Break through in nfl talks!

Okay, here's what I got, tell me if I'm wrong:

At this point, talks have ceased and will not resume until after the June 3rd hearing by the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals. That's just the hearing, not the ruling. By then Judge Doty will likely have ruled on the fate of some $4 billion in broadcast revenue he previously ruled was unfairly secured by the NFL in the last round of contract extensions with the networks to use as leverage in the form of lockout insurance. The players have asked Doty to put that money in escrow and for more than $707 million in damages, too. And of course Judge Doty's ruling, which is likely to side with the players since he's a liberal judge, will also get appealed to the 8th Court of Appeals regardless of which way it goes.

Upshot: when does it end? Who's higher than the 8th Court of Appeals? Only the SCOTUS as far as I know, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them decline to hear it. Another Appeals Court? I dunno. Are we going to have to endure this all over again a year or two down the road? Doesn't look promising for a reasonable solution that both sides can live with for long.

Who cares, it is just a game, oh wait, that stopped years ago, now is just about the money not the game.

And that is what makes it sickening. Billionaires arguing with Millionaires, and the little guys get shafted.

Forum List

Back