BOOM!!!! Largest Lead Ever

November will be the end of the line for the Democrats in the House. The GOP will pick off at least 40 seats and soon Nancy "the word" Pelosi will be flying Commercial Airlines again.

256 (-) 40 - 206
178 (+) 40 = 218

256 minus 40 is 216, not 206. Also, you're missing a seat (the House has 435 members, your total only adds up 434).
Thanks Pedant!!!

(PS- it was a typo..and I don't spell check either!!!)

Last edited:
Second, while Republicans may regain some footing, I am not convinced they will live up to their principles of limited government and Restore the Republic.

The Republicans have no principles of limited government.

The tea party across this country--is currently making certain that candidates be them democrat or republican stand for "liminted government". If not--they're not supported.

And so-far--since we are seeing all across this country--rino republicans being kicked to the curb--they are being very effective.

Tea Party--ROCKS.

OH MY!

Generic polls...what will we do?

What happens when you start to put out real names with a real platform? Republicans are still going to shoot themselves in the foot. America has sent them to political exile in the last two elections. The GOP has done nothing to show they deserve to be back in our good graces
That's the rub AND the core problem with America today - republicans don't have to do anything to take back the government. That is the same thing that happened with the dems over the last election cycles. They didn't do anything, the republicans buried themselves with their own crap and now it is the dems doing the same. That is what will win the election for the R's and that is why real change is not likely to occur. As long as we are voting for the other guy instead of voting for THE guy we will not see Washington improve.

There's a problem with getting excited about that: it's not localized.

Once people start looking at their local candidates, they often are happy to continue to vote for the incumbent whose been bringing home the pork and/or has massively outspent the opposition.

Any other time I would agree but I feel this election will be different. It has become fashionable to be against incumbents where that has not been true before. If there is one thing that Americans are good at it is following the herd and doing what is fashionable.

MY - OH - MY.

Things continue to worsen ever more for the Obama Democrats...

____

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup Generic Ballot

Gallup's generic polling shows the number of voters saying that they would vote for Republicans rising three points from last week, while the number saying they will vote for Democrats dropped four points. The 49%-43% lead for the Republicans is the largest that the pollster has ever recorded for the party. Moreover, Democratic enthusiasm for voting this fall fell a point, while enthusiasm among Republicans stayed about fifteen points higher. This indicates an even wider lead for Republicans once Gallup imposes a likely voter screen this fall.
mr-bill.jpg

buc6zw4eoekdyeys7yvleq.gif

wym8taox30qiz0ren9b2lw.gif

529.gif

I am reading this thread just as my Grandpop, a life long DNC member, hands me the latest correspondence. Basically, the fall out from health care reform was less than expected, and the Democratic Party is doing better for the November elections than they expected. Neither Tea Baggers nor Rand Paul were even mentioned. I guess they are not significant enough to show up on the DNC radar.
Ya' HEARD ABOUT THAT, DID YOU??!!!!

529.gif

Ouch...

____

America is watching the president alternate between wringing his hands in helplessness and pointing his finger in blame when he should be solving the most pressing environmental problem America has faced in the past 50 years. We are watching generations of environmental protection swept away as marshes, fisheries, vacation spots, recreational beaches, wetlands, hatcheries and sanctuaries fall prey to the oil spill invasion. And, all the while, the president acts like a spectator, interrupting his basketball games only to excoriate BP for its failure to contain the spill.

The political fallout from the oil spill will, indeed, spill across party and ideological lines. The environmentalists of America cannot take heart from a president so obviously ignorant about how to protect our shores and so obstinately arrogant that he refuses to inform himself and take any responsibility.

...And the truth begins to dawn on all of us: Obama has no more idea how to work his way out of the economic mess into which his policies have plunged us than he does about how to clean up the oil spill that is destroying our southern coastline.

Both the financial crisis and the oil come ever closer to our shores — one from the east and the other from the south — and, between them, they loom as a testament to the incompetence of our government and of its president.

Morris: Obama doesn?t have a clue - TheHill.com

+
Ouch...

____

America is watching the president alternate between wringing his hands in helplessness and pointing his finger in blame when he should be solving the most pressing environmental problem America has faced in the past 50 years. We are watching generations of environmental protection swept away as marshes, fisheries, vacation spots, recreational beaches, wetlands, hatcheries and sanctuaries fall prey to the oil spill invasion. And, all the while, the president acts like a spectator, interrupting his basketball games only to excoriate BP for its failure to contain the spill.

The political fallout from the oil spill will, indeed, spill across party and ideological lines. The environmentalists of America cannot take heart from a president so obviously ignorant about how to protect our shores and so obstinately arrogant that he refuses to inform himself and take any responsibility.

...And the truth begins to dawn on all of us: Obama has no more idea how to work his way out of the economic mess into which his policies have plunged us than he does about how to clean up the oil spill that is destroying our southern coastline.

Both the financial crisis and the oil come ever closer to our shores — one from the east and the other from the south — and, between them, they loom as a testament to the incompetence of our government and of its president.

Morris: Obama doesn?t have a clue - TheHill.com

OH MY!

Generic polls...what will we do?
Gee.....maybe.....compare 'em to BILL CLINTON'S....before HE WAS RE-ELECTED??!!!!

:lol:

Or Bush. His popularity was tanking going into the '04 election. It's pretty hard to unseat an incumbent President.
____

Really?

Tanking?

Zogby showed Bush polling at 41% approval in July 2004, then up to 46% by October 2004, and finally at 49.4% by November 1st, 2004.

So by your own account of history, if that is a mark of Bush "tanking", then what is happening to Obama's poll #s right now would indicate he is even worse than tanking.

Ouch.

WH2004: Full
_______

If you jump over to another pollster, Rasmussen we see the following:

Bush at 45% July 1st of 2005.

By October, Bush was at 46%.

By the end of October Bush was at 48%

So again, if that is a sign of someone "tanking" heading into the elections, then Obama's current polling would indicate a very serious problem for the current president if we are to uitilize your own standards.

http://legacy.rasmussenreports.com/...ree Day Presidential Track Jul 1 - Aug 31.htm
______

Keep your chin up kid...:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Second, while Republicans may regain some footing, I am not convinced they will live up to their principles of limited government and Restore the Republic.

The Republicans have no principles of limited government.

Wrong. RePUBIcans [By any other name Liberal infestation of the Party] Have no principle of Limited Government.

Your grandfather must really hate you. He is obviously trying to deceive you into going along with this mugging of the young by the old so that he can get his for the rest of his life while leaving you with massive taxes and a low standard of living.

Your words are just not flowing together today, are they? You forgot to tell my grandpop to go screw himself.

If the Democrats are guilty of anything, it might be overconfidence. They are certainly not hanging on every news report hoping for encouraging stories, like the few Republicans who are still around.

That's not overconfidence. That's arrogance and condescension for the common man.

Call it what you will. The Dems are running the show. From what I am reading they are not looking at a 2 year plan, they have a 12 year plan, and Republicans just keep helping them out.

republican-party.jpg

Last edited:
+
Gee.....maybe.....compare 'em to BILL CLINTON'S....before HE WAS RE-ELECTED??!!!!

:lol:

Or Bush. His popularity was tanking going into the '04 election. It's pretty hard to unseat an incumbent President.
____

Really?

Tanking?

Zogby showed Bush polling at 41% approval in July 2004, then up to 46% by October 2004, and finally at 49.4% by November 1st, 2004.

So by your own account of history, if that is a mark of Bush "tanking", then what is happening to Obama's poll #s right now would indicate he is even worse than tanking.

Ouch.

WH2004: Full
_______

If you jump over to another pollster, Rasmussen we see the following:

Bush at 45% July 1st of 2005.

By October, Bush was at 46%.

By the end of October Bush was at 48%

So again, if that is a sign of someone "tanking" heading into the elections, then Obama's current polling would indicate a very serious problem for the current president if we are to uitilize your own standards.

RR Presidential Track Jul - Aug
______

Keep your chin up kid...:eusa_angel:

+
MY - OH - MY.

____

Gallup's generic polling shows the number of voters saying that they would vote for Republicans rising three points from last week, while the number saying they will vote for Democrats dropped four points. The 49%-43% lead for the Republicans is the largest that the pollster has ever recorded for the party. Moreover, Democratic enthusiasm for voting this fall fell a point, while enthusiasm among Republicans stayed about fifteen points higher. This indicates an even wider lead for Republicans once Gallup imposes a likely voter screen this fall.

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup GenericBallot - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

+
MY - OH - MY.

____

Republicans Jump Out To Historic Lead In Gallup GenericBallot - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Even the author of your link missed the main reason for a drop in Democratic numbers, which of course was the health care initiative. That fall out was expected, but was is not nearly as bad as Obama/Biden anticipated. This historic legislation is comparable to the passage of Social Security in 1936. Everyone knew the political price would be high, but it was not as high as was first anticipated. Republican medical corporations, pharmaceutical companies, and hospitals spent $1,000,000 per day to kill health care reform, and lost.

6a00d834546ab769e2011168f981c9970c-250wi

Last edited:
+
MY - OH - MY.

____

Even the author of your link missed the main reason for a drop in Democratic numbers, which of course was the health care initiative. That fall out was expected, but was is not nearly as bad as Obama/Biden anticipated. This historic legislation is comparable to the passage of Social Security in 1936. Everyone knew the political price would be high, but it was not as high as was first anticipated. Republican medical corporations, pharmaceutical companies, and hospitals spent $1,000,000 per day to kill health care reform, and lost.

6a00d834546ab769e2011168f981c9970c-250wi
MY GOD, your joking right??? Tell me you are joking! Medical corporations and pharma did not lose they WON! The only thing the healthcare bill did was FORCE PEOPLE TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT. Tell me where that is a loss for them. The sad part is that you still do not realize that those constituents used us all like putty to get their way.

Back on topic, if you don't thing the dems are going to pay big in this next election then you are simply sticking your head in the sand. They will lose big time and the writing is on the wall. The problem is that the public has such short term memories that nothing today will affect the outcome of the 2012 election. Bush proves that as the R's are making this return without truly changing. Granted, the tea party is beginning to influence the grater party but all I see at this point is lip service to ideals that should be the core of our politicians beliefs. It is my firm belief that BO sold his entire party down the river now to make sure that he can salvage his own ass coming the 2012 presidential elections. As long as he pushes all of the liberal agenda now and abandons that for a populist push in the last one to two years he has in office there will be no replacing him. To the celebrating R's here, this is only the half way point and the rest of the fight is uphill for both within and without our party.

November will be the end of the line for the Democrats in the House. The GOP will pick off at least 40 seats and soon Nancy "the word" Pelosi will be flying Commercial Airlines again.

256 (-) 40 - 216
178 (+) 40 = 218

Yeah, NOT A CHANCE.

You got a list of 40 vulnerable seats? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

Forum List

Back