Breaking! House to Hold Hearings on Congressional Insider Trading!

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
Way to hold Congress' Feet to the Fire!

Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-AL), under pressure from conservatives, liberals, and his own constituents, has announced that the House Financial Services Committee, which he chairs, will hold hearings on Dec. 6 to consider legislation to prevent insider trading by members of Congress.

Both the House and the Senate are now planning hearings on congressional insider trading, following exposés by Breitbart editor Peter Schweizer in his new book, Throw Them All Out.

In a lovely bit of irony, Rep. Barney Frank–he who rejected 18 requests by George W. Bush to tighten up standards at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac–wrote a letter to Rep. Bachus, encouraging him to craft legislation against Congressional insider trading practices:

» BREAKING: House to Hold Hearing on Congressional Insider Trading; Both Houses Now Investigating - Big Government

I LOVE IT!

In the 70s and 80s Congress would pass laws and make themselves exempt. It took the Contract with America to start ending that nonsense.

NOW we have another example of Congress making themselves exempt from laws that effect everyone else.

You and I use insider info and we go to the pokey, but Congress?

Apparently, Congress has heard from their constiuents AND are probably still sweating from the 2010 shellaquing.

I think they might be worried if they don't straighten up, THEIR jobs might be caput.

I love this!

We all need to email and demand this nonsense be stopped.

If we can't do it, neither should Congress.

And more!

The author of a book that alleged Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.) had engaged in insider trading activities says the Congressman’s conduct was “egregious” because it “represents self-service rather than public service.”
“I think Bachus’ conduct is so egregious because it is a constant and consistent pattern of options trading. Options trading is highly risky and involves leveraging your money,” Peter Schweizer told POLITICO Thursday.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68580.html#ixzz1e3d5Ff6w

It's well known that the best way to get rich is to get elected.

Now we know why.

We should throw all their asses in jail.

All the American politicians are corrupt it's the "Good Old Boy" system, they can't play unless they're corrupt. That's why we have to vote them all out of office and never let any of them have a second term. The longer a politician stays in office the more corrupt he becomes. VOTE THE BUMS OUT!

Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-AL), under pressure from conservatives, liberals, and his own constituents, has announced that the House Financial Services Committee, which he chairs, will hold hearings on Dec. 6 to consider legislation to prevent insider trading by members of Congress.

Both the House and the Senate are now planning hearings on congressional insider trading, following exposés by Breitbart editor Peter Schweizer in his new book, Throw Them All Out.

In a lovely bit of irony, Rep. Barney Frank–he who rejected 18 requests by George W. Bush to tighten up standards at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac–wrote a letter to Rep. Bachus, encouraging him to craft legislation against Congressional insider trading practices:

» BREAKING: House to Hold Hearing on Congressional Insider Trading; Both Houses Now Investigating - Big Government

I LOVE IT!

In the 70s and 80s Congress would pass laws and make themselves exempt. It took the Contract with America to start ending that nonsense.

NOW we have another example of Congress making themselves exempt from laws that effect everyone else.

Apparently, Congress has heard from their constiuents AND are probably still sweating from the 2010 shellaquing.

I think they might be worried if they don't straighten up, THEIR jobs might be caput.

I love this!

I rarely agree with you on issues, but this is common ground that we share. This is the best news I've heard in a long time!

This is about as corrupt as it comes. Pelosi, Bachus, Boehner...and probably MANY others are finally out of the darkness. NOW we see why the hell they aren't getting anything done. They're too busy talking to Bernanke and calling their traders. :evil:

This is actually good news. And I hope they pass Scott Brown's bill. Hopefully this also leads to reform in terms of lobbyist/congressional collusion as well. My personal belief is that no member of congress should be allowed to trade at all in any capacity.

Breaking NEWS!!!!

SlyFoxLOL.jpg

Foxes to hold hearings on mysterious chicken-coop breakins!

I LOVE IT!

I love this!

Please give a mention to senator Scott Brown, it is because of his bill that these hearings are going to happen!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...o-prohibit-congress-from-insider-trading.html

I LOVE IT!

I love this!

Please give a mention to senator Scott Brown, it is because of his bill that these hearings are going to happen!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...o-prohibit-congress-from-insider-trading.html

Kudos to Senator Brown for introducing this..

(Although I want to see Warren beat him. :lol: )

What is the Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act? - Insider Trading by Congress - ProCon.org

The Stop Trading on Congressional Knowledge (STOCK) Act would prohibit members of Congress and federal employees from trading stocks based on nonpublic information obtained on the job, and it would require greater oversight of the growing "political intelligence” industry. The STOCK Act was originally introduced in the 109th session of the House of Representatives on Mar. 28, 2006 by Brian Baird (D-WA) where it died in committee. It was reintroduced in the 110th (May 16, 2007) and 111th (Jan. 26, 2009) House sessions where it also died in committee.

On Mar. 17, 2011, Tim Walz (D-MN) introduced the STOCK Act into the 112th House session where it gained one co-sponsor and was referred to various committees. Eight more co-sponsors joined by Nov. 4, 2011.

On Nov. 13, 2011, 60 Minutes reported that several members of Congress allegedly used insider information for personal gain. The STOCK Act received 37 additional House co-sponsors in the three days following the report, and Scott Brown (R-MA) filed the STOCK Act in the Senate on Nov. 15, 2011. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Jon Tester (D-MT), and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) announced on Nov. 16, 2011 that they would also introduce the STOCK Act in the Senate.

Forum List

Back