BOOM!!!! Largest Lead Ever

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sinatra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    MY - OH - MY.

Things continue to worsen ever more for the Obama Democrats...

____

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup Generic Ballot

Gallup's generic polling shows the number of voters saying that they would vote for Republicans rising three points from last week, while the number saying they will vote for Democrats dropped four points. The 49%-43% lead for the Republicans is the largest that the pollster has ever recorded for the party. Moreover, Democratic enthusiasm for voting this fall fell a point, while enthusiasm among Republicans stayed about fifteen points higher. This indicates an even wider lead for Republicans once Gallup imposes a likely voter screen this fall.

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup GenericBallot - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,700
    There's a problem with getting excited about that: it's not localized.

Once people start looking at their local candidates, they often are happy to continue to vote for the incumbent whose been bringing home the pork and/or has massively outspent the opposition.

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,280
    OH MY!

Generic polls...what will we do?

What happens when you start to put out real names with a real platform? Republicans are still going to shoot themselves in the foot. America has sent them to political exile in the last two elections. The GOP has done nothing to show they deserve to be back in our good graces

4. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    Thats why the good ole boys need to be voted out in November. DC needs an enema really bad!

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    While I am encouraged by this, I am not without my reservations. For one as pointed out, this isnt localized.

Second, while Republicans may regain some footing, I am not convinced they will live up to their principles of limited government and Restore the Republic.

6. Stainmaster

Stainmaster BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I am reading this thread just as my Grandpop, a life long DNC member, hands me the latest correspondence. Basically, the fall out from health care reform was less than expected, and the Democratic Party is doing better for the November elections than they expected. Neither Tea Baggers nor Rand Paul were even mentioned. I guess they are not significant enough to show up on the DNC radar.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  7. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,700
    Your grandfather must really hate you. He is obviously trying to deceive you into going along with this mugging of the young by the old so that he can get his for the rest of his life while leaving you with massive taxes and a low standard of living.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  8. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    :clap2:

9. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +629
    I wouldn't blame gramps. I blame the DC whores who moved jobs overseas (via tax breaks) and won't keep SS & Medicare solvent. If everyone pays into SS & Medicare they can be made solvent. Its only a mugging if the DC whores don't fix SS & Medicare. Repealing the UHC Bill is a good start.

The standard of living for the old isn't all that great when you factor in the cost of health insurance and prescriptions. Getting the Mexicans out so that salaries go up will help the young's standard of living. Its a matter of "Supply/Demand" for labor.

10. Sinatra

Sinatra Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Ah, fear not folks!

The new record indicated by the Generic Ballot poll is simply the big picture of what is taking place as we head into November 2010. The anti-Washington DC sentiment is very strong, and as the party who has controlled Congress for five years, and the White House for two years, the Democrats are going to be dealt the brunt of that anti-Big Government backlash.

At present, the Republicans appear poised to take back the House with a narrow majority, and all but split the Senate, in effect ending the full on neo-progressive agenda of Obama-Pelosi-Reid.

Following 2010, even more moderate Dems will then be forced to sign onto Republican legislation in order to secure survival in 2012. The rollback battle will begin in earnest...