Breadcrumbs

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
I want to make chicken piccata tonight. I want to use bread crumbs. I have fried stuff before with bread crumbs but it never comes out perfect.
How do i need to do it?
At this point, i feel like i should take the breast, toss it in flour while its dry, wet it with egg or milk, then sprinkle bread crumbs?

Basically, yes. But your word choice is a little weird. I would use eggs, not milk - and you can even skip the flour step, if you want.

Crack a few eggs into a bowl, and fill a plate with breadcrumbs. Dip the whole piece of chicken into the egg, let the excess drip off, and then lay it in the breadcrumbs and flip it over a few times until it's completely covered.

Let the oil heat up to about 350, then put the chicken in.

Basically, yes. But your word choice is a little weird. I would use eggs, not milk - and you can even skip the flour step, if you want.

Crack a few eggs into a bowl, and fill a plate with breadcrumbs. Dip the whole piece of chicken into the egg, let the excess drip off, and then lay it in the breadcrumbs and flip it over a few times until it's completely covered.

Maybe buttermilk and frying meat is a southern thing? lol idk
Thanks for that!

Maybe buttermilk and frying meat is a southern thing? lol idk
Thanks for that!

I've made fried chicken with buttermilk and flour breading before, but the crust didn't come out as well as eggs + breadcrumbs.

I will say, marinating chicken in buttermilk and spices overnight is quite amazing, though.

Last edited:
I want to make chicken piccata tonight. I want to use bread crumbs. I have fried stuff before with bread crumbs but it never comes out perfect.
How do i need to do it?
At this point, i feel like i should take the breast, toss it in flour while its dry, wet it with egg or milk, then sprinkle bread crumbs?
I'm 60 years old and I still cannot master this simple task, good luck to you.

Never before have I seen emasculation this bad! OMG! ;)

I made some pasta tossed with pesto and olive oil for the side. Good meal.

Forum List

Back