Both sides of the coin

I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] - I just found this.

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

You meanie. You made me look up "asphedoras". I dropped into Google and Google sent me right back here. And to several other threads on other boards.

Next question: if you're asking trolls who are willing to be honest..... why was I invited? As a judge I presume...?

I suspect it's simply people getting carried away with emotions. That's like a drug that clouds everything else. You can't have a rational thought when you're drowning in anger.

Having said that I'd like to find a way to use asphedoras in a sentence...

"Harry Truman is a haberdasher. He asphedoras."

:dunno:

Last edited:
You who, blacksand?

Honestly ... No Offense Gracie ... You have a good heart, as well as Boop 85% of the time and almost always Cabbie.
It is just that somehow people think sugar-coating the ill things they say and feel towards others somehow makes it different than what they mean ... It doesn't.

If someone wants to be ugly ... It doesn't matter what their intentions are or how they say it ... They are still being ugly.
The only thing that is really different is that they are being ugly and self-righteous at the same time.

If you want to start a fight ... Expect to get hit ... And don't cry when you do.

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

An opponent is not an enemy.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

For instance, Tank wrote this:

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option
You have reality on ignore

Instead of attacking the idea, he attacked the person. That is the cheap way out. And notice the Nazi who thanked him for his input. That speaks volumes.

Hey, [MENTION=18975]Tank[/MENTION], instead of attacking a person, why not bring some information to the table?

Last edited:
You who, blacksand?

Honestly ... No Offense Gracie ... You have a good heart, as well as Boop 85% of the time and almost always Cabbie.
It is just that somehow people think sugar-coating the ill things they say and feel towards others somehow makes it different than what they mean ... It doesn't.

If someone wants to be ugly ... It doesn't matter what their intentions are or how they say it ... They are still being ugly.
The only thing that is really different is that they are being ugly and self-righteous at the same time.

If you want to start a fight ... Expect to get hit ... And don't cry when you do.

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option

Instead of attacking the idea, he attacked the person. That is the cheap way out. And notice the Nazi who thanked him for his input. That speaks volumes.

Hey, [MENTION=18975]Tank[/MENTION], instead of attacking a person, why not bring some information to the table?

To HELL with Political Correctness.............When Ideals are so opposite, there is WAR........And in a War of words there will be mean things said and mud slinging. It's the nature of the beast..............

There is a divide in this country...........A line in the sand of opposing positions....Both sides dedicated to their core principles............In the fight, feelings will get hurt and words will be said...............

Tank's comments aren't wrong..........He believes that the Liberal mindset escapes REALITY...........and I agree....................

Should PC demand that he shouldn't say that.........It is his opinion, and I agree.........I post based on beliefs, REALITY, logic, and Reason..............NOT EMOTION...........and thus the divide............

I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

You meanie. You made me look up "asphedoras". I dropped into Google and Google sent me right back here. And to several other threads on other boards.

Next question: if you're asking trolls who are willing to be honest..... why was I invited? As a judge I presume...?

I suspect it's simply people getting carried away with emotions. That's like a drug that clouds everything else. You can't have a rational thought when you're drowning in anger.

Ahem.

An Asphedoras is a prehistoric creature, one of the ugliest that ever existed. It looked like an anatomical inversion, where it's ass what where it's face was supposed to be.

Word has it that Asphedorii stank so bad that even the biggest of Dinos gave them a wide berth.

thing.jpg

Some claim that a couple of Asphedorii survived, as Neo-Asphorites, but this is not yet confirmed. Some sightings have been claimed to be made:

fat-ugly-girl-non-nude-pictures.jpg

But as I said, this has not yet been confirmed.

Others claim that Asphedora is actually an herb that causes anal warts.

Take yer pick.

:D

To HELL with Political Correctness.............When Ideals are so opposite, there is WAR........And in a War of words there will be mean things said and mud slinging. It's the nature of the beast..............

There is a divide in this country...........A line in the sand of opposing positions....Both sides dedicated to their core principles............In the fight, feelings will get hurt and words will be said...............

Tank's comments aren't wrong..........He believes that the Liberal mindset escapes REALITY...........and I agree....................

Should PC demand that he shouldn't say that.........It is his opinion, and I agree.........I post based on beliefs, REALITY, logic, and Reason..............NOT EMOTION...........and thus the divide............

Well, as soon as you start doing that, I may notice.

Well, as soon as you start doing that, I may notice.

LOL..............

I back up my posts with data all the time...........From Gov't sites most of the time...........

FACTUAL sites.............such as by 2020 we will be paying 800 BILLION a year on the interest on the debt...................

When you start paying attention to these facts and REALIZE that this is detrimental to the future of our country maybe I'll notice your EMOTIONAL POSTS.....................

Until your side realizes that we need a SMALLER GOV'T, and end this continued debt and larger Gov't.............We are going to scrap about it............

If you don't like it, then change the channel or use the iggy button..........

I simply don't care................

Which is exactly why I don't care about PC.

Ahem.

An Asphedoras is a prehistoric creature, one of the ugliest that ever existed. It looked like an anatomical inversion, where it's ass what where it's face was supposed to be.

Word has it that Asphedorii stank so bad that even the biggest of Dinos gave them a wide berth.

thing.jpg

Some claim that a couple of Asphedorii survived, as Neo-Asphorites, but this is not yet confirmed. Some sightings have been claimed to be made:

Take yer pick.

HYPOCRITE...............................

Op is about PC, and turns to mud slinging with pics of big fat woman, and a monster...............

Weren't you supposed to ignore and move on...............

:lol:

People post the stuff they do online because they cam hide behind a keyboard. If they said those things in real life they'd get their tickets punched.

If there is a "war" then, with all due respect, it is all in your mind. We the People are still UNITED by our common heritage and the Rule of Law. That you believe that it is perfectly acceptable to step beyond the bounds of civil discourse and falsely accuse others of things that are blatantly untrue just exposes how weak your position actually is.

That you used the term "war" also indicates that you have the intent of "destroying" your fellow Americans. So either you don't understand the meaning of the term or you really are motivated to cause actual harm and suffering to your fellow citizens. Which is it?

You claim to use "REALITY, logic, and Reason......NOT EMOTION" and yet you thanked the utterly illogical and mindless allegation by Tank that liberals "ignore reality". That argument can be used even more effectively against the extreme right who were willing to actually destroy not only the economy but the credit rating for the entire nation. How many hundreds of millions of people's lives would have been harmed?

A genuine debate on the size of government is not a "war", but an attempt to find a compromise that everyone can accept. If your attitude is that your side is 100% right and everyone else is wrong then you have already conceded your position because it is UNREALISTIC for any reasonable person to embrace such a stance.

So per the OP you are admitting to proudly wearing an "asphedora" because you are engaged in an "emotional war" that will result in great harm and suffering to innocent people if you prevail.

If, on the other hand, you are truly capable of "logic and reason" you will recognize that what you are currently doing is futile and adopt a more reasonable tone and using logic and persuasion instead to reach a compromise solution.

Your choice!

If there is a "war" then, with all due respect, it is all in your mind. We the People are still UNITED by our common heritage and the Rule of Law. That you believe that it is perfectly acceptable to step beyond the bounds of civil discourse and falsely accuse others of things that are blatantly untrue just exposes how weak your position actually is.

That you used the term "war" also indicates that you have the intent of "destroying" your fellow Americans. So either you don't understand the meaning of the term or you really are motivated to cause actual harm and suffering to your fellow citizens. Which is it?

You claim to use "REALITY, logic, and Reason......NOT EMOTION" and yet you thanked the utterly illogical and mindless allegation by Tank that liberals "ignore reality". That argument can be used even more effectively against the extreme right who were willing to actually destroy not only the economy but the credit rating for the entire nation. How many hundreds of millions of people's lives would have been harmed?

A genuine debate on the size of government is not a "war", but an attempt to find a compromise that everyone can accept. If your attitude is that your side is 100% right and everyone else is wrong then you have already conceded your position because it is UNREALISTIC for any reasonable person to embrace such a stance.

So per the OP you are admitting to proudly wearing an "asphedora" because you are engaged in an "emotional war" that will result in great harm and suffering to innocent people if you prevail.

If, on the other hand, you are truly capable of "logic and reason" you will recognize that what you are currently doing is futile and adopt a more reasonable tone and using logic and persuasion instead to reach a compromise solution.

Your choice!

That get 1000 Yepps!!!

Ahem.

thing.jpg

Take yer pick.

HYPOCRITE...............................

Op is about PC, and turns to mud slinging with pics of big fat woman, and a monster...............

Weren't you supposed to ignore and move on...............

:lol:

Another part of debating and civillity is also having enough common sense to know when someone is using humor.

I'm sorry, someone can't teach you that. Either you go the knack for it, or you don't.

Enjoy your crocodile tears. They don't even phase my teflon.

You who, blacksand?

But is there really a fight?

Who is it that wants a fight and what exactly are they fighting about?

The best way to win a fight is not to have one in the first place. If you can turn enemies into friends then you have already won the fight without anyone getting hurt.

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
Abraham Lincoln

Anger and rage are the emotions that drive people to fight.

Reason and logic are what enable us to live together in peace and harmony.

What emotion is driving We the People towards fighting one another?

What is the source of that emotion?

Who is behind it and what is their motivation towards feeding that rage and anger?

Those are the questions that reasonable and logical people should be asking ourselves.

The answers could easily result in uniting We the People instead of dividing us.

Forum List

Back