BOOM!!!! Rand Paul Wins

Check out Rand Paul's very strong invocation of the Tea Party Movement in his victory speech:

Paul, unlike some other Republican candidates for office, wholeheartedly embraced the tea party crowd, channeling the energy captured by his father, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, during the 2008 presidential race.

"I have a message from the tea party," said Paul at his victory speech. "We've come to take our government back." He added: "this tea party movement is a message to Washington that we are unhappy and we want things done differently."

The Fix - Chris Cillizza’s politics blog on washingtonpost.com

And the voters in the general election will have a message for the Teabaggers. We don't want a bunch of ignorant ideologues anywhere near the controls of government.

I firmly believe that recent elections... the last few months.... is going to force GOP and some Dems to get alot more conservative in the coming months.

Kagan might not be a lock.

Why should we get conservative? You fellows have lost every test so far since 10Jan09. You are very likely to do the unuassul again, and lose an off year election.

+
Check out Rand Paul's very strong invocation of the Tea Party Movement in his victory speech:

Paul, unlike some other Republican candidates for office, wholeheartedly embraced the tea party crowd, channeling the energy captured by his father, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, during the 2008 presidential race.

"I have a message from the tea party," said Paul at his victory speech. "We've come to take our government back." He added: "this tea party movement is a message to Washington that we are unhappy and we want things done differently."

Wasn't it Clinton and Kerry who were so vocally rattling their swords about going into Iraq?

Two of the most powerful dem's wanting to go in and kick some serious ass!

But hey, the dem's now had NOTHING to do with it!

LMAO!
Yep...and they were smart enough to just threaten to do it, not actually do it. Kept Saddam in line. Sigh...imagine, if Dubya had half a brain or he wasn't such a vindictive twerp we'd not be in Iraq at all.

Like I've been saying and the tea partiers, IRONICALLY given this thread, have been howling in protest over:

The tea party is nothing more than disgruntled Republicans and Republican sympathizers. Just a wing of the GOP.

Stamp your feet a little more and see if it changes anything. :cuckoo:

Did the Tea PARTY nominate a candidate? NO. They chose from among the Republicans in the race. The tea party is not a political party. They are a faction of a party that already exists. The Republican Party.

When you can start naming Tea PARTY candidates running in races against the Democrats and the GOP, then you can start to prove me wrong.

Good luck. I don't get proven wrong very often. You will join a very very very select group if you succeed.

This whole 'TEA Party' thing really does go right over your head. :lol::lol:

Donna Brazil just tried to compare Rand Paul to George W. Bush on CNN, what a ridiculous statement.

Thsis what they do.. they can't counter the arguments.. so they demonize the opposition. Embrace it.
:lol: I just love it that comparing anyone to George Bush is demonization. Too funny!

I bet you do love it.

Guess the years of hard work has paid off...hasn't it???

Fucken great to see that all of the bullshit has turned Bush into a footnote in history for ridicule.

Here's to hoping Obama becomes the same exact thing....hopefully worse...because in his case it's most of it is authentic.

Thsis what they do.. they can't counter the arguments.. so they demonize the opposition. Embrace it.
:lol: I just love it that comparing anyone to George Bush is demonization. Too funny!

I bet you do love it.

Guess the years of hard work has paid off...hasn't it???

Fucken great to see that all of the bullshit has turned Bush into a footnote in history for ridicule.

Here's to hoping Obama becomes the same exact thing....hopefully worse...because in his case it's most of it is authentic.
Of course, none of it is Bush's fault. Republicans don't really believe in personal responsibility and it shows.

And the voters in the general election will have a message for the Teabaggers. We don't want a bunch of ignorant ideologues anywhere near the controls of government.

Is that why Obama is POTUS?:eusa_hand:

Tea party? He's a Libertarian, he'll drive those neocons nuts.

I agree, Rand Paul is what is sometimes referred to as 'Marxist on the right,' "...the idea that individual freedom should be the sole rule of ethics and government." It sounds fine and make the heart and spirit soar, but ultimately is meaningless. Consider his dad who shares the same political philosophy, except for saying no, can anyone tell me something he has done that moves us towards a better world? Politics is always a balancing act, and the far right or left ideologues end up doing nothing.

The American Conservative -- Marxism of the Right

"Genuine politics -- even politics worthy of the name -- the only politics I am willing to devote myself to -- is simply a matter of serving those around us: serving the community and serving those who will come after us. Its deepest roots are moral because it is a responsibility expressed through action, to and for the whole." Vaclav Havel

Democrats voted AGAINST the Iraq war authorization 147 to 110. You are at least the 100th wingnut I've had to point that out to.

All I said to you was you're blaming the Democrats for the Iraq war. If the Democrats had had their way there would have been no Iraq war.
That was the house vote....How'd things shake out in the Senate, party-wise?

C'mon....You can tell us....We already know...:eusa_whistle:

He won't. We both know him too well brother. Good point though. ~BH

Most Democrats voted against the war. Overwhelmingly most Republicans voted against it. Why do people argue with something as irrefutable as simple mathematics? It's maddening.
Barack Obama is president because he was against going into Iraq. That was how he beat Hillary Clinton.

Democrats voted AGAINST the Iraq war authorization 147 to 110. You are at least the 100th wingnut I've had to point that out to.

All I said to you was you're blaming the Democrats for the Iraq war. If the Democrats had had their way there would have been no Iraq war.

Unfortunately both the House AND the Senate voted on the war.

Democrats as a group voted not to go into the stupid war....Republicans voted to go find WMDs

No that was the total vote. If the Democrats had had their way, the resolution would have never gotten out of the House.

You're good at finding things to blame the Democrats on, but this aint one of them.

You need to wake up and realize that both of these parties are controlled by carpetbagging sell outs. You should realize that already, so quit defending the maggots in your party. They are all liars bro. You know it. ;) ~BH

I'm only defending the Democrats who voted against the war against those who pretend they don't exist.

I voted for Perot. I supported Hillary Clinton's primary challenger in the NY 2006 senate race, Jonathan Tasini, SPECIFICALLY because he opposed the Iraq war.

Don't act like you know something I don't.

Stamp your feet a little more and see if it changes anything. :cuckoo:

Did the Tea PARTY nominate a candidate? NO. They chose from among the Republicans in the race. The tea party is not a political party. They are a faction of a party that already exists. The Republican Party.

When you can start naming Tea PARTY candidates running in races against the Democrats and the GOP, then you can start to prove me wrong.

Good luck. I don't get proven wrong very often. You will join a very very very select group if you succeed.

This whole 'TEA Party' thing really does go right over your head. :lol::lol:

You know, trying to bluff your way through a message board pretending you know things others don't know is a bit worn out. Get a new act.

I'll be interested to hear how the rightwing radio and tv crowd, from Limbaugh to Hannity on down, spin this Rand Paul win. They have always been devout Cheney worshipping neocons, with no love whatsoever for the Ron Paul crowd.

I'll be interested to hear how the rightwing radio and tv crowd, from Limbaugh to Hannity on down, spin this Rand Paul win. They have always been devout Cheney worshipping neocons, with no love whatsoever for the Ron Paul crowd.

yawn.:eusa_whistle:
Rand Paul is not his father, but keep trying to spin it as such.

Last edited:
If there was an open primary in Kentucky, Rand Paul would have finished third. Both Democrats got more votes than Paul did.

Now the spotlight gets placed firmly onto Rand Paul. Every statement about abolishing programs that help the people of Kentucky will be scrutinized.

Paul will prove whether Tea Baggers are electable in a general election

Sorry bout that,

1. Chaulk it!
2. We be coming to another election box near you.
3. And we will shit can a whole bunch of you career politicians!
4. On both sides of the isle.:eek::lol:
5. Its a *GREAT DAY FOR AMERICA!*
6. Did spector get his ass canned? anyone???

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Couldn't agree more.

I think encumbants of both parties are in great danger. Oh yes.

I think Nov will be about getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. Getting rid of these entrenched career politicians. Works for me.

Spector got his ass handed to him by Sestack. That doesn't mean Sestack will win in his State. He has to face Toomey in the election. Will see who wins.

I think both parties will take hits come Nov. I do think the Reps will win seats but not as many as some on the board think.

Forum List

Back