BOOM!!!! Largest Lead Ever

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
MY - OH - MY.

Things continue to worsen ever more for the Obama Democrats...

____

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup Generic Ballot

Gallup's generic polling shows the number of voters saying that they would vote for Republicans rising three points from last week, while the number saying they will vote for Democrats dropped four points. The 49%-43% lead for the Republicans is the largest that the pollster has ever recorded for the party. Moreover, Democratic enthusiasm for voting this fall fell a point, while enthusiasm among Republicans stayed about fifteen points higher. This indicates an even wider lead for Republicans once Gallup imposes a likely voter screen this fall.

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup GenericBallot - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

There's a problem with getting excited about that: it's not localized.

Once people start looking at their local candidates, they often are happy to continue to vote for the incumbent whose been bringing home the pork and/or has massively outspent the opposition.

OH MY!

Generic polls...what will we do?

What happens when you start to put out real names with a real platform? Republicans are still going to shoot themselves in the foot. America has sent them to political exile in the last two elections. The GOP has done nothing to show they deserve to be back in our good graces

While I am encouraged by this, I am not without my reservations. For one as pointed out, this isnt localized.

Second, while Republicans may regain some footing, I am not convinced they will live up to their principles of limited government and Restore the Republic.

I am reading this thread just as my Grandpop, a life long DNC member, hands me the latest correspondence. Basically, the fall out from health care reform was less than expected, and the Democratic Party is doing better for the November elections than they expected. Neither Tea Baggers nor Rand Paul were even mentioned. I guess they are not significant enough to show up on the DNC radar.

Last edited:
Your grandfather must really hate you. He is obviously trying to deceive you into going along with this mugging of the young by the old so that he can get his for the rest of his life while leaving you with massive taxes and a low standard of living.

Your grandfather must really hate you. He is obviously trying to deceive you into going along with this mugging of the young by the old so that he can get his for the rest of his life while leaving you with massive taxes and a low standard of living.

:clap2:

I wouldn't blame gramps. I blame the DC whores who moved jobs overseas (via tax breaks) and won't keep SS & Medicare solvent. If everyone pays into SS & Medicare they can be made solvent. Its only a mugging if the DC whores don't fix SS & Medicare. Repealing the UHC Bill is a good start.

The standard of living for the old isn't all that great when you factor in the cost of health insurance and prescriptions. Getting the Mexicans out so that salaries go up will help the young's standard of living. Its a matter of "Supply/Demand" for labor.

Ah, fear not folks!

The new record indicated by the Generic Ballot poll is simply the big picture of what is taking place as we head into November 2010. The anti-Washington DC sentiment is very strong, and as the party who has controlled Congress for five years, and the White House for two years, the Democrats are going to be dealt the brunt of that anti-Big Government backlash.

At present, the Republicans appear poised to take back the House with a narrow majority, and all but split the Senate, in effect ending the full on neo-progressive agenda of Obama-Pelosi-Reid.

Following 2010, even more moderate Dems will then be forced to sign onto Republican legislation in order to secure survival in 2012. The rollback battle will begin in earnest...

Ah, fear not folks!

The new record indicated by the Generic Ballot poll is simply the big picture of what is taking place as we head into November 2010. The anti-Washington DC sentiment is very strong, and as the party who has controlled Congress for five years, and the White House for two years, the Democrats are going to be dealt the brunt of that anti-Big Government backlash.

At present, the Republicans appear poised to take back the House with a narrow majority, and all but split the Senate, in effect ending the full on neo-progressive agenda of Obama-Pelosi-Reid.

Following 2010, even more moderate Dems will then be forced to sign onto Republican legislation in order to secure survival in 2012. The rollback battle will begin in earnest...

You have an amusing history of being wrong more often than right with these sort of predictions.

Would you thus agree that it would be advisable for readers to take that into account in deciding how seriously they should take you?

Ah, fear not folks!

You have an amusing history of being wrong more often than right with these sort of predictions.

Would you thus agree that it would be advisable for readers to take that into account in deciding how seriously they should take you?

___

Actually I have been quite accurate - remarkably so in fact!

Top-notch...:eusa_angel:

Your words are just not flowing together today, are they? You forgot to tell my grandpop to go screw himself.

If the Democrats are guilty of anything, it might be overconfidence. They are certainly not hanging on every news report hoping for encouraging stories, like the few Republicans who are still around.

Last edited:
+
MY - OH - MY.

Things continue to worsen ever more for the Obama Democrats...

____

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup Generic Ballot

Gallup's generic polling shows the number of voters saying that they would vote for Republicans rising three points from last week, while the number saying they will vote for Democrats dropped four points. The 49%-43% lead for the Republicans is the largest that the pollster has ever recorded for the party. Moreover, Democratic enthusiasm for voting this fall fell a point, while enthusiasm among Republicans stayed about fifteen points higher. This indicates an even wider lead for Republicans once Gallup imposes a likely voter screen this fall.

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup GenericBallot - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Note to Skidmarks: That's your style, bub. Not mine.

Wait..........whats that I just saw out my window?????

knowingplane1-1.jpg

Note to Skidmarks: That's your style, bub. Not mine.

Believe it or not, I have never posted even a light curse word in USMB. Cursing and name-calling are signs of an inability to communicate in the English language. I leave that to you and your little band of tea baggers. You are funny and sad at the same time.:eusa_doh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back