BREAKING: It's Official ----Judge Chutkan Pauses Trump DC Case Amid Dispute Over Immunity Argument

It is not about POTUS - or anyone else - being "above the law."
Yes it is.
If it were a legitimate criminal case, it would be about whether a former president can now be prosecuted for actions he took while president.
It is a legitimate criminal case, and ultimately the answer will be YES. Prosecute the orange bag O' shit, For great justice. :113:
For example, when Bush the Younger attacked Afghanistan in the wake of 9/11, there was talk from Democrats that he was really taking vengeance on people who had attempted to assasinate his father. He was compared to Michael Corleone. If they really believed that, they might have come into power and prosecuted Bush for the murders of all the people ho bombed. The question would have been whether a former president can be held criminally responsible for official acts as president.
I heard similar conspiracies back then. Heck I probably dreamed up a few myself. :dunno: The Chimpy McFlightSuit administration was a disgrace, yet the orange bag 'O shit administration, with no wars, somehow outdid them in corruption and incompetence. But so what? At the end of the day, who really gives a fuck about all that ^^^? Do these goofy conspiracies dramatically change your political worldview? :dunno:
If the ruling be that he cannot, that would not be him being "above the law."
Yes it would.
t's a pretty immature way to look at it.
It's a constitutional, law and order way to look at it. :dunno:
It would be about whether a specific official is immune from certain acts, something that applies to many professions. A boxer is not prosecuted for assault if he pummels his opponent to unconsciousness. A surgeon is not charged with murder if he undertakes a risky procedure and the patient dies. There would be no dramatic speech to the jury about a knife-weilding assailant.
Horseshit. No one is immune. Especially if you swear an oath. You promote a completely false narrative. Hyperbole. Nothing more. :rolleyes:
But, this is not such a weighty-issued case. This is a bunch of Democrats trying to prosecute a former president for free speech while in office. It has zero validity. It could only fly with a heavily partisan judge, and an incredibly gullible jury. The first normal judge that takes the appeal will toss it out, likely summarily.

On that day, I look forward to the liberal tears cocktails I'll be celebrating with.
Keep hope alive. :113:

Yes it is.

It is a legitimate criminal case, and ultimately the answer will be YES. Prosecute the orange bag O' shit, For great justice. :113:

I heard similar conspiracies back then. Heck I probably dreamed up a few myself. :dunno: The Chimpy McFlightSuit administration was a disgrace, yet the orange bag 'O shit administration, with no wars, somehow outdid them in corruption and incompetence. But so what? At the end of the day, who really gives a fuck about all that ^^^? Do these goofy conspiracies dramatically change your political worldview? :dunno:

Yes it would.

It's a constitutional, law and order way to look at it. :dunno:

Horseshit. No one is immune. Especially if you swear an oath. You promote a completely false narrative. Hyperbole. Nothing more. :rolleyes:

Keep hope alive. :113:

Lots of people have immunity.
Ambassadors have diplomatic immunity.
All members of Congress have immunity from things like parking tickets.
Presidents have the highest degree of executive immunity because they have to be able to authorize murder, assassination, espionage, theft, extortion, kidnapping, etc.
If a president does wrong, it is congress who decides, not a judge.

Gotta love it. Jack Smith screwed up and non American born Jamaican Judge Chutkan realizes she's got to put the brakes on this fiasco.

So what? Now Alvin Bragg will get a shot at Trump & nail his ass to the wall with a N.Y. jury. How'd that work out with your guy the last time he had a trial in N.Y., Trump fanboi?

Lots of people have immunity.
Ambassadors have diplomatic immunity.
All members of Congress have immunity from things like parking tickets.
Presidents have the highest degree of executive immunity because they have to be able to authorize murder, assassination, espionage, theft, extortion, kidnapping, etc.
If a president does wrong, it is congress who decides, not a judge.
That's stupid. We don't have Kings in this country. No one is above the law. You might have immunity while you're serving until you're removed from Office but Trump isn't in office at the moment.

Forum List

Back