last.

Of course that would be best, but.......they're wiley. And what would count as a first move? Another axe attack? Another attack on a straying SOUTH Korean ship? Or can they keep doing outrage after outrage and we'll just take it, like we have for decades?

Usually it's a ship that starts a war (the Brits were so hoping it would be the Germans sinking the Lusitania in 1915, silly them). Sometimes we just do it ourselves and blame the enemy. It works.

Nuclear wars are winnable, like WWII, when you're the only one with a bomb. Just like gun fights.

Seriously, carpet nukes just N. of the "demilitarized" zone are an option. Conventional would be my preference.

How many South Koreans and Japanese will dies from the fallout?

What about our troops stationed in South Korea?

Apparently you missed the "conventional would be better" part of my post.

How many will die when Kim gives the "go ahead and fire" to the artillery there? Hmm?

Fuck off.

I was addressing what you said.

How do you think conventional is going to work? Are we going to put our entire conventional bomber force on Guam with B-52s and B-1s dropping iron bombs?

Is that all we got? I think not. There needs to be a line of fire along the N side of the DMZ that walks and leaves nothing unscathed. The US IS capable of that. Also, we are capable of killing KIm Jong Un.

Nuclear wars are winnable, like WWII, when you're the only one with a bomb. Just like gun fights.

How many will die when Kim gives the "go ahead and fire" to the artillery there? Hmm?

Fuck off.

How do you think conventional is going to work? Are we going to put our entire conventional bomber force on Guam with B-52s and B-1s dropping iron bombs?

Is that all we got? I think not.

So what do you think we have that I am not including?

Our president trading insults with a piss-ant like Kim elevates Kim and diminishes the US presidency. These men are not equals that they can talk like that to each other. Our president should treat NK with a level of aloofness that is totally immune to their idle threats and personal attacks. In the grand scheme they barely deserve to be noticed.

I don't agree.....I think it's an inspired fake-out. And you have to admit, behaving de haut en bas has plainly failed, administration after administration, for decades! Besides, I don't agree also that the NoKos "barely deserve to be noticed": they think they can win. It's clear from the triumphantal tone, the laughing, the cheering they do that, simply, they think they can win. Same thing with the Kaiser before WWI, the same tone from Hitler and Tojo. They think they can win, and they are delighted to be going to war and winning.

Maybe they'll be wrong, but I think it will be a hard war: the EMP stuff all the preppers believe in is possible, maybe. And the cyber attacks. And their missiles coming one after the other, so fast: we only had two when we bombed Japan, after all. I think NoKo is in a lot better shape than the propaganda we've been subjected to admits. The movies have it more likely: Olympus is Down and Red Dawn II both showed a highly capable war-making NoKo, and I agree, that's very possible.

Most countries suppose (always) that if they hit a couple places, take out Los Angeles and San Fran, for instance, we'll fold. Negotiate a treaty. Honolulu would work, the Japs thought. This isn't Trump's fault: it's been building for a long time and now here it is, a war ready to go off.
The people telling you what a horrible threat NK is are pretty much the same people who sold us the Iraq war, just sayin. There is probably a way out of megadeath raining down on the Korean peninsula but when all you have is a hammer the whole world looks like a nail.

Fuck off.

For one thing, Battleships. Navy-teacher-dude. Did you seriously forget about battleship fire?

Subs loaded with missiles. The new bombers. Warthogs.

^I really like the Warthogs.

Time to start hammering.

Before they do, preferably. I'm interested to see that the Johns Hopkins SAIS think tank on NoKo is advocating preventive war. And they are sure there will be war, too.

Anyone here think there won't be a war with North Korea?

It's not on until Kim nukes SF.

Well, unless he attacks Guam or Japan.

We have to wait for the 1st strike. Then we can pound him into dust.

Stock up on your Korean goods, people, it could get bad.

Is Springfield Armory in Korea? No? I'm good! :eusa_dance:

Fuck off.

For one thing, Battleships. Navy-teacher-dude. Did you seriously forget about battleship fire?

Subs loaded with missiles. The new bombers. Warthogs.

^I really like the Warthogs.

Newsflash!

The battleships were retired long ago! The USS Missouri is a museum ship in Hawaii. The USS Wisconsin is a museum ship in Norfolk. The USS New Jersey is a museum ship in New Jersey. The USS Iowa is a museum ship in California. That just proves how out of touch with reality you are!

Cruise missiles are useless against artillery which can be easily moved.

What new bombers? The B-2 cannot carry much of a load of anything beside nukes.

Warthogs are for close air support. They are in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Our president trading insults with a piss-ant like Kim elevates Kim and diminishes the US presidency. These men are not equals that they can talk like that to each other. Our president should treat NK with a level of aloofness that is totally immune to their idle threats and personal attacks. In the grand scheme they barely deserve to be noticed.

I don't agree.....I think it's an inspired fake-out. And you have to admit, behaving de haut en bas has plainly failed, administration after administration, for decades! Besides, I don't agree also that the NoKos "barely deserve to be noticed": they think they can win. It's clear from the triumphantal tone, the laughing, the cheering they do that, simply, they think they can win. Same thing with the Kaiser before WWI, the same tone from Hitler and Tojo. They think they can win, and they are delighted to be going to war and winning.

Maybe they'll be wrong, but I think it will be a hard war: the EMP stuff all the preppers believe in is possible, maybe. And the cyber attacks. And their missiles coming one after the other, so fast: we only had two when we bombed Japan, after all. I think NoKo is in a lot better shape than the propaganda we've been subjected to admits. The movies have it more likely: Olympus is Down and Red Dawn II both showed a highly capable war-making NoKo, and I agree, that's very possible.

Most countries suppose (always) that if they hit a couple places, take out Los Angeles and San Fran, for instance, we'll fold. Negotiate a treaty. Honolulu would work, the Japs thought. This isn't Trump's fault: it's been building for a long time and now here it is, a war ready to go off.
"I think it's an inspired fake-out."

Boy oh boy, I would sure like to believe that. However, Trump's clear history of stupidity and ignorance regarding matters of diplomacy and foreign policy, coupled with his embarrassing history of bombastic, hyperbolic responses to any perceived slight, says otherwise.

It might turn out the way you say (a bluff), but that will be because Trump has virtually no credibility or respect in Congress, the State Department, or the military.

AMAZING Not ONE republican thinks that trump is a complete AH for ducking talks with NK .....Trump IS the swamp and republicans swamp creatures

Ducking talks?

There are no "talks".

Seriously, you should wait until you graduate from middle school before engaging adults in conversation on these topics.
Admiral You've been demoted You are now seaman 3rd class

That's cute. Leave to the expert in military ranks to chose a rank that doesn't even exist.

As I said, cute!

Time to start hammering.

Before they do, preferably. I'm interested to see that the Johns Hopkins SAIS think tank on NoKo is advocating preventive war. And they are sure there will be war, too.

There is no possible scenario that makes the world safer by having a war. This situation has more slippery slopes than a ski resort and look at the dumbass we have to lead us. Korea is very similar to a hostage situation. Seoul is going to get fucked in any conceivable scenario and our hostage negotator says things that amount to "I double-dog-dare you to pull the trigger".

AMAZING Not ONE republican thinks that trump is a complete AH for ducking talks with NK .....Trump IS the swamp and republicans swamp creatures

Ducking talks?

There are no "talks".

Seriously, you should wait until you graduate from middle school before engaging adults in conversation on these topics.
Admiral You've been demoted You are now seaman 3rd class

That's cute. Leave to the expert in military ranks to chose a rank that doesn't even exist.

As I said, cute!
Sorta like your admiralty When I left the service if memory serves me correctly I was a Pvt E3,,,,,,,

It's not on until Kim nukes SF.

Well, unless he attacks Guam or Japan.

We have to wait for the 1st strike. Then we can pound him into dust.

I realize that would feel good --- and it happened that way with Pearl Harbor.

Usually, though, we start it because we get tired of waiting (and we can). We declared against Germany in WWI because of the Zimmerman Telegram -- it was a 9/11-type public outcry against Germany promising to help Mexico if they'd distract us with a war, in a telegram from German foreign minister Zimmerman (he apologized, but it didn't help). We faked at least two attacks, the Maine ship boiler blow-up (Spanish-American War) and the mysterious events before Vietnam in Tonkin Gulf. Usually ships provoke wars (if it hadn't been for the Zimmerman Telegram, the German submarine warfare would have served, sooner or later, though they were trying to avoid our shipping) and we've got one whale of a lot of ships over there near NoKo. Next Navy ship runs into an oil tanker (there have been two this summer), we can pretend the NoKo's did it.

Let's see --- it's not always ships, we made war on Iraq because of 9/11, though that was opportunistic since Iraq wasn't involved. We rarely have an attack against us per se -- Brownsville (Mexican War) and Pearl Harbor are the only ones I can think of. The first Iraq war was because Hussein moved against an "ally," Kuwait. Usually we make war because of an ally. So there's NO WAY we'll wait till Kim hits Los Angeles! What with our Navy all over there and the carriers and all the island carriers like Guam and Okinawa --- something will happen as soon as a war would be useful to the administration, and the fat will be in the fire.

Trump may as well time it to be useful; we can't avoid this one, it's been simmering for decades.

Time to start hammering.

There is no possible scenario that makes the world safer by having a war. This situation has more slippery slopes than a ski resort and look at the dumbass we have to lead us. Korea is very similar to a hostage situation. Seoul is going to get fucked in any conceivable scenario and our hostage negotator says things that amount to "I double-dog-dare you to pull the trigger".

Don't worry too much about Seoul...the artillery threat will be neutralized quickly

There is no possible scenario that makes the world safer by having a war.

That's true, but war is not about making the world safer, right? War is sort of the direct opposite of safe. War is about winning and forcing your will on your enemy.

Time to start hammering.

Don't worry too much about Seoul...the artillery threat will be neutralized quickly
Yeah and I suppose they will welcome us as liberators as well. I hate to break this to you but our military command structure has a horrible, dismal record of correctly judging the threat level of a given country and formulating an appropriate response. If we had to fight with equal resources in any war we have had since WWII we would have lost so badly it would be beyond embarrassment. The people who ultimately decide our military strategy have never been that good, we rely entirely on having overwhelming superiority while consistently underestimating the enemy. I can assure you that whatever strategy they have is over-confident and full of stupid assumptions.

Forum List

Back