Breaking! House to Hold Hearings on Congressional Insider Trading!

Way to hold Congress' Feet to the Fire!

» BREAKING: House to Hold Hearing on Congressional Insider Trading; Both Houses Now Investigating - Big Government

I LOVE IT!

In the 70s and 80s Congress would pass laws and make themselves exempt. It took the Contract with America to start ending that nonsense.

NOW we have another example of Congress making themselves exempt from laws that effect everyone else.

You and I use insider info and we go to the pokey, but Congress?

Apparently, Congress has heard from their constiuents AND are probably still sweating from the 2010 shellaquing.

I think they might be worried if they don't straighten up, THEIR jobs might be caput.

I love this!

We all need to email and demand this nonsense be stopped.

If we can't do it, neither should Congress.

Please give a mention to senator Scott Brown, it is because of his bill that these hearings are going to happen!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...o-prohibit-congress-from-insider-trading.html

Kudos to Senator Brown for introducing this..

(Although I want to see Warren beat him. :lol: )

She probably will.

Check out this nasty old ad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMQ62jErzA]I'll Remember Senator Brown - YouTube[/ame]

Martha Stewart went to jail for a lot less. The politicians will pass bills where they can't be prosecuted for anything pretty soon, so we better take them down while we still can.

» BREAKING: House to Hold Hearing on Congressional Insider Trading; Both Houses Now Investigating - Big Government

I LOVE IT!

In the 70s and 80s Congress would pass laws and make themselves exempt. It took the Contract with America to start ending that nonsense.

NOW we have another example of Congress making themselves exempt from laws that effect everyone else.

Apparently, Congress has heard from their constiuents AND are probably still sweating from the 2010 shellaquing.

I think they might be worried if they don't straighten up, THEIR jobs might be caput.

I love this!

Please give a mention to senator Scott Brown, it is because of his bill that these hearings are going to happen!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...o-prohibit-congress-from-insider-trading.html

Of course you do. Who wants honest, independent politicians? They're just fucking dangerous... to the fucking hacks.

The Feds came after Martha Stewart and threw her in prison for insider trading and all the while the congresscritters exempted themselves from the same law that put a Martha Stewart in prison. That's just a crime. They should all be in prison and if I were Martha Stewart I'd mount one hell of a lawsuit against the US government.. Win or lose it would be worth it.

She probably will.

Check out this nasty old ad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMQ62jErzA]I'll Remember Senator Brown - YouTube[/ame]

Don't get me wrong. Scott Brown has been infinitely better then I hoped. He's not a bad egg at all. But I think Warren has her finger on what's wrong in the financial industry.

In any case..I applaud Scott Brown for doing this. And hope he really presses it.

The Feds came after Martha Stewart and threw her in prison for insider trading and all the while the congresscritters exempted themselves from the same law that put a Martha Stewart in prison. That's just a crime. They should all be in prison and if I were Martha Stewart I'd mount one hell of a lawsuit against the US government.. Win or lose it would be worth it.

:clap:

Well put WillowTree.

Soooo...you are all excited about a hearing? Have you never seen a congressional hearing before?
All this means is that a handful of congressional members will huff n puff and yell and stare witnesses down and get in front of microphones...and then....quietly...as time goes by....do nothing.

We should all email her through one of her websites and suggest it!

Put the pressure on!

The guilty politicians need to be called on the carpet to face the public. The public should scream at the top of their lungs for the resignation of each guilty politician.

Just go to Open Secrets.org under Personal Finances to find out who the multi-millionaire politicians are most of them have become millionaires after being elected.

Many of the politicians got wealthy by knowing that taxpayers money was going to be cut off from businesses or if any business was going to get a big fat Financial Aid check from Uncle Sam, like Solyndra did.

The politicans know when some stocks are rising or falling because they're the ones doleing out the tax payers money!

The politicians know when to buy and when to bail and that's insider trading.

I'm not surprised that the Democrats are so keen to get Brown out.

Just Democrats? This is going to tar everybody. He's probably getting the most pressure from his fellow Reps, only behind closed doors.

democrats in the house were trying to close this loop hole since 2006.

and democrats and republicans shot it down.

If they truly wanted to close the loopholes, they had several years of a majority to do it.

They didnt becuase they didnt want to.

Prediction: Congress will give Immunity to anyone who testifies thus guaranteeing no one will get in any trouble what so ever.

After they're done they will proclaim: "Well it looks like we got to the bottom of that!" Then everything will return to business as usual.

And of course, it will be done in a "bi-partisan manner" so all the sheep will "feel good" about it.

Oh Lawd! :rolleyes:

Just Democrats? This is going to tar everybody. He's probably getting the most pressure from his fellow Reps, only behind closed doors.

No, I meant the moronic twits who will vote against him. Why would they do that? Because they prefer corrupt politicians over honest ones. Go figure.

Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-AL), under pressure from conservatives, liberals, and his own constituents, has announced that the House Financial Services Committee, which he chairs, will hold hearings on Dec. 6 to consider legislation to prevent insider trading by members of Congress.

Both the House and the Senate are now planning hearings on congressional insider trading, following exposés by Breitbart editor Peter Schweizer in his new book, Throw Them All Out.

In a lovely bit of irony, Rep. Barney Frank–he who rejected 18 requests by George W. Bush to tighten up standards at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac–wrote a letter to Rep. Bachus, encouraging him to craft legislation against Congressional insider trading practices:

I LOVE IT!

I love this!

I am not sure who was involved (outside of allegations), but regardless this matter should be fairly investigated and the guilty should be punished.

The investigation should be conducted by a non-partisan interest.

No, I meant the moronic twits who will vote against him. Why would they do that? Because they prefer corrupt politicians over honest ones. Go figure.

that is becuase the moronic twits believed he brought forth this legiuslation for political expediency only.

It is sad when the people start to assume that anything ethical done by a congressperson must be a result of some hidden alterior motive.

Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-AL), under pressure from conservatives, liberals, and his own constituents, has announced that the House Financial Services Committee, which he chairs, will hold hearings on Dec. 6 to consider legislation to prevent insider trading by members of Congress.

Both the House and the Senate are now planning hearings on congressional insider trading, following exposés by Breitbart editor Peter Schweizer in his new book, Throw Them All Out.

In a lovely bit of irony, Rep. Barney Frank–he who rejected 18 requests by George W. Bush to tighten up standards at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac–wrote a letter to Rep. Bachus, encouraging him to craft legislation against Congressional insider trading practices:

I LOVE IT!

I love this!

I am not sure who was involved (outside of allegations), but regardless this matter should be fairly investigated and the guilty should be punished.

You can nopt be guilty if you did not commit a crime.

Congress has immunity form the laws that govern insider trading.

What I dont understand is.....why? What arguments were presented in the debates when the legisaltion granting them such immunity was brought to the floor?

"we need immunity or we wont be able to make boat loads of money?"

I LOVE IT!

I love this!

What I dont understand is.....why? What arguments were presented in the debates when the legisaltion granting them such immunity was brought to the floor?

they don't have immunity.

they are allowed to exploit a loophole if they are unethical bastards.

I believe I heard they are immune to the laws that govern insider trading.

What loophole are you referring to?

I believe I heard they are immune to the laws that govern insider trading.

What loophole are you referring to?

US Congressional Ethics Rules on Insider Trading - Insider Trading by Congress - ProCon.org

Under current insider trading law, it is unclear whether government officials trading securities based on material, nonpublic government information are liable for insider trading. The executive branch has established laws [i.e. Executive Order 12674] with criminal or civil penalties against the use of nonpublic information gained on the job for personal financial gain.
The legislative and federal judiciary branches, however, have codes of conduct (from hereon categorized as "rules,” which are not legally binding) or no rules at all addressing the use of material, nonpublic legislative or judicial information for personal financial gain.
that is the problem with code of conducts which are not legally binding.

they will be exploited.

Forum List

Back