BREAKING: It's Official ----Judge Chutkan Pauses Trump DC Case Amid Dispute Over Immunity Argument

Trump is claiming that he had sovereign immunity as POTUS.
For a speech he made, and legal actions he took, acting in His official capacity as president.

So he is covered by sovereign immunity, executive privilege, freedom of speech, and right to due process. If This Were anyone but trump, and any prosecutors and judges but Obama appointees, there's no way that this case would have gotten off the ground.

Last edited:
For a speech he made, and legal actions he took, acting in His official capacity as president.

So he is covered by sovereign immunity, executive privilege, freedom of speech, and right to due process. If This Were anyone but trump, and any prosecutors and judges but Trump appointees, there's no way that this case would have gotten off the ground.

We will see. As I said, I think the SCOTUS at best for Trump will not take these claims head on and send it back for trial first.

More than a bit ironic that it's his motion that is delaying the trial.
That's simply not true. The delay is because Trump's lawyers made this idiotic argument, lost in district court and is being appealed to the circuit court.

We will see. As I said, I think the SCOTUS at best for Trump will not take these claims head on and send it back for trial first.
Yes, I think you may be right about that part. But a normal judge would have tossed this case out a long time ago. He is literally being put on trial for making a speech and for legal maneuvers to contest an election.

Anyone old enough to remember Al Gore in 2000 finds that laughable.

That's simply not true. The delay is because Trump's lawyers made this idiotic argument, lost in district court and is being appealed to the circuit court.
Damn, Marener gets one at least partially right. Congratulations.

So he is covered by sovereign immunity, executive privilege, freedom of speech, and right to due process. If This Were anyone but trump, and any prosecutors and judges but Obama appointees, there's no way that this case would have gotten off the ground.
Conspiring to use fraudulent electors to delay and manipulate the certification of electoral college votes is not a legal action.

Are you talking about Trump's legal team response to Jack smith?
No. I already said what I’m talking about. I’m talking about Trump appealing his motion to dismiss to the appellate court.

Can you try to follow the thread? having to explain everything to you like this is tiresome.

• A federal appeals court rejected a claim by Donald Trump that he was protected by presidential immunity from a rape defamation lawsuit by the writer E. Jean Carroll.
So it will be interesting to see what the supreme court says

No. I already said what I’m talking about. I’m talking about Trump appealing his motion to dismiss to the appellate court.

Can you try to follow the thread? having to explain everything to you like this is tiresome.
This is what the op link said
Earlier Wednesday Trump’s lawyers filed a response to Jack Smith’s demand to expedite appeal of Judge Chutkan’s presidential immunity order at the DC Circuit Court of Appeals (this is separate from Trump’s response to Jack Smith’s appeal to SCOTUS).

Forum List

Back