BOOM: DISNEY $125 Million In Employee Bonuses, Credits Tax Cuts...

I haven't been to Disney World for about 30 years, having reached a point in my life where I no longer allow myself to be tortured; but I am wondering, will they still sell you a hot dog, bag of chips and a Coke for $13?

Ah, the kids love Disney World. It's a wonderful unforgettable experience for em. Don't be such a curmudgeon. ;)

But they did not get a pump in pay, they got a bonus, a bonus that is taxed at 40%.

Oh, the horror! They got a bonus. Man, y'all Dem Hater-Bots have lost it. I'll take a bonus.

So now I am back to being a Dem, a few threads ago the Dems were calling me a Trump worshiper.

you zealots are the same no matter which party your are loyal to.

So you would decline your bonus? Ok. :cuckoo:

No, I would not decline it but I would take it for what it was worth, a pat on the head.

Some people are easier to buy off than others I suppose. I guess there are benefits to having such a low price as you seem to

Yeah seriously, you need to lay off hateful delusional Democrat Fake News. It's got you all twisted up. A bonus is a good thing to real people in the real world.

Let me put it to you this way.

Right before Christmas I got a $400 bonus (it had nothing to with the tax change).

On Jan 10th of 2018 my promotion was official and I got a raise of just a tad over 12 grand a year.

Which one do you think I was more thrilled about?

Oh, the horror! They got a bonus. Man, y'all Dem Hater-Bots have lost it. I'll take a bonus.

So now I am back to being a Dem, a few threads ago the Dems were calling me a Trump worshiper.

No, I would not decline it but I would take it for what it was worth, a pat on the head.

Some people are easier to buy off than others I suppose. I guess there are benefits to having such a low price as you seem to

Yeah seriously, you need to lay off hateful delusional Democrat Fake News. It's got you all twisted up. A bonus is a good thing to real people in the real world.

Right before Christmas I got a $400 bonus (it had nothing to with the tax change).

On Jan 10th of 2018 my promotion was official and I got a raise of just a tad over 12 grand a year.

Yes, raises and bonuses are good things to real people in the real world. That's what i've been saying. Thanks.

I haven't been to Disney World for about 30 years, having reached a point in my life where I no longer allow myself to be tortured; but I am wondering, will they still sell you a hot dog, bag of chips and a Coke for $13?

Ah, the kids love Disney World. It's a wonderful unforgettable experience for em. Don't be such a curmudgeon. ;)

We took the kids in 2012 for Christmas. At the time one was 16 and one was 9. We stayed in the park and saw everything there was to see, got the early start and the late time on the rides. It was a lot of fun without a doubt. But both kids were like "well, that was great, I never want to do it again"! lol

I know that I am going to get beat up for this, but...

While it is a nice thing and it makes for great headlines, does not also not seem just a little bit like a condescending pat on the head? $1000 spread out over 6 months. And not even a pay raise?

Bonuses and pay raises aren't mutually exclusive and no where does it say that Disney employees are getting bonuses instead of pay raises, in addition to cash bonuses Disney also announced that it's also starting a new higher education initiative for 88,000 eligible employees with an initial investment of $50 million and $25 million annually.

... A for effort in your attempt to turn good news for workers into something negative, F for execution.:rolleyes:

Nowhere does it say they are getting raises.
Are you assuming that Disney employees aren't getting annual wage increases unless they are explicitly announced in the press? :uhh:

They are getting bonuses that are taxed at 40%. So the $1000 is really $600.
Where do you get the 40% figure from? and even if that were correct which is better for the employee $600 or ZERO?

While it is a nice thing and it makes for great headlines, does not also not seem just a little bit like a condescending pat on the head? $1000 spread out over 6 months. And not even a pay raise?

Bonuses and pay raises aren't mutually exclusive and no where does it say that Disney employees are getting bonuses instead of pay raises, in addition to cash bonuses Disney also announced that it's also starting a new higher education initiative for 88,000 eligible employees with an initial investment of $50 million and $25 million annually.

... A for effort in your attempt to turn good news for workers into something negative, F for execution.:rolleyes:

Are you assuming that Disney employees aren't getting annual wage increases unless they are explicitly announced in the press? :uhh:

Where do you get the 40% figure from? and even if that were correct which is better for the employee $600 or ZERO?

Why yes, I am. Companies like that do not give out raises without fanfare and major announcement.

The 40% come from personal experience. Where I work we basically cover the taxes for bonuses given out, so if someone gets a $400 bonus, on their pay stub it will show up as $560 dollar bonus, with the other 160 going to taxes. Now the 40 is an estimate, I think it is really closer to 42 but wanted to be conservative in my guess.

Yes, raises and bonuses are good things to real people in the real world. That's what i've been saying. Thanks.

Is debt (this is financed on the back of) also "good things to the real people in the real world"?

There seems to be a lot of compartmentalization going on here.

Is debt this is financed by "good things to the real people in the real world"?

When there is an (R) in the White House then the Right wing loves debt. When there is an (D) in the White House the right wing hates debt

When there is an (D) in the White House then the left wing loves debt. When there is an (R) in the White House the left wing hates debt

When there is an (R) in the White House then the Right wing loves debt. When there is an (D) in the White House the right wing hates debt

When there is an (D) in the White House then the left wing loves debt. When there is an (R) in the White House the left wing hates debt

Although I could spend some time on such false equivalency, I'm really not so much concerned with R&D as I am with facts of the matter.

I'm not so much concerned with R&D as I am with facts of the matter.

Party zealots do not care about facts.

All the Obama zealots could not have cared less about debt for the last 8 years all of a sudden do now
All of the Trump zealots that whined about debt for the last 8 years all of a sudden do not give a shit about it.

that is why I hate partisan politics.

Why yes, I am. Companies like that do not give out raises without fanfare and major announcement.
The vast majority of American large cap & mid cap companies have annual compensation increase plans in place that they don't say a word about in the press, perhaps because announcing routine annual COLA and merit raises isn't something that many companies find newsworthy. Generally speaking It's only when they DEVIATE from existing plans does the general public hear about it and only when it's coming from companies of scale.

The 40% come from personal experience.
Personal experience with what? The tax status of 125,000 Disney employees that are spread all over the country with varied levels of income and exemptions?

my guess.
Yeah that's what I thought, Your GUESS aka "A WAG".

Thanks for your answers but you forget to address the which is better for employees $600 or ZERO question.

Feel free to continue with your efforts to turn a positive into a negative.

I'm thrilled that Mickey Mouse and pals are going to get a break, and I am sure that it will be worth the $1.5 trillion that us taxpayers will have to absorb sooner or later.

Please clarify with a reliable source and link.

Oh, please Markle, even the GOP senators who passed the bill acknowledge the the OBM figure is correct. Do you need a link that proves the law of gravity exists, too?

I'm thrilled that Mickey Mouse and pals are going to get a break, and I am sure that it will be worth the $1.5 trillion that us taxpayers will have to absorb sooner or later.

Please clarify with a reliable source and link.

The staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) estimates that enacting the bill would reduce revenues by about $1,438 billion over the 2018-2027 period

H.R. 1, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

Now it is your turn to clarify why you think that is a good idea.

Who cares? Companies weren’t doing it during the Obama Error.

Okay, well at least you admit they were doing it for headlines and PR. Additionally, their employees know that the company they work for got a whopping tax break. The big corporations who don't offer something ultimately are shamed into doing it.

It's a token gesture to appease the masses prior to the employees getting PO'd and hitting back via social media and bad word of mouth.

The vast majority of American large cap & mid cap companies have annual compensation increase plans in place that they don't say a word about in the press, perhaps because announcing routine annual COLA and merit raises isn't something that many companies find newsworthy. Generally speaking It's only when they DEVIATE from existing plans does the general public hear about it and only when it's coming from companies of scale.

The 40% come from personal experience.
Personal experience with what? The tax status of 125,000 Disney employees that are spread all over the country with varied levels of income and exemptions?

my guess.
Yeah that's what I thought, Your GUESS aka "A WAG".

Thanks for your answers but you forget to address the which is better for employees $600 or ZERO question.

Feel free to continue with your efforts to turn a positive into a negative.

Thank you for the dishonest cutting and pasting of my words. You cry like a baby about me making a simple mistake and then you willfully change my words.

Dishonest bitch!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

One would think that all the remaining Tea Party people would stop ranting about how the democrats are all about giving people "free shit", after this tax cut, resulting bonuses, and increased deficit by the GOP, but that does not happen in Trumpville, because tax reduction magically pays for itself, here. If they just stop taxing people altogether, there would be no more deficit at all!

[

Let me jump in and address this ridiculous FALSE DICHOTOMY.

It is not $600 or $0, it is $600 or somewhere around $120,000 (if we pretend that no such thing as national debt even exists)

I'll take the $120,000, which is about 100% of ten year corporate tax-cut volume, instead of 1% crumbs corporations are nice enough to throw their way (and I'm not even being sarcastic, corps didn't have to give that from strictly business perspective)

If we are going to blow 1.5 Trillion on something then there are one hundred and one ways to make sure we are spending that on helping low and middle class, instead of widening the income gap in this already highly polarized country.

Last edited:

All the Obama zealots could not have cared less about debt for the last 8 years all of a sudden do now
All of the Trump zealots that whined about debt for the last 8 years all of a sudden do not give a shit about it.

you should really count how many times a day you accuse people of that. after awhile it's more you than them.

you should really count how many times a day you accuse people of that. after awhile it's more you than them.

Not on this board it is not. This board is overflowing with people that are party zealots. I have been on a lot of different forums over the years and none have been this bad. But I think that is just the sign of the times, more and more people are moving to the fringes and fewer and fewer of us are left in the middle.

But they did not get a pump in pay, they got a bonus, a bonus that is taxed at 40%.

There is no hate here, Disney CEO did leave Trump's advisory council.
But the reality is, this bonus costs them just 1 percent of their annual profits, before this tax cut.
Make no mistake, the layoffs are coming, tax cut or not.

Forum List

Back